Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott Vandezande

Outpost requirement "must be on motorized wheels"

6 posts in this topic

This is just a tip for people who might be having the extreme frustration I was having.  If you get a mission to build an outpost and it has the requirement "the outpost must be on motorized wheels" and it's not getting met, try driving around.  I was testing my mobile base at KSC and the requirement wasn't getting checked off, even though the base was clearly on wheels and very mobile.  I decided to drive off the launch pad and tour around KSC to see what happens, and as soon as I left the launch pad, the requirement got met.  Hope this helps somebody.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I will try that next time! I though it was because I was using mod parts. I ended up cancelling the contract and cheating myself the 680k I netted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkyHook said:

Ok I will try that next time! I though it was because I was using mod parts. I ended up cancelling the contract and cheating myself the 680k I netted.

You can also use the cheat menu to complete a contract. Saves a step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sir_Robert said:

You can also use the cheat menu to complete a contract. Saves a step.

Any more tips, oh great master of the Kerbals? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scott Vandezande said:

This is just a tip for people who might be having the extreme frustration I was having.  If you get a mission to build an outpost and it has the requirement "the outpost must be on motorized wheels" and it's not getting met, try driving around.  I was testing my mobile base at KSC and the requirement wasn't getting checked off, even though the base was clearly on wheels and very mobile.  I decided to drive off the launch pad and tour around KSC to see what happens, and as soon as I left the launch pad, the requirement got met.  Hope this helps somebody.

I ran into this just recently.  Aside from discovering that the satisfied-or-not criterion doesn't work on the launch pad, I also found some somewhat inconsistent results when I was trying to test "do the motorized wheels have to be touching the ground", or "is it okay if any parts other than the wheels are touching the ground".

Basically:  it's kinda flaky.  So yeah, try driving around, try saving-reloading, try tipping the craft this way and that.  It seems a little fidgety and inconsistent about when it recognizes the criterion as being satisfied or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well rovers I will actually use is very nice to rest in the skate park known as launchpad and crawl-way. 
lfWfRJYh.png
This is an mobile base for testing, something who don't survive the crawlway don't fly. 
The hard test is the launchpad, fly off it is the first test, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0