The Battle of Kerbin (Finale: Traitors and the End, A Fond Farewell, Jeb's Goodbye, and a Note from the Author)

DarkOwl57

Alright so status report:

1) I am not dead, I am just in the process of typing Chapter 7 (It's about 3 pages already with about half a page or so to go), so be ready for another long one.

2) Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving (November 24th for you people out of America (How could you?!?!?)); Mine was great, with turkey, football, and LOTS of PUMPKIN PIE!!!!! (Seriously, if you get in the way of me and pie, may the Kerblord have mercy on your soul).

3) My extra time may or may not have been taken up by another game. I promise I am getting back towards KSP, but hopefully I will be able to get this stuff out for you guys. Thank you!

Chapter 7! I actually was wrong in my last post; I actually didn't have very much left to go.... Oh, and just to let you guys know, I wrote this chapter over the space of about 1 week. wait.... *Checks when last chapter was posted*

Whoah.... I have actually been writing since the 22nd.... so that would be EXACTLY 1 WEEK!!! I was just guessing. Anyways, CHAPTER 7 EN ROUTE!

Chapter 7

The ‘Battle’

Time: 09:00 Hours

Jeb sat down in the little revolving chair, and looked at the other pilots. He was definitively anxious about the first ever interplanetary battle known to the universe, but he was still ready to get back into the habit of blowing up the enemy. A commander with gray hair walked into the room carrying a clipboard.

“Alright pilots,” The commander barked, facing the group of pilots that had been assembled. “This is by far the biggest mission you have ever been on, and probably the biggest you will ever be on. We are going to attack this colony here,” He said as he pointed to a cluster of buildings. “Bombers are en route and should arrive over the colony just as we are pulling out, so as soon as you get radar contacts, get the heck out of there.”

Geez, this guy is serious, Jeb thought as a younger pilot giggled. “Did I say something funny, pilot?” The commander asked, staring at her. “No, grandpa,” She snickered. Everyone but Jeb and the commander laughed, but Jeb did smirk a little bit. “Now listen here young lady,” The commander tried to say before being interrupted by another wave of laughing, which Jeb joined in.

“Now just because I’m 70 doesn’t mean-“ The commander started, before the pilot said “You’re older than my grandpa!” Jeb laughed along with the rest of the crew, before saying “Alright, let’s listen to the guy.” The room slowly went quiet, as the pilots followed Jeb’s command perfectly. Even though most of them were from different nations, Jeb’s power and leadership stretched across the borders of Kerbin.

“Thank you,” The commander nodded to Jeb as he continued. “Now, the Evians are reported to have at least 4 new defenses. From what we have seen, they mostly resemble the PD-5.” The entire room mumbled to themselves in worry. The PE-5 was the worst enemy of fighters and bombers alike, with guns, missiles, and a laser to destroy anything it wanted to.

“Hang on, hang on,” The commander ordered, attempting to regain control. “Now listen. Even thought they have the defenses, we have the weapons.” He pressed a button, and the slide changed, and it showed a strange new missile. “This new weapon- the High-speed Anti Radiation Missile, or HARM- is going to lock on to any form of radar tracking, and blow it sky high.”

Jeb stared at the missile, which was now showing how it would fit onto the fighter jets. It looked just like a regular radar missile, just thicker. Every pilot seemed excited, and Jeb understood. With this weapon, they now had a new piece of tech, and a new weapon to destroy the new threat.

“So, if there are no questions, good luck.” The commander saluted, and dismissed the group, who walked to the docking bay to begin the first attack.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Time: 09:30 Hours

Jeb strapped in the plane, looking out the main bay door at the massive purple planet. Even though it was the planet of the unknown, it was still amazingly beautiful. Jeb warmed the engine up, monitoring the crucial data that was being cycled through.

“You guys ready to launch?” Jeb asked as the other pilots fired their engines. “In 3… 2… 1!” Jeb released the docking node on the bottom of his ship, and he shot out of the bay at maximum speed. The other pilots shot out as well, before lining up in formation.

Jeb was relaxing as he prepared for the de-orbit window, when his satellite phone began to buzz. Wow, 4 bars, Jeb thought as he looked at the screen. He pressed the answer button, and said “Hello?”

“Hi, dad.” Robert’s voice called out, making Jeb smile. “Hey bud,” he looked around, trying to find where his camera was. “What are you doing?” Robert asked, obviously excited at being able to talk to his dad. “Well, I am currently looking out at Eve, and preparing to de-orbit.” Jeb replied, finding his camera. “Hang on a second, I’ve got something to show you.” Jeb hung up the phone, and activated the video function on his phone.

He slowly turned the camera, so that it picked up the planet, as well as the other fighters and the ISC. Then, Jeb turned the camera to himself, and said “Hey Robert, hope you're having fun down on Kerbin. See you guys soon!” Before turning the camera off. He sent the video to Robert, and called him again.

“Whoah!” Robert exclaimed as he picked up. “Do you like it?” Jeb asked as the phone buzzed again. “Yeah, it was amazing!” Robert replied as Jeb checked what had made the buzzing. Haydi was trying to get to him. “Hi, Haydi.” Jeb said. “I’m talking to Robert right now; Do you want to talk to him?”

“Heck yeah,” Haydi replied. Jeb merged the calls, and said “Okay, you’re on.” Haydi took up the cue immediately, and began the conversation. “So, is this the great Robert that I hear Jeb talking about every day of the week?” Jeb smiled. She was a natural for this kind of stuff.

“Hello,” Robert replied, not sounding a bit shy at talking. “Oh, sorry I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Haydi,” She said, grinning widely as well. Then, Robert replied with “Hi Haydi. Do you know my dad?” Haydi let out a small laugh, before replying “Yes, I do know Jeb.”

“In fact,” Jeb said, looking back at the ISC. “She’s actually up in orbit with me.” Robert went into a frenzy of question asking, before Jeb said, “Hey, buddy? I’m going to have to go. Yeah, re-entry doesn’t really allow for a phone call.” Robert sighed, but finally said “Alright. See you soon,” Before Jeb clicked the phone off.

“Let’s get ready, guys. De-orbit window happening in 30 seconds.” The other pilots prepared to take flight, Jeb had a nervous thought. What if I’m not coming back? Jeb shook off the thought, before slamming the throttle down. I’m going to make it.

Time: 10:20 Hours

As the flames blew up over the nose and the plane buffeted around, Jeb looked over his radar, attempting to check if there were any targets in the air or on the ground. But even though the radar had been dramatically improved over the years, the heat of the flames and the re-entry forces made the entire screen show a solid square. And, even though the entire group was less than half a kilometer apart, the radio wasn’t working either.

Finally, the flames cleared. Jeb took a breath as he saw the colony below. The entire colony was about the size of the KSC, and it looked to be busting with every day life. Jeb looked around, but didn’t see any targets. He hit the radio.

“Um, guys? Do you see anything?” The other pilots replied ‘No,’ as the group passed over the city. “They’re waving at us!” Haydi exclaimed as they turned around to do another pass. Sure enough, the population of the colony was looking up, shielding their eyes from the sun and waving at these strange new planes that were giving them an airshow. “You guys want to land?” Jeb asked as he began to slow down. “Jeb!” Haydi shouted at him, making Jeb jolt up.

“The bombers are due any minute!” Oh no… Jeb slammed the radio button down, and called out to the ISC, “TELL THE BOMBERS TO ABORT THE MISSION! REPEAT, ABORT THE BOMBERS!”

“We’ll see what we can do,” The control officer replied before the line cut off. “We have to find a way to get these guys to a shelter.” Jeb said, thinking over his options. “Haydi! Do you have Four with you?” Four was almost always with Haydi, favoring her over Jeb for whatever reason.

“Yeah, he’s right here,” Haydi responded, motioning to the back of the plane. “Do you think he could control the plane while I eject?” Haydi scoffed. “‘Um, yeah. Jeb, what in the name of Kerblord are you thinking?”

“Haydi, you’d think I’m crazy if I told you.” Jeb replied, readying the ejection lever. “I already think you’re crazy!” Haydi laughed, before Jeb said “Then there’s nothing to lose,” As he pulled the lever, shooting him up into the sky. Jeb smiled as the parachute deployed. I hope this was a good choice, he thought as the seat floated to the ground.

Chapter 8

On the Surface

Time: 10:40 Hours

Jeb slowly floated down to the planet, attempting to ignore how Kerblord dang hot it was. As he landed, General Jacob Kerman, who was leading the operation, began to shout in his ear. “GENERAL, AS THE MISSION COMMANDER, I HEREBY ORDER YOU TO GET BACK IN THE SKY AND GET OUT OF-“ the General screeched before Jeb cut him off.

“General, how long ago did you receive your rank?” He asked, which was followed by a silence. “About 2 years,” The Jacob muttered. “Exactly. That means I outrank you by- ooohhhh a little over 9 years. So How about this; You stay quiet before I have you court marshaled for interfering with an Officer’s duties. Capishe?” Jeb snapped, shutting off the communication.

“The gods have gifted us!” A voice called out from behind Jeb, making him jump about a foot into the air. Jeb spun around to see who had spoke. In front of him, stood a small group of 5 Evians, who were muttering amongst themselves.

“Excuse me?” Jeb asked, confused as could possibly be. “The great gods above have gifted us with this miracle!” A person about Haydi’s age repeated, stepping to the head of the group. He looked like Tacklok; A little bit smaller, but other than that, the same.

“What miracle?” Jeb asked, looking for the other pilots. “The miracle of the Kerbals coming down to our planet! For years, the stars and the messages from the great Kraken have told us that someday soon, members from the race known as ‘Kerbal’ would descend from the skies.” The Evian explained. What the heck is this nut talking about? Jeb thought as he heard scuffling from behind him.

“Hey! Let go of me!” Haydi shouted, making Jeb turn around. “Could you make the meet her go?” Jeb asked the apparent leader of the group, who went over to the Evian holding Haydi and the other pilots. He spoke to the guard, making the person grunt a reply and shake his head.

“He says that they have weapons.” The leader said to Jeb. “Haydi? Could you maybe throw the gun away?” Jeb asked a squirming Haydi. “Kinda hard to do that when you’re being held like this,” She replied, twisting around to get out of the grip. Jeb walked over to her and pulled the self-defense blaster out of her belt. The group gasped, and the guards began to approach Jeb. Jeb quickly put his hands up, and tossed the blaster towards the direction of the now landed planes.

“Jeb!” Haydi exclaimed, before being dropped to the ground with a ‘OOF!’ “Hey, watch it you oaf!” Haydi shouted, before helping Jeb get the other 3 pilot’s blasters the chucking them away.

“There, now we’re playing nice,” Jeb said, not wishing to anger anyone. Then, the leader laughed. “We’re not a primitive tribe,” He said, extending a hand. “My name is Espio. And I am the head of…. Hello, sir.” Espio was interrupted as someone walked up behind Jeb.

Jeb turned to see another Evian, this one looking really official. “Um… Hi.” Jeb waved, slowly backing up. My name is Sentra Eviano, Leader of this colony,” The person explained, motioning for them to come closer.

“Do you want to have some food? We have plenty here.” Sentra said. Jeb looked at Haydi, who shrugged. “Well, if you insist,” Jeb smiled. “Let’s eat.”

Time: 11:05 Hours

“This is really good,” Jeb said, biting into a piece of some meat. The entire group had been given a boatload of food, and so far it tasted good. Because of the lack of oxygen, the pilots had to hook up a respirator that went up to their noses. And, due to the extreme temperatures, they also had to wear ‘Cool Suits,’ which kept them at a livable temperature.

“So, how are you enjoying it here on Eve,” Sentra asked, eating his own food. “This place is really nice,” Jeb replied. Sentra smiled. “Thank you. This house has been in my family’s possession for the past 300 cycles.” 

“What’s a cycle?” Jeb wanted to know a lot more about the Evians. “It’s what you Kerbals would call a ‘year.’” Sentra replied, not really caring about the whole situation. “Interesting. Tell me, if you want,” Jeb nonchalantly pressed a button on his suit to record the conversation. “How exactly do you breathe here? I mean, there’s no oxygen here, yet you seem to breathe just like we do on Kerbin.” Sentra seemed to ponder this before replying “Well, our lungs are really high-powered. It allows us to breathe easily in an atmosphere with so little air. There’s not much oxygen here, but there’s still some.”

“How do you withstand the heat? I mean, Kerbals usually don’t live past about 130º, but your minimum temperature is at 180.” Jeb hoped and prayed that this could continue on without any hiccups. “Well, our skin is super hard. It keeps us from being fried to a crisp.” Whew, Jeb thought as he mentally wiped some sweat off his head.

“Do you know anything about the war?” Jeb was pretty confident that he wouldn’t be thrown out at this point. But, he was very wrong. The face of Sentra began to swell up in anger, and his eyes bugged out. “HOW DARE YOU BRING THE MENTION OF THE WAR TO US!” He screeched. Uh oh… Jeb began to scoot the seat back.

“WE HAVE BEEN A PEACEFUL COLONY FOR THE PAST 5 GENERATIONS! WE DO NOT TOLERATE THIS ACT OF OPEN AGGRESSION! GUARDS!” Jeb looked around, and saw 3 burly security people walking towards them. “Run!” Jeb commanded, before the entire group was grabbed. The guards carried them out to the entrance, and said “Don’t come back!” Before tossing them out into the dirt road.

“Jeb, you idiot!” Haydi said as she got up and dusted her suit off. “Well, I had to find out if they were friendly or not,” Jeb coughed as he too brushed off the dirt. “Well, they most certainly were not.” Haydi grimaced as they began walking towards the area that the planes were parked at. “Oh, I almost forgot.” Jeb looked down at his suit.

“This is Jebediah Kerman, signing off,” he smiled as he pressed the ‘Off’ button.

HELLO EVERYONE!!! So, I'm making a new ship for the story; the KE 'Predator'. It is based off of this beast, and it's going to be taken into orbit by a sleek super station. However, I may use the station for something else, and I need a name. So, I'm creating a new thread to name the ship. The name I choose will (Obviously) be the best name, and the person who named it might have a character named after them! So start naming :wink:.

Chapter 9

Going Home

Time: 18:00 Hours

Jeb sat back in his chair as the commander got the audio clip set up. As soon as the pilots got back, an emergency meeting was called, and personally, Jeb didn’t see the reasoning for this. “Could we hurry up and get this over with? I want to get home.” He kept on saying before a bunch of sour looks were directed at him by the other people in my room.

“Alright, so General Jebediah Kerman managed to get this clip while on the surface of Eve, in one of the colonies. I’ll turn it over to Jeb to explain more.” The commander sat down, giving Jeb the cue to start. “Alright, so when I ended up in the colony and realized that it was peaceful, I decided that I should let our scientists have some data about the people and the planet.”

The clip played, and Jeb sat down. The room laughed as they were thrown out of the building, as Jeb thought they would, and then, to his total humiliation, the ISC scientists (Which included Bill) came in and they replayed the clip.

“Well,” Bill gasped through his laughs after the clip finished. “Now we know that Jeb really stinks at negotiations.” Jeb’s face reddened like a sunburned tomato, and he walked back to his quarters.

Time: 07:00 Hours, 6 Months later

“Attention all personnel: Staff transport ship is arriving in 30 minutes. Staff transport in 30 minutes.” Jeb was jolted out of bed by the voice of the intercom. He groaned as he slugged out of bed, hating the ‘early’ mornings. He was really not a morning person.

He shrugged and shimmied into his standard uniform, before walking out to the arrival bay. Haydi arrived about 5 minutes later, before sitting down next to Jeb. “Hey,” She said as the other people that were allowed for return walked in the waiting area.

“Hi,” Jeb tapped his feet anxiously as the other crew chatted. “What are you looking forward to back on Kerbin?” Haydi followed Jeb in the foot tap, looking out at the bay. “Oh, probably the family. My son, Valentina, everything really.” Jeb sighed, smiling at Haydi. “I’m probably going to have to say the gravity.” Haydi admitted, looking up at the ceiling. “But we have gravity here on the station,” Jeb replied, confused at Haydi’s statement.

“I mean real gravity; Not this artificial junk.” Haydi explained. “Ah. Wait, what about your family?” Haydi put on a sour look. “My family hates me. When I was growing up, all they wanted me to be was a doctor or a pediatrician. When I told them about my choice to be a pilot, they just about had a heart attack.” Haydi grinned at the memory. “My dad, who was drinking some coffee at the time, spat it out immediately, and it spewed all over the table. Took about 6 months for the stains to come out.”

“Excuse me, Jebediah?” A small voice asked just as Jeb began to open his mouth. He turned to see a new young recruit, who had been on the reserve crew on the flight. “Yeah?” Jeb asked in a little bit of a sour tone. “Could I ask you a few questions?” Jeb was really not in the mood for this. “No. I’m sorry, but I just want to rest on the flight back.” The recruit looked disappointed. “But-“ He stammered, before the intercom cut him off.

“All personnel, Staff transport ship is in the bay. All staff cleared for release report to the arrival bay.” Jeb stood up, and prepared to take the walk into the CT-1, the newest ship cleared for inter-atmospheric crew transport. “Sorry, kid. Maybe later.” The recruit stood back as Haydi asked Jeb, “Who was the nobody?” The recruits face turned from sadness to anger as Jeb replied “No idea. Why would they even let someone like that on the station?”

“You will, Jeb,” The recruit whispered to himself as he walked towards the ships doors. “You will…”

Time: 07:45 Hours

As the ship pushed out of the bay, Jeb sat back in his seat. The pre-flight had been filled with a nervous pilot, a broken seatbelt, and a safety demonstration reminding them that should the plane experience turbulence, the seatbelts had a 0.1% chance of breaking. Just like home.

“Attention passengers, we are now leaving the International Space Center. Please keep your seatbelt buckled, your tray tables stowed, and your seats in the upright position as we prepare for throttle input and re-entry.” The pilot said as the crew looked out the windows in nervous anticipation. Jeb smiled at the crew and called out, “Just be warned, re-entry gets a tad rough.”

“And Jeb, no screaming like a girl on re-entry,” Gene said back at the KSC, which went through the entire planes intercom system. The crew laughed, and Jeb sulked in his seat.

“What’s this about the famous Jebediah screaming in the face of Kerbin?” Haydi grinned in her seat next to Jeb. “Shut up,” Jeb growled, making Haydi chuckle. 

The recruit that was on the station sat in the back, and rubbed his hands together. Hopefully, if everything went well, everyone would know the name Asepo Eviano.

It's the moooossst wonderful time... Of the yeeeearrr... MERRY KRISTMAS!!!

Chapter 10

Trouble

Time: 08:15 Hours

Jeb looked out the window as the ship began its de-orbit maneuver, and wondered what was awaiting him down on the blue and green marble known as Kerbin. The ship suddenly stopped, making everyone jolt back in their seats and a collective groan filled the cabin as everyone rubbed their head from the impact.

“Well that was fun,” Haydi said as she rubbed the back of her own head. Jeb smiled at her before turning back towards the window. He really didn’t know why, but he was feeling nervous about this. It’s just nerves, he thought as the ISC disappeared behind Kerbin. Get it together.

“Attention passengers, we will be re-entering in approximately 1 and a half minutes. T-120 seconds until re-entry.” The intercom crackled before a loud cheer arose from the cabin. “Hey, quiet!” Jeb called out as he tried to hear the rest of the message. “Please stay seated during the re-entry process as the rapid loss of speed will throw yo uno the front of the cabin. And remember, the radio waves from communications such as phones will be cut off during the process.” The captain reminded them.

“Here we go,” Jeb breathed as a green light that said ‘Atmospheric entry’ popped on at the front of the cabin. “Showtime.”

The first few thousand meters of the entry went well, as the crew slowly bent forwards due to the speed being bled off. Suddenly, the sides of the craft began to burst into flames, with fire and plasma shooting off the plane. The crew lurched forward, and Haydi screamed out “MY BELT!” Jeb turned to look at her to see her seatbelt was unfastened. He quickly shot his left arm out, and held her to the seat. “HANG ON!” He shouted, attempting to be heard over the massive rumbling outside.

And just as quick as it started, the fire outside ceased, and Haydi managed to buckle back up. “Thanks,” She panted as she fixed her hair as it had blown around in the chaos of re-fastening the buckle. “No problem.” Jeb replied as the pilot said over the intercom, “We are about 15 minutes from the KSC. KSC, 15 minutes out.”

Time: 08:45 Hours

As the passengers and crew disembarked from the plane, Jeb looked back at Haydi, who was shaking as she walked out. She was really shaken up, and Jeb completely understood. She walked over to him, and wrapped him up in a massive hug.

“Thank you,” She whispered. Jeb stood there for a moment, before saying “Don’t mention it.” Jeb sniffed, and he smelt something that seemed like cinnamon. What the hay? Jeb was really confused.

A sound cheering made the two break apart, and Jeb saw a tray of some sort of steaming cup of hot chocolate making it’s way through the group. A kerbal from the flight crew was walking through the group with a red hat on and shouting out “Merry Kristmas!” Kristmas already? Jeb wistfully thought as the chocolate came his way.

Decemburary was Jeb’s favorite time of year; The Kristmas celebrations, the gifts, the winter weather that grounded all of Gene’s test flights- This really was the most wonderful time of the year. Was it really that time again?

“Merry Kristmas!” The flight crew said as he walked up to Jeb and Haydi. “Cocoa?” Jeb took a cup. Haydi did the same, and said “Mmh, this si good!” Jeb sipped some of his drink. The distinct scent of cinnamon had been placed right in the drink, giving it a nice little added spice.

“Wow, this is delicious!” The wonderful taste of cinnamon and a little bit of cream made the drink taste like a little slice of heaven. Just as Jeb finished his cup, he heard the sounds of footsteps coming up behind him.

“Jeb,” Gene stomped up to him, looking downright furious. “Yeah?” Jeb turned as Gene exhaled, making his breath look like smoke. “Don’t ‘Yeah’ me, Jeb. My office, 5 minutes.”

“The heck was that about?” Haydi asked as Jeb shrugged. “No idea. We better get there, though.”

Time: 09:00 Hours

“Now, Jeb I’ve been happy, sad, scared, mad; But this is the first time in your career I’ve been disappointed in you,” Gene said as he paced around the room. Oh, come on. The disappointment card? Jeb thought as Haydi jumped to his defense.

“Mister Gene,” She started before Sammy, the leader of the NSKSA-and Haydi’s boss-cut in. “Quiet Haydi.” Haydi opened her mouth to reply, but closed it. 

“You disobeyed direct orders from the main headquarters, jeopardized the entire mission, risked your life and the lives of your comrades by ejecting, communicated with an unknown tribe, and scrapped the bombing run that not only cost over 500 thousand funds, but created a great headache for the people who were planning for about a 5-minute delay in the time the bombers should have been bombing instead of aborting.” Gene ranted, waving his hand every so often.

Jeb just sulked in his chair like a child being lectured by his parents, before springing to his feet and shouting “Well maybe, we should try to make peace with them before trying to blow them into oblivion!” The silence that followed was thicker than soup.

“Well, well, well. Look at this; Jebediah Kerman saying that we need to take the ‘Passive,’ approach to things,” Sammy remarked, before Gene cut him off. “Wait, let’s hear what he has to say.”

“Well I’m just saying, we could maybe negotiate with them. You know, the peaceful way.” Jeb explained, hoping that no one would state the obvious. “Jeb, they declared war on us,” Haydi said. “She’s got a point,” Gene replied, looking at Jeb.

“Well, even though they did start the war, wouldn’t it be nice to have some peace? I mean, yeah sure, I’m Jeb; Defender of the lands and maker of explosions, but I personally think that it’s time to stop taking these stupid risks that would wipe the Kerbals off the face of the world.” Jeb looked outside and saw some snow falling outside.

“Can I go now?” Jeb asked, seeing Valentina and Robert playing outside, throwing snowballs at the other pilots. Gene looked out the window and smiled. “Oh, alright. But juts remember; You’ve got that lecture to give and some new pilots to train.”

But that command fell on deaf ears, as Jeb streaked out the door, making it shudder as it bounced off the wall and closed itself. Jeb pounded down the hallway and slammed through the front door, only to skid across the sidewalk into some fresh snow. Jeb slowly got up and brushed himself off, only to be hit by a snowball in the face.

“Hey!” He exclaimed before hiding behind a snowbank to take cover. He chucked some snowballs over the bank before Val came over to help him. “Hi there,” she said before she tossed some snowballs at some engineers who were getting a tad close.

“Hey honey,” Jeb smiled as a couple of scientists got pegged. This really is the most wonderful time of the year.

• 4 weeks later...

I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!! So just yesterday, I finished the 11th chapter of the series. Enjoy!

Chapter 11

Wernher von Santa Klaus

Time: 09:00 Hours, 1 Week Later

Jeb sat down at the simulator, and prepared to jump into a combat sim. Just as he prepared to launch off, Jeb’s phone began to buzz. Jeb prepared to shrug it off, but then he saw it was from Wernher. What the heck? Wernher? Jeb picked up the phone.

“Hello?” Jeb waited for Wernher to start talking. “Hello Sheb,” Wernher said in his characteristic accent. “How eez your Kristmas going?” Jeb was still confused at what was happening. “Uh… Good; Yours?”

“Tell Jeb to get his little behind over here!” Jeb heard Bill hiss. “Ah, Vell eet is going very vell. Thanks for azking. Leesten, Beel and I had a leetle surprise for you back at ze KSC. Could you get here in avout 15 minutes?” Wernher asked as Jeb was momentarily stunned.

“Uhm. Sure. I’ll be there soon.” Jeb hung up and rushed out to put on his coat. “What’s up?” Valentina asked from the kitchen. “Wernher asked for me,” Jeb kissed her on the cheek before getting his gloves. “Wernher?!” She exclaimed.

“Yeah, well I guess desperate times call for desperate measures,” Jeb slipped out the door as Val called out, “Don’t blow yourself up!”

Jeb was still confused as he got in his truck. Why does Wernher want me back at the KSC? Jeb pondered this thought as he drove back to work.

Time: 09:30 Hours

Jeb stepped out of his truck and closed the door, breathing out steam as he looked around the center. The entire property was vacant, as people were at their homes enjoying Kristmas Eve. Jeb waved at Bill and crunched through some fresh snow towards him.

“What’s going on?” Jeb rubbed his gloves together to get some warmth as Bill led him to one of the R&D buildings. Bill opened a door, and Jeb walked into the obstacle course that all recruits had to go through before being accepted into the program.

“What’s this?” Jeb asked. Bill smiled, “The obstacle course V2. Just for veterans.” Jeb looked up at the first obstacle. “So I just go?” There’s no way, he thought as he looked up at the 10-foot tall ledge. “Yeah,” Bill chuckled. 

Jeb took a running start, and immediately bounced off the wall, causing Bill to laugh. Jeb hauled himself up and Bill laughed some more. “Well thanks for the impossible challenge, Bill. I think I’ll be going.”

“Wait, wait. That was just a test. Now I’ve got something to show you.” Bill smiled and led Jeb into one of the labs.  Wernher was in there, and he smiled and turned around. He was obviously hiding something, and Jeb wanted to know what was up.

“Alright, what’s up?” Jeb asked. “The brand-new Super-Suit!” Bill said as Wernher moved out of the way.

The suit, which was black with a whole lot of gear on the back and wrists, looked like a full body diving suit, but super streamlined and incredible. There was tons of gear on it, like a big button on the chest, a weapons belt, headgear, and a lot more goodies and treats.

“Whoah… What in the world do I do with this?” Jeb asked as he walked around the suit. “This is going to be your espionage gear for any missions it’s needed,” Bill said as he looked over notes. “Ze function uf zis zuit eez to basically make you ZuperKerbal,” Wernher said and Jeb tried to slip the suit on. The thing slid right on, and Jeb walked around. The weight of the suit, or at least what he thought the weight would be, was non-existent; Almost like wearing a jacket.

“This is awesome!” Jeb exclaimed. He pressed a button by his neck, and a face guard popped up, filling the screen with a Heads up Display. “Wow…” Jeb breathed. He pressed another button- This one on the helmet- and the lights on the suit popped to life. The HUD showed instructions for the suit.

Jeb pushed a tiny button on the wrist, and a grappling hook shot out of his wrist. “Sorry!” Jeb gave an awkward grin as Wernher had to dive out of the way. Jeb used the button to whip the hook back into place.

After about 25 minutes and multiple dives, scrapes, and bruises, Jeb finally learned the secrets of the suit. As far as he could tell, the suit had 2 small blasters, a hang-gliding suit, a grapple hook (On each wrist), and a mini-laser (On the top of the wrists). In other words, he was decked out with all the tech.

Jeb walked over to the obstacle course, and prepared for his run. He used the hook to jump over the first hurdle, and a couple of targets popped up over the ledge. Jeb dispatched them quickly, spinning the blasters in his hand like Klint Kerman; The famous western actor.

“Yeehaw!” He smiled as he continued on. The entire course went well, and Jeb finished the course within 5 minutes. When he got out the exit, Bill and Wernher were waiting for him. “Are you ready?” Bill asked. Huh? Jeb thought that the day was over!

“For what?” He asked. Bill chuckled as he said, “You’re going to fly.”

Time: 10:45 Hours

“There is absolutely NO WAY I am going to do this!” Jeb tried to keep the hysteria out of his voice. Bill sighed, “For the hundredth time; This test has been done 100 times, and then 100 times again! We’re just testing this to see how you like the flight!” Jeb shook his head no.

“Alright, Wernher! He’s not wanting to go.” Bill called to the front. Thank goodness, Jeb thought as he stood in the middle. Just as he began to relax, a the doors at the top of the cargo bay began to open. WTH? Bill smiled as the wind began to whip through the bay. “ADIOS!!!” He shouted and punched the center button on Jeb’s chest, which made the suit turn into the flight mode.

“BILL!!!” Jeb shouted out as he was thrown out the rear of the bay, making him go straight into flight. He fumbled around for a bit, before he spread his ‘wings’ out and began to zoom through the air.

Then, as he began to pass the plane, the HUD Showed Valentina’s picture, and a ringtone came over the radio. This is hooked up to my phone? Jeb thought as the call was accepted.

“Hey, Val,” Jeb tried to sound upbeat as he hit sub-sonic. “Hi honey. How’s it going?” Val’s voice asked through the radio system. “Um… It’s going good,” Jeb stammered as he passed the underside of the Mallard Jet.

“Why’s it so loud?!” Val half-shouted, attempting to be heard over the engines. “Um.. Bill and Wernher are testing an engine!” Jeb smiled as he thought of this wonderful lie.

“Are- ARE YOU FLYING?” Val screeched, making Jebs face fall faster than a plane with no wings. “No! I’ve got to go; see you later.” Jeb rushed. “Jeb! Don’t you-“ Valentina said before the call was ended.

And with snow beginning to fall and the jet preparing its landing, Jeb glided down into a nice snowbank for a peaceful landing.

2-in-1 Chapter day!!!!!! So I realized 3 things as I was working on Chapter 13;

1) I had Chapter 12 ready.

2) It's been a long time since I did one of these.

3) Chapter 13 was getting to be too long (Over 5-ish pages and I wasn't near done with the typing) So I just split it into 2 chapters.

Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 12

Peace?

Time: 08:00 Hours, 1 Week later

Officials from all over the world murmured amongst themselves as Sandra stood up at the front. She called for attention before beginning the meeting. This was probably the most important UNK meeting ever.

“Attention. Attention!” She slammed the gavel down repeatedly down to start the meeting. As the representatives stopped talking, Sandra calmly breathed. Showtime. She thought. You are completely Zen.

“So you all know why we’re here. Jebediah Kerman of the National States of Kerbin has officially asked for a peace council.” Jeb seemed to sink down in his chair as almost every pair of eyes seemed to be directed at his booth.

“Now, we will ask the NSK Representative to explain their reasoning for this.” Jeb slowly got up and went to the microphone. Calm down, he thought to himself. You have dealt with literal monsters; You can deal with a few senators.

“Hello everyone, I hope you had a good holiday season,” Jeb gave a weak grin which was not returned. Jeb cleared his throat before carrying on. “As you know, we have yet to attack the Evians. Yet, they have attacked us, killing multiple civilians.” Jeb motioned to the Agonarch bench.

“And, to be honest, I don’t see anything changing for the near future. If we continue at this rate, our mathematicians have estimated that this war is going to go on for at least 20 to 30 more years, though some say it go into the range of 50. Now, I don’t know about you, but I love my kid; He’s about 10, yay high,” Jeb pointed down to his hip area. “And he’s just incredible to be around. But if this 20-50 year war is going to happen, he’s going to be thrust into the armed forces and probably hurt or killed. Now I don’t want that to happen, and if you have kids you probably don’t want that either.

That’s why I want to negotiate a peace treaty with the Evians immediately to make an attempt at an end to the war.” Jeb finished, before sitting down at his seat.

The whole room seemed stunned before a couple of people clapped. Those couple of claps seemed to set off a trigger, and within a second, the entire room was applauding.

“A very wonderful speech, Jeb.” Sandra seemed on the verge of tears before activating the voting system. Almost instantaneously, the entire room voted for ‘yes,’ making even Jeb recoil in surprise.

Sandra seemed stunned at the results as well, before saying, “Alright, our communications board will get on the transmissions immediately. Meeting adjourned,” She said as everyone filed out.

Chapter 13

The Defensive

Time: 12:00 Hours

Jeb, still elated from the results of the meeting, landed his helicopter on the VAB helipad. As he stepped out of the cockpit, Valentina almost tackled him in a massive hug. “Help. Ribs. Cracking… Vision. Fading..” Jeb breathed.

“You did amazing! We saw the meeting on the TV, and you killed it out there,” Val grinned. “And you’re killing me,” Jeb gasped as Val released him. Jeb gave Val an equally huge hug before Gene clambered to the top of the pad as well.

“Jeb,” Gene’s voice made Jeb frown as he turned towards him. “Yeah?” Jeb asked as he walked over to him. “We’ve got a big problem.”

Time: 12:15 Hours

“Okay, enough with the mystery. What the heck is going on?” Jeb exclaimed as Gene led him to an underground bunker. “We had some radar contacts during the holidays. We think that the Evians have launched a naval assault on us,” Gene said as he pulled up a slideshow on his laptop.

The pictures began to show, and Jeb immediately understood Gene’s thinking as to an invasion. From what he could see, at least 5 submarine-like ships were floating down to the water, but that wasn’t what worried Jeb. Behind the submarines, what looked to be Destroyers and Battleships were going down as well.

“Oh my…” Val seemed stunned as she looked at the photos. “Have we scrambled the navy yet?” Jeb asked, mentally calculating the odds of victory. “As we speak, an aircraft carrier, 20 destroyers, 11 battleships, 3 Cruisers, and 3 subs are creating a blockade around the Sea’s coast,” Gene replied, thinking along the same lines as Jeb.

“What’s the aircraft carrier’s name?” Jeb grabbed a notepad and began feverishly writing. “The KMS Stonewall.” Gene replied, checking the ship’s stats. “Room for at least 8 light planes, 5 medium planes, and 2 large fighters. Equipped mainly for VTOL flights.” Jeb put the pencil into his pocket, and began to walk towards the door.

“What are you doing?!” Valentina asked as Jeb began to run. “To battle!” He said as he rushed to the hangar.

Time: 13:30 Hours

Jeb looked out of the binoculars before putting them down for the hundredth time. Still no luck. Even though the engines were pumping at max speed, the fact remained that an aircraft carrier isn’t fast. At all.

Jeb was startled out of his thoughts when the Scouting Deck phone rang. He ran over to it and answered, “KMS Stonewall; General Jebediah Kerman speaking.”

“Hi, Jeb,” Sandra’s voice sounded extremely embarrassed, and Jeb didn’t blame her. “‘We’ll get on the peace talks,’ huh? If that’s true, explain why I’m on an aircraft carrier preparing for battle instead of relaxing on a beach popping fireworks and celebrating an end to the war?” Jeb asked in a very testy tone.

“Jeb, we tried! Honestly, we begged them; we offered them money, tech, anything we could! But they flat-out refused.” Sandra explained in a pleading tone.

“Alright. I forgive you guys. I guess it was inevitable anyways,” Jeb sighed as he sat down on a deck chair. “Any other ground-breaking news I should know about?” Jeb asked before the ships alert siren went off. “Oh- Hold that thought. Battle awaits.” Jeb said before he hung up.

“All units, prepare for combat. Enemy radar contacts 30km out. Pilots, scramble. Good luck.” The captain called out over the intercom. Jeb leaped up onto the railing and slid down a rope, looking just like a pirate in one of those old movies.

Jeb, not waiting for applause, ran over the fighter jet and began the warmup procedure. As the pilots began to lift up off the deck, a group of K-1’s shot overhead in perfect formation. Huh? Jeb thought that they were the only pilots that were supposed to attack the enemy.

“Hey, hey! What’s going on here Gene?” Jeb radioed back to Mission Control where Gene  was monitoring everything. “Listen, we came up with an idea here. The K-1’s are going to engage the enemy radar contacts. You guys in the K-35’s are going to start the naval attack and then we’ll send in a few KN-1’s  to wreck the rest of them.” Gene said as he mentally grabbed a bowl of popkorn for the fireworks.

“KN-1?!?!?!?” Jeb demanded.  “Those things are ancient! They were ancient when I was training; And that’s been forever ago!” Gene smiled as he remembered Jeb’s first bomber run in the old craft. It had taken forever to get the water out of the suit and the cockpit.

“Sorry; The KN-2. We just designed it and this is it’s first run.” Jeb could hardly believe his ears. “Wait, you’re not only designing planes behind my back, but you’re also sending a plane that’s never flown into combat in one of the most crucial battles of our lives?” Jeb was dumb-struck. “Yep, that pretty much sums it up,” Gene said with a false cheer in his voice.

“Okay,” Jeb sighed as the planes went into horizontal flight. “I guess I’ll have to trust you on this one…” Just as he finished saying that, though, an alert popped up on his screen; The enemy fighters were less than 15 km away, and the K-1’s were about to engage.

“Alright crew, you know what to do. Aim the missiles at the AAA, and use guns to finish off the rest,” Jeb said as the first combat began. “It’s showtime.”

Holy bajeazuz this is probably the longest chapter I have EVER done. I totaled up the total word count in Chapter 14 to be about 2.7 THOUSAND words, making the total story count to be at 14, 548 total words! I just want to thank you guys to helping me here on this incredible journey, and as always, Enjoy!

Chapter 14

The Battle

Time: 13:40 Hours

Jeb’s crew streaked towards the enemy ships, busting through the sound barrier with incredible force. “Watch it!” Jeb shouted as he weaved in between fighters engaging each other. A massive explosion in front of him caused Jeb to spin the plane inverted and dive down below, narrowly missing the burning fuselage of an enemy fighter.

Jeb’s trouble’s weren’t over yet, though. Just as he began to turn to get back up, he noticed that the sea was way too close. He yanked up on the control stick and even engaged the VTOL engine. After much worries, Jeb managed to get back up to the squad, but his plane was soaked from skimming along the surface of the water.

“Alright guys, focus on those turrets!” Even though these were the best pilots in the program, Jeb still felt he had to keep them on task.

“Flak is warming up,” One of the pilots noticed before Jeb armed the weapon systems. “It’ll be fine; We’ll have dropped our payload and begun the strafing runs before they get a shot off,” Jeb said confidently.

As they neared 3 km, the planes dropped their weapons; Maverick missiles that were locked on to the front bow of the enemy ships. Many of them hit their targets, causing one light destroyer to fold in on itself, spewing fire, smoke, and water as it’s deck crushed the interior areas. Oh please hit the ammo boxes, Jeb prayed as he watched the scene from his camera. 

Sure enough, the front end of the deck finally hit something, and the ship was annihilated, with pieces shooting out in every which way, and a small cloud rising.

“One down,” Jeb grinned as he looked over the blockade. “44 more to go…”

Time: 13:50 Hours

Bill recoiled as the explosion shattered the somewhat still air. What did Jeb do?! He thought as the mini-mushroom cloud slowly rose. “Sir, our ships are in Stand-off range. What are your orders?” Admiral Greg Kerman asked as he gave a salute.

“Halt the ships. Arm the weapons and turn 25 degrees to port. That way we’ll be able to utilize all our firepower.” Bill said without turning away from the destruction. The admiral walked away to deliver the instructions to both the bridge as well as the other ships in the armada.

As the ship began to turn, Bill remembered his first naval battle. It was a very long time ago; Longer than most people on this ship were old. He had been drafted into the Navy, and due to a massive amount of work and training, he had managed to get to command the NSS Illustrious, a beautiful destroyer with firepower and armor to put it’s predecessors to shame.

The battle was the National Army against the People’s Republic of the National States- A rebellion that almost succeeded. The battle was a fierce one, with heavy losses on both sides. After almost an hour of fierce combat, shots, and the occasional explosion, the National Navy managed to push the PRNS ships back to their port.

Bill was jolted out of his daydream when the ship gave a lurch, meaning they had stopped. Here goes nothing, Bill thought as he phoned the bridge. “Take aim at the ships. Try to target the front side armor. Don’t fire, but aim everything we’ve got at them.” He hung up the phone with a click and prepared to watch as all the ships would take aim.

With a soft clanking noise, the heavy tank turrets atop the deck turned to take aim at the head ship. Bill saw the K-35’s zoom overhead, obviously having completed their task of destroying the anti-aircraft guns. Bill turned to look back at the planes shoot towards the aircraft carrier, but just as he finished, the phone rang.

“Sir, guns are locked and in position. Sonar is confirming that the enemy subs are holding station. Requesting further orders?” Greg asked from the bridge. “Hold fire. Once the KN’s fly over you are weapons free.” Bill hoped that this would be organized enough to work. “Aye aye, Captain,” Greg said before hanging up.

Just as Bill put the phone away, he heard a low rumbling noise behind him. When he turned, he saw at least 15 KN-2’s all in perfect formation. They’re a little low… Bill thought as the planes zoomed towards the battlefield. Are they going to pull up?

The planes blasted above the aircraft carrier, and pulled up hard, shooting to a 1.5km altitude. The ships all took the cue, and the air was suddenly filled with a barrage of bullets and the sounds of cannon fire as the ships fired on their targets with almost direct accuracy. The first barrage of rounds hit the ships, causing some of the weaker ones to belch out smoke.

Bill smiled as he thought about how the Evians “Superior Technology” was taking the hits. Just as he was about to phone in to the bridge to order an advance, the ship lurched to life, starting to move forwards. Well, that worked, Bill thought as the gunners began to use the side turrets to deal out more damage.

The bombers were doing their own jobs too, taking aim at areas damaged by both the K-35’s and the ships. They dropped their bomb-loads, and circled around to use both their rocket pods and their turrets. At least 3 enemy ships were destroyed or disabled; 2 ships from the planes and one lucky shot that penetrated the engine mount from the ships.

This is going good, Bill thought before another round of blasts shook the deck as the guns fired. Bill wobbled and almost fell down, but when he got up, 4 ships were hit and sunk down. One ship, with a massive hole in it’s front, began to go down on it’s nose before it snapped in half; The rear splashing down to the ground, while the front sunk. Two others capsized, tilting on their sides and eventually filling with water. But Bill watched the fourth one, as it had been split clean in two, both halves sinking to the bottom of the sea.

“BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!” Bill almost jumped 5 feet in the air when Greg’s panicked voice rang out through the ships main intercom. He turned, and saw the enemy’s guns aimed at their direction. Oh no… He thought as he hit the ground.

The sound of a far-off shot reached Bills ears, and he covered his head, preparing for the worst. He felt a whoosh go over his head, before very close explosions rocked the ship. Bill turned his head to see a destroyer go down; spewing seawater, and oil, along with flames that Bill could feel from 25 meters away.

The phone rang, and Bill rushed over to answer, “KMS Kerbal Down; Call the Coast Guard but tell them to wait until after the battle’s over. Throw out the live-preservers but don’t slow down.” Bill commanded before hanging up without waiting for an answer.

The guns finally loaded back up, and this time over six ships were sunk by the barrage, while a couple of bombers found a hole in the armor, sinking 2 more ships. With this latest hit, Bill could definitely feel the tide of the battle going in the hands of the Kerbals. His hope was dashed, though, as the HMS National, a cruiser with 4 times as much fire-power as the destroyers, was hit by at least 5 direct blasts; Blowing off the entire front nose, the front two turrets, and submerging the bow. If it didn’t sink, it was definitely immobilized.

“KSS National down, same procedure; Instruct the USS International to deploy preservers.” Bill called down to the bridge again, before watching the battle continue to unfold. The Kerbal had one last hurrah, though, as it fired it’s AAA missiles into the air. Bill thought it was to lose the extra weight and maybe pop back up, but the missiles turned towards the enemy ships.

All 6 of the missies as well as 2 shots from the ships cannon hit an enemy cruiser, making it sink with a horrible screeching sound as the metal bent. Bill looked back at the ship, but by now it had succumbed to it’s fate, with just the stern of the ship above water.

Just as Bill was about to order a charge, he saw bright flashes of orange light illuminate the water below. When he looked, he realized that the subs were going head-to-head. Apparently, the friendly ships had made at least one hit, as an enemy sub popped to the surface; Water and debris flowing out of multiple large-sized holes.

Moving on, Bill thought as he moved towards the phone. He ordered the charge, and then moved down to the bridge to protect himself from the hail of bullets that were to follow. He looked out the main window, and prepared for the battle to really begin.

After about 3 more rounds of back and forth firing, the ships were finally into close-combat range. Because all the ships were in such a close formation-Both friendly and enemy alike-None of the ships used their main cannons in fear of hitting their own ships. “FIRE AT WILL!” Bill shouted as the first few bullets began to ricochet off the armor of multiple ships.

Hundreds of turrets began to fire, filling the air with bullets, smoke, explosions, and a noise that sounded like a freight train barreling past. Gunners also fired missile pods at the front, hitting ships with pin-point accuracy that sunk 3 ships.

After what felt like hours (The total time was around 30 minutes according to the clock), all of the enemy ships were sunk, or disabled, including a daring raid on a ship by the crew of the EMS Swift, in which the crew jumped onto an enemy ship and took it over-Pirate Style.

“Intercepter II to KSC, come in KSC.” Bill radioed in. Yes, the ship was named after the once-famous battleship that had fought in the First Great War, but had since been retired from service. In fact, all of the ships that were in the First Great War had been in the battle; New ships, old names. There was a cruiser called the KMS Jeb-a ship that was sunk in battle-An aircraft carrier named the EEMS Rock Launcher- Which was also destroyed in the war by the Allied forces- a Destroyers named the KMS Bill; His favorite; and the KMS Kerbal, both of which were sunk in battle.

“Copy that Interceptor II, we read you loud and clear. Battle report?” Gene replied from back at base. “We lost an estimated 5 ships total, while the enemy had 30 destroyed, 7 severely damaged, 7 immobilized and one captured.” Bill said as he looked over his data sheet.

“Captured?” Gene was confused. “Well… Some Eastern Empire troops stormed a ship and took it over,” Bill admitted. “Um… Okay then.” Gene was momentarily dumb-struck before regaining his composure. “Any other items to add to the report?”

“Well we lost the National, Kerbal, International, Dolphin, and Reliant. The Illustrious and the Bill took major damage, Jeb and Port-View took moderate damage, while pretty much all the rest took minor or minimal damage.” Bill reported as he looked back on the battlefield. “Estimated loss of life?”

“Estimated Casualties number in about the 100 to 125 range. About 55 killed or missing, 60 or so injured, and none captured.” Bill inwardly groaned at all the paperwork he was going to have to do once he got back.

“Okay. You can now dismiss the ships; Head to the Island Port- There’s going to be a plane to take you back to the KSC.” Gene cut off the transmission before Bill could acknowledge.

As Bill gave the command, a low rumbling noise made him worry. But his worry was wrongly-placed, as a group of fighters flew overhead, rolling over in a salute to the officers and soldiers that had defended the sea so valiantly. Bill smiled, waved his hand out the window, and began the voyage home.

(Okay, so you eagle eyed viewers might notice that no, it's not 2.7k words. It's actually 2066 words... I OVER ESTIMATED!!!!! (Please don't kill me...))

Okay guys, I just want you guys to know something.

I personally feel that this is a dead thread. No one besides me has replied on this since November 23rd, 2016. Personally, I want to keep on doing this, but I Don't want to keep on writing this if no one's going to look at it. I am obviously going to keep on writing this, but if things continue like this, don't expect a further story. I apologize for this, but I feel that if things don't change for the better, I'm just going to stop.

Sorry,

Darkowl

On 1/6/2017 at 11:15 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

Okay guys, I just want you guys to know something.

I personally feel that this is a dead thread. No one besides me has replied on this since November 23rd, 2016. Personally, I want to keep on doing this, but I Don't want to keep on writing this if no one's going to look at it. I am obviously going to keep on writing this, but if things continue like this, don't expect a further story. I apologize for this, but I feel that if things don't change for the better, I'm just going to stop.

Sorry,

Darkowl

I'm sorry. i really do like the story. It is quite unique. i'm very happy that the story sped up so much in the last chapter. I would like pictures, but I understand that it would be hard. I'm excited for Civil War! Hey, wait, Jeb just got an Iron man suit. does this mean what I think it means? if so, i have one thing to say: uh-oh.

2 minutes ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

I'm excited for Civil War! Hey, wait, Jeb just got an Iron man suit. does this mean what I think it means? if so, i have one thing to say: uh-oh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! No; there is no Kaptain America that's going to make an appearance; No need to call your nearest bomb-shelter provider :wink:

I will give you guys a hint though: It is in the past; The FAR past :wink:

9 minutes ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

I would like pictures, but I understand that it would be hard

Who says that Civil War won't have pictures? Never judge a sequel by the original :wink:

10 minutes ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

i really do like the story. It is quite unique.

I try :wink:

11 minutes ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

i'm very happy that the story sped up so much in the last chapter

Yeah; I've already typed up Chapter 19... he he... OH GOD I HAVEN'T POSTED!!!!! RED ALERT!!! ALL SOLDIERS TO YOUR POSITIONS!!! WE HAVE A CLASS 1 DUMB-A OFF THE PORT!!!!!

So, I FINALLY got to the chapter where the Naming Contest was decided. Thank you guys, who participated, and as always, Enjoy the chapter :wink:

Chapter 15

Predator and Prey

Time: 08:00 Hours, 2 Days Later

Jeb sat at the Officers lounge, watching the news while siping a cup of koffee. “Today the Coast Guard announced that they have rescued over 90% of the stranded crew members from the KSS National, which was sunk in battle earlier this week. Crews expect to rescue the remaining 25 crew within the next 2 days,” A newscaster said from who knows where.

“A ceremony will be held for the promotion of Admiral Johnsy Kerman.” Jeb looked up in surprise; Nobody had mentioned a promotion recently. “He will be moved from his command of the 5th Destroyer Division to Captain of the First Kerbin Battle-Cruiser division. He will oversee the both day-to-day operations as well as large-scale operations that the division will go through. The first Battle-Cruiser, the USC Dauntless, will launch later this year.” Jeb was stunned. When had they created a Battle-Cruiser? Jeb walked out of the room on a mission, leaving on the news which continued on about a Kat Ballet.

Time: 08:10 Hours

Jeb calmly walked into the Administration Building, before stopping in front of Gene’s office. “So, as you can see,” Gene said. “This plane is going to definitely strike at the heart of the enemy.” Then, a new voice piped up. “Yes, I really feel like this plane can do it. Especially when it’s got the ‘Prey’ carrying it… No contest.” Jeb opened the door and walked in. 

“Gene, wha-“ Jeb started before seeing a diagram of a strange looking plane. Gene immediately covered the paper, but Jeb pressed on. “What was that?” Gene stammered, “Um-uh.. Nothing. Just a… Old fighter! Yeah; It was a discontinued program.” Jeb wasn’t fooled, but he played along. “Alright. So, I have 2 questions; 1. Why wasn’t I alerted that there’s a promotion going on? And 2. Who’s this guy?” He pointed to his right at a kerbal in a very official-looking suit.

“Um.. What promotion?” Gene’s face went a little red, before the suit person cut in. “I am Max Kerman; Head designer and CEO of Creative Enterprises. I have designed the KE “Predator,’ which, according to Gene, is going to go into elite combat soon.” He said. Jeb gave a victorious smile. “‘Discontinued Program,’ huh?” he asked.

“Okay, okay. It’s a new fighter, and it’s going into combat as soon as the tests are finished.” Jeb opened his mouth to speak, but Gene carried on, “Yes, we have been developing this behind your back, No, you may not fly it, and This info may not leave this room-Do I make myself clear?” Jeb nodded, before asking, “Now, about that promotion news.”

“The Battle-cruiser program is going to create a large-scale blockade around the atmosphere of Kerbin, and it will hopefully prevent attacks like the one that the AI suffered last year.” Gene replied before dismissing Jeb. Well that was fast, Jeb thought as he walked outside. Now, how should I dress for a promotion?

Chapter 16

The Superweapon

Time: 12:00 Hours, 3 Weeks later

Tacloi smiled as he watched the first Superweapon leave the build-site. This ship; Not small by any means, would strike directly at the heart of this foolish “Battle-Cruiser” program that the Kerbals had worked so hard on. The past few attempts at an invasion were pathetic; The worst humiliation was having their own ship captured in combat. No matter, he thought as the crews prepared for launch. Those black spots shall promptly be removed.

“Sir, the station’s crew are all on. Estimated time until launch approximately 5 minutes.” A young ensign said to Tacloi. “Good. Prepare the launch system and do a safe-weapons test,” He said, before being swarmed by local media. “What is this weapon going to do?” One reporter asked. “The ‘Superweapon’ is our first real bit of true technology that we can confidently state its’ true potential and might. With this great weapon ready and in our arsenal, I feel that we can just coast to victory.” He smiled, before the immense rocket fired up, and shot into the sky.

Chapter 17

The C-8 Superstation

Time: 10:00 Hours, 2 Days later

And a very similar ceremony was going on down on the surface of Kerbin. The brand-spanking-new Superstation- The C-8- Was not scheduled for launch until mid-Kuly. But due to the launch of the Evians “Superweapon,” The date was thrust forward half a year.

“Please don’t explode; PLEASE don’t explode!” Jeb kept on whispering as the countdown timer slowly ticked down. “Jeb! Jebediah Kerman! Can we get an interview?” A reporter asked Jeb as he sat in the Mission Control complex. “Sure,” He said, patting the seat next to him.

“What are your thoughts on not being on the crew of this ship?” The reporter asked, getting straight to the topic. “Well, to be honest, I really don’t want to be up there. I think that maybe, if I do go up there, it’s going to be if there is a huge problem, and they absolutely 100% need me.”

Gene walked into the room, and saw Jeb avidly talking to the reporter. “Jeb! You’re going to miss the launch!” He barked, looking out the window. Jeb followed, seeing the countdown timer go to 05 seconds.

The rockets fired up, struggling against the power of all the engines.and the clamps. The restraints released; making the craft float into the air; all 10 rockets working at maximum power. Jeb turned away, looking at Gene. “Anything you need?” He asked.

“Nope; you’re all clear,” Gene smiled as he looked over his schedule. “In fact, according to this, you have nothing going on for…” Gene looked through the calendar. “2 weeks?!? Who made this?!” Genes eyes grew in shock. Even after rubbing his eyes, turning the calendar around, and even counting the days on his fingers, the fact still remained; Jeb was getting a vacation.

“YEAHOO!” Jeb shouted as he leapt up into the air in pure glee. Gene scratched his head in wonder and confusion, but Jeb had already rushed out of the room, ready for the vacation to start.

“Sir, C-8’s preparing its circularization burn,” The head flight technician said. “Oh of course!” Gene said as he took his seat, ready to direct the first ever orbital super-station.

Now, with the stations both in orbit, I think it's time they meet each other. Make sure to like, comment and subscribe As always, enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 18

Clash of the Titans

Time: 15:00 Hours, 5 Days later

Andreas sat calmly in the captains seat, enjoying the many commodities of the C-8. So far, he had found a drinks bar, a small swimming pool, and a casino, where he had lost a few more funds than he would care to admit. As he was reflecting on his experience, a large radar contact registered on the map. He activated the ship’s forward camera, and looked in the general direction of the contact. 

He saw a large tubular object; Smaller than the C-8 but with more weapons. As he continued to zoom in, he saw a blood-chilling sight; The Evian International Banner. Andreas quickly slammed down the intercom system.

“ATTENTION ALL UNITS! ENEMY CONTACT SPOTTED! PILOTS AND GUNNERS MOVE TO YOUR POSITIONS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!” A loud klaxon alarm sounded throughout the ship, and red emergency lights flashed all throughout the station. The pilots all know what to do of course; As soon as they were in engagement range- 2 km- they would launch off and engage any other enemy craft.

“Admiral Steve Kerman reporting in to the Bridge,” A curt voice said behind Andreas. He turned to see Steve, who had just recently been signed on to the ship, saluting. “Good. I want you to contact the ISI Kerbin and let them know of the situation. Get an ETA for them immediately.” Andreas looked out at the enemy ship and prepared for battle.

“I can’t do that, Sir.” Steve remained at attention. “Excuse me? Why can you not contact the Kerbin?” Andreas turned, giving Steve a death glare. “They’re already here.”

Time: 15:05 Hours

“Arm the weapons and prepare for a heavy fight. They aren’t going to give up easily; Especially since they’ve brought the heavy artillery,” Johnsy Kerman said from his pilot seat on the IMI Kerbin. This ship- The “Superweapon”- was really decked out. It had a massive laser thing at the front, and multiple turrets on the sides. A ship like this wasn’t going to go down easily.

“Look at that! The cavalry’s arrived!” Andreas said through the radio. Johnsy picked up the radio. “Yup, the cavalry’s arrived. I’ve sent an emergency order, but the closest ship has an ETA of 2 hours. We’re on our own for this one.”

“Great. So.. are we going to attack? We’re too far away for guns or missiles, but if we slowly advanced..” After 5 minutes of planning, the two finally agreed that the C-8 would begin the attack.

With all lights turned off and minimum thrust being used, the C-8 was finally within attack range. “Aim,” Andreas whispered over the intercom, not wanting to be heard. With a faint whir, all 10 of the M1 turrets took aim at the hostile ship.

“FIRE!!!” He then said. Let the Battle of the Titans… Begin.

Time: 15:15 Hours

The first volley scattered everywhere; with only 2 shots hitting the craft. However, those two were probably the most important, as they blew off the main engine. “Ship is disabled; Moving in for the attack,” Johnsy said as they advanced. Just as they began to move though, the turrets on the enemy began to turn; Straight for the ISI!

“FIRE AT WILL!” The captains shouted at the same time, sending a stream of bullets flying at the enemy. The massive laser at the front warmed up, and fired straight at the Kerbin, sending the friendly ship reeling back into multiple flips.

“C-8 to ISI Kerbin, do you copy?” Don’t let them be dead..
    “We read you loud and clear. We’ve been disabled; The engines were just fried. We’ll need a transport plane to get everyone off of the ship.” So that’s one down.

“Roger that. We’ll call it in to the KSC as soon as this is over.” The battle continued on, though, with a lot more bullets being directed now.

The two ships; Both large, graceful, and titans in their own rights, were refusing to budge an inch, not relenting. The reason the C8 wasn’t crippled yet was that in the 3rd volley of shots, it had blown the laser clean off, sending it spiraling towards the cold dark void of outer space.

After almost 30 minutes of non-stop fire, the Superweapon was torn in two. The ship’s pieces twirled around, with both of them quickly falling towards the fiery embrace of Kerbin’s atmosphere.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:47 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

The battle was the National Army against the People’s Republic of the National States- A rebellion that almost succeeded. The battle was a fierce one, with heavy losses on both sides. After almost an hour of fierce combat, shots, and the occasional explosion, the National Navy managed to push the PRNS ships back to their port.

And lo and behold, I ended up foreshadowing Civil War.... GAH!