Outpost requirement "must be on motorized wheels"

Scott Vandezande

This is just a tip for people who might be having the extreme frustration I was having.  If you get a mission to build an outpost and it has the requirement "the outpost must be on motorized wheels" and it's not getting met, try driving around.  I was testing my mobile base at KSC and the requirement wasn't getting checked off, even though the base was clearly on wheels and very mobile.  I decided to drive off the launch pad and tour around KSC to see what happens, and as soon as I left the launch pad, the requirement got met.  Hope this helps somebody.

4 hours ago, Scott Vandezande said:

This is just a tip for people who might be having the extreme frustration I was having.  If you get a mission to build an outpost and it has the requirement "the outpost must be on motorized wheels" and it's not getting met, try driving around.  I was testing my mobile base at KSC and the requirement wasn't getting checked off, even though the base was clearly on wheels and very mobile.  I decided to drive off the launch pad and tour around KSC to see what happens, and as soon as I left the launch pad, the requirement got met.  Hope this helps somebody.

I ran into this just recently.  Aside from discovering that the satisfied-or-not criterion doesn't work on the launch pad, I also found some somewhat inconsistent results when I was trying to test "do the motorized wheels have to be touching the ground", or "is it okay if any parts other than the wheels are touching the ground".

Basically:  it's kinda flaky.  So yeah, try driving around, try saving-reloading, try tipping the craft this way and that.  It seems a little fidgety and inconsistent about when it recognizes the criterion as being satisfied or not.

Well rovers I will actually use is very nice to rest in the skate park known as launchpad and crawl-way. 
lfWfRJYh.png
This is an mobile base for testing, something who don't survive the crawlway don't fly. 
The hard test is the launchpad, fly off it is the first test, 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.