Expand Tutorials Section

Daveroski

A lot of people come here for help.
The Tutorials Forum should carry these sub-forums.

Getting into orbit.
Rocket Design
Spaceplane Design
Lander Design
Intercepts.
Landing
Docking
Orbital Construction
Space Stations

RCS Explained
SAS Explained
KerbalNet Explained
Science Explained

To make this forum Noob Friendly, there should be sub-forums in the Tutorials Section for all these things.
I would be happy to post tutorials too but the current section is a jungle and finding anything is difficult at best.

The more people that are interested in KSP then the knock-on effect means more patches, updates and of course mods.
Everybody wins.

Back in the day I started with KSP (and you are as old) there was just the KSP demo, few basic trainers and some fine vids providing good hints to start. Most of what you suggest seems to be covered now in Start game / Training and KSPedia with the game itself. If more was needed, however, you are certainly welcome to add tutorials yourself with the forum section (I'm sure you have enough knowledge on such subjects to cover them with ease). That forum section is completely volunteer-based, we gladly accept more entries.

57 minutes ago, diomedea said:

Back in the day I started with KSP (and you are as old) there was just the KSP demo, few basic trainers and some fine vids providing good hints to start. Most of what you suggest seems to be covered now in Start game / Training and KSPedia with the game itself. If more was needed, however, you are certainly welcome to add tutorials yourself with the forum section (I'm sure you have enough knowledge on such subjects to cover them with ease). That forum section is completely volunteer-based, we gladly accept more entries.

If none are needed then I have a counter proposition.

Let's scrap the tutorials sub-forum altogether.

All the quizzical noobs who come here but simply be too dim to grasp the depth and detail of all the in-game information. Best just to humour them and perhaps they will go away.

I'm a member of the community.

Can I add sub-forums myself?
Can I clean up the jungle which the current tutorial forum currently is?
Can I move posts from one section to another?

No , no and no.

So I thought I would put it to The Community.
Your reply was enough to make me lose interest in the subject.
Some tutor I am, if I can't even see the logic of your argument.
So your right, silly idea.
What was I thinking?

There are not that many actively updated tutorial threads. The ones which are updated generally stay near the top of the thread list anyway, so my feeling is that subdivisions would scatter and obscure the useful information rather than help disseminate it. 

However, if you would like to help out, we used to have a very helpful player-made index to tutorials. Unfortunately, that player has left the community due to real world demands, so anyone willing to take up the task of making and maintaining such a thread would earn the appreciation of the community. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.