worst planet

Archibald1936

1 minute ago, parameciumkid said:

Earth. It's completely overrun by idiots.

Unrelated, but I was just looking at Paramecium under a microscope a few days ago. (Finally, I understand where your name comes from!)

DRES. A huge astroid field, no special challenge or uniqueness, you might as well spend your time at Mün if you want a similar experience.

Earth wait, you mean in KSP... In that case: Tylo (technically a moon, but WTH) - much gravity, no atmosphere. PITA to land on. 2nd place: Eve - much gravity, much atmosphere, rockets don't work so well but at least you can fly.

I would say Eeloo and Dres are tied for the honor, in my book.  Nothing particularly interesting about them, no interesting surface features, no moons, typical small-planet dimensions and gravity.

Moho is also an uninteresting planet to me in terms of the planet itself... but that's somewhat compensated for by being fairly quick to get there, and an interesting challenge because of the scads of dV required.

My problem with Eeloo and Dres is that they're inconvenient (far away from anything) without being challenging.

17 hours ago, Mastikator said:

Jool. Nearly impossible to not burn up in the atmosphere and then it takes forever to get to the surface.

It's a nightmare.

Surface is also an downer. 
Now, get out again :) Don't work in stock since 1.0 at least outside of exploits. 

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hey... what's wrong with Florida?

Well, besides the staggering heat and humidity, alligators, mosquitoes the size of crows, and worst of all... lovebugs... yucchhh...

Still, it's slightly less annoying than Tylo... :sticktongue:

Glad to know about that new planet I'll be living on soon. Say, does it have any winter?

Any planet except Dres. 

Probably Eve. Because Eve is Eveil! Or maybe it's Duna. Because you know that you should be able to land on it but you always seem to fail...

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Still, it's slightly less annoying than Tylo... :sticktongue:

But Tylo has interesting things! Tylo has rocks and rocks and more rocks. All the planet Florida has is a space center. At the space center they control robots that collect rocks, so rocks are more interesting than a space center! I live on the planet WhyIsItAlwaysRainingHere?

5 minutes ago, max_creative said:

All the planet Florida has is a space center. At the space center they control robots that collect rocks...

Nah.  The center in Florida only launches rockets.  The robots are controlled from California, and people missions are controlled from Houston after the rocket gets off the pad.

7 hours ago, HoloYolo said:

Glad to know about that new planet I'll be living on soon. Say, does it have any winter?

yes, but where I am it rarely drops below 50 degrees, and I have't seen snow in 20 years

One cool thing, on a clear day (or night) you can see rockets being launched even from where I am!  :D

23 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

yes, but where I am it rarely drops below 50 degrees, and I have't seen snow in 20 years

One cool thing, on a clear day (or night) you can see rockets being launched even from where I am!  :D

My gf can see Wallops Island from where she lives and watched the last Antares launch from her porch. I was jealous.

On 11/7/2016 at 4:23 AM, SchweinAero said:

They're not annoying per se, but in my opinion Moho and Eeloo are tied for least interesting planet. Their orbits are alright - just the bodies themselves are supremely dull. Usual gravity, no satellites, few unique surface features.

It doesn't help that both Dres and Eeloo have had their masses increased from their real world counterparts to become even more Munlike. Moho at least has the interesting 0.3g, No Atmo combination that Mercury has. Moho is actually sort of like a practice world for Tylo.

In my opinion the worst celestial body in the solar system is Ike. It has an interesting color map, but its heightmap is nothing but lumps and noise. Following it closely is the current Duna, which is an absurdly boring lumpy ball of mush compared to what it looked like in the past. Duna, at least, is interesting from a gameplay perspective, as is Ike.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.