Stock Community Space Program - Observation save ready.

11 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

Alright, ready when you are.

Still the 3 module cap, no?

Yes, no more than 3 launches unless for a good reason. Save is on page 10 somewhere.

11 hours ago, biomecaman said:

hello @Scientia1423 I would like to participate. I'm a noob when it come to the forum sry if I got the format of this request wrong

Ok sure, is there a certain time you want to participate?

@DMSP, what slot do you want to take?

Edited by Scientia1423

8 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

@TwinKerbal, I'll need the save in soon when you're finished.

@biomecaman, If you want to participate, you will need to pick a slot and notify me that you are taking it. Then you launch whatever you want into orbit and finish setting it up for everyone to see.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2_9W5Rt9PRMSU1oT0JkWTFyc1k?usp=sharing

Save here

Added a Minimus land base and two fighter planes (Because why not?)

12 hours ago, biomecaman said:

Hello @Scientia1423 I learned how to tag (lol) and would like to take the slot of March 21-22 OR March 25-26, I'll grab the file later tonight and if that's not ok, i'll just download it again friday.

Thanks guys. Hoping to put a module onto each of the stations, there are 3 right?

There are four, I just haven't added the ice cream station yet (around minmus).

7 hours ago, Spartwo said:

Anything happen with the Dres ship? There must have been enough turns to reach a transfer window by now.

6 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

Dres ship?

Oh shoot.  Did it crash into something?

I didn't touch it, I just renamed it slightly saying (to dres).

Edited by Scientia1423

I was only able to launch 2 vessels, both shuttles, one of which in still in MKO, at 1,200km with about 3,800dV (LV-N). anyone can use it.

I added an orange tank to the gateway station, and put a double orange into orbit around Kerbin, feel free to use it to refuel.

I have pictures but they will have to wait till next week sry.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, biomecaman said:

I was only able to launch 2 vessels, both shuttles, one of which in still in MKO, at 1,200km with about 3,800dV (LV-N). anyone can use it.

I added an orange tank to the gateway station, and put a double orange into orbit around Kerbin, feel free to use it to refuel.

I have pictures but they will have to wait till next week sry.

Thanks!

Wiki has been updated: http://kspstock-community-space-program.wikia.com/wiki/Upcoming_Missions/Previous_Missions

• 2 weeks later...

I am closing down the project for good.

So yeah, it's finally come to an end. I tried to keep it going from march but it seemed people weren't interested.

I was very enthusiastic about the project when it first started because I moved on from the original Modded community space program and I thought it could bring something new. The Stock community space program started in August as an attempt to build a community station, like that of the original SCSS by zekes before it died. Eventually the leader needed to pass the role on due to personal reasons and I took over. I was able to keep it up for nearly 3 months before no one else volunteered. 

Seeing the project rot didn't do well for me as I had no more requests for time slots. I tried to restart the project in the middle of March and so far since then, only two people completed their turns. Then the thread went silent again and I had lost hope in it.

So the 7th-8th of April will be the last turn before I shut it down. I will finish what everyone has done and it will be ready for viewing and experimenting only.

It's just something I had to do because beating a dead horse isn't what I like to do with threads.

If you want the last turn, please comment underneath this comment and tag me like this (@Scientia1423)

Observation save will be linked here after completion: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9XSuS0-gok4X09hM2duTFFCbkk

Edited by Scientia1423

Hi @Scientia1423, I would like to take a turn before it ends (:(). However, I looked through the thread and was not able to locate the current save. Do I still have to PM you for it?

In future, a public save might help to keep the thread alive, as prospective members could look at the current stations for inspiration before volunteering to add a module. @cantab's Cities Skylines collab thread has been pretty successful with a publicly announced current save and a schedule-less open claim model, but it did rely on the Steam Workshop, which isn't available for KSP.

On 4/6/2017 at 2:12 AM, HebaruSan said:

Hi @Scientia1423, I would like to take a turn before it ends (:(). However, I looked through the thread and was not able to locate the current save. Do I still have to PM you for it?

In future, a public save might help to keep the thread alive, as prospective members could look at the current stations for inspiration before volunteering to add a module. @cantab's Cities Skylines collab thread has been pretty successful with a publicly announced current save and a schedule-less open claim model, but it did rely on the Steam Workshop, which isn't available for KSP.

I have made it public and the saves have been posted on this thread but i'll take the advice.

I will hand you the save and extend it for you until monday. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxtbwCF0ikkBWnNSS0FRYldtaTg

Sorry for the late response.

13 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

I have made it public and the saves have been posted on this thread but i'll take the advice.

I will hand you the save and extend it for you until monday. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxtbwCF0ikkBWnNSS0FRYldtaTg

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response.

No problem.

EDIT: I decided not to borrow anybody else's crew members.

Edited by HebaruSan

Thanks for letting me take this historic save out for a spin, @Scientia1423. It was challenging to try to live up to all the cool stuff that's already been launched.

Narrative:

Gusbro Kerman had long since lost count of the days he'd spent in the Astronaut Complex, studying manuals, training on simulators, and generally trying to look competent whenever Gene Kerman walked by. Just when he was about to give up hope, Gene finally selected him to fly the new Ice Cream Station module, codenamed Hot Fudge, and handle its deployment! Gusbro quickly settled his affairs and headed to the launch pad.

Safety always being priority number one, the launch configuration featured a capsule at the top and a launch escape system (untested), just like a rocket famous in a dimension other than Gusbro's. The first booster stage was discarded before circularization and fell harmlessly back to the planet (he assumed). The second stage was used to circularize into a 0.0 km encounter with "Free space tugs do whatever you want with 'em," after which it de-orbited itself with Sepratrons. The payload was then docked with the larger of the free space tugs. After a routine status check to make sure the tug was in working order, Gusbro performed a 5-minute burn to a retrograde orbit around Minmus. His mission plan binder said his next task was to do nothing for a full week, so Gusbro kept himself busy by moving the command pods to the docking ports where they would serve as emergency pods for the crew of the station, with enough delta V to return from Minmus to Kerbin independently. Then he settled in at the station's science computer for a marathon session of his favorite game, Human Space Program.

Once inside Minmus's SOI, Gusbro executed a capture burn that led to another close encounter, this time with the diminutive Ice Cream Station, his destination. He sighed with relief when he saw he would be approaching at only 4 m/s; let Jeb handle those dangerous high speed maneuvers that he likes to brag about so much. After coasting close and zeroing out relative velocity, Gusbro disengaged the dock with the tug and brought his Hot Fudge craft to a gentle contact with the core of Ice Cream Station, then remotely docked the tug at the other side to prevent it from drifting loose and causing havoc.

Then the real work started; Gusbro once again boarded the command pod, undocked it, and used a few careful puffs of monopropellant to place its docking port next to that of one of the radial girder assemblies. There wasn't room to dock fully with the center of the station in the way, so once he could feel the pull of the magnets, he signaled to the station's computer to release the assembly, which drifted out and clamped onto the pod. (Simulations had shown that the girder would spin unmanageably if it was allowed to drift freely.) Then it was a routine matter to position the girder at its forever home at the station core and extend the solar panels. (Engaging the decoupler while the docking port magnets were already pulling seemed to jam the docking ports together, but an urgent call to Misson Control traced the problem to software, and Gusbro was able to fix it by editing the incorrect value "Acquire" to "Docked" in a few places in his pod's persistence system.) Gusbro patiently installed the other three girders in the same way and returned the pod to its designated emergency service location, and Ice Cream Station was ready for action! Gusbro Kerman logged back in to the station's computer to send a notification to the crew of the nearby Quasarrminer 1 that they were welcome to visit anytime. Not bad for ten days' flying, Gusbro thought.

Album (I limited myself to only one map screen picture, but a few others are available upon request):

Save:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1uGLwvS6hf6UDRNdEdOTVd5Qms

13 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

@HebaruSan, Thanks for the save, as the last one to ever send anything into space.

Too bad i got on this so late, it was fun. I like how open ended it was.

@Scientia1423 There's nothing wrong with the project, but if i may ask, why is it in spacecraft exchange and not in the challenges section? wouldn't it make more sense over there? there are several popular community projects on that section right now and that's the place people usually go if they are looking for something to do.

maybe try a reboot over there? I'm down for it, but i wont be around for the next 2 weeks.

Seems the most popular ones have a lot of guidelines, cool, but not my thing. That's why i really liked this one, bummer it's closing.

good idea though

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.