Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott Vandezande

Outpost requirement "must be on motorized wheels"

6 posts in this topic

This is just a tip for people who might be having the extreme frustration I was having.  If you get a mission to build an outpost and it has the requirement "the outpost must be on motorized wheels" and it's not getting met, try driving around.  I was testing my mobile base at KSC and the requirement wasn't getting checked off, even though the base was clearly on wheels and very mobile.  I decided to drive off the launch pad and tour around KSC to see what happens, and as soon as I left the launch pad, the requirement got met.  Hope this helps somebody.

3 people like this

Ok I will try that next time! I though it was because I was using mod parts. I ended up cancelling the contract and cheating myself the 680k I netted.

2 hours ago, SkyHook said:

Ok I will try that next time! I though it was because I was using mod parts. I ended up cancelling the contract and cheating myself the 680k I netted.

You can also use the cheat menu to complete a contract. Saves a step.

56 minutes ago, Sir_Robert said:

You can also use the cheat menu to complete a contract. Saves a step.

Any more tips, oh great master of the Kerbals? lol

4 hours ago, Scott Vandezande said:

This is just a tip for people who might be having the extreme frustration I was having.  If you get a mission to build an outpost and it has the requirement "the outpost must be on motorized wheels" and it's not getting met, try driving around.  I was testing my mobile base at KSC and the requirement wasn't getting checked off, even though the base was clearly on wheels and very mobile.  I decided to drive off the launch pad and tour around KSC to see what happens, and as soon as I left the launch pad, the requirement got met.  Hope this helps somebody.

I ran into this just recently.  Aside from discovering that the satisfied-or-not criterion doesn't work on the launch pad, I also found some somewhat inconsistent results when I was trying to test "do the motorized wheels have to be touching the ground", or "is it okay if any parts other than the wheels are touching the ground".

Basically:  it's kinda flaky.  So yeah, try driving around, try saving-reloading, try tipping the craft this way and that.  It seems a little fidgety and inconsistent about when it recognizes the criterion as being satisfied or not.

Well rovers I will actually use is very nice to rest in the skate park known as launchpad and crawl-way. 
lfWfRJYh.png
This is an mobile base for testing, something who don't survive the crawlway don't fly. 
The hard test is the launchpad, fly off it is the first test,