[1.12.x] Dang It! Continued

linuxgurugamer

Hello, I have encountered bug when using Snacks and Dang It together. Containers from Snacks mod start to leak almost immediately. I have found that it was known issue, but supposedly resolved by MM patch. Despite having latest versions of both Dang It and Snacks I keep having this bug.

And of course thank you for your work on this mod and many others!

Is it possible to make a MM script to make SpareParts default to zero?  I've got a career mode with a very long time before EVA is even possible.  There are spare parts in a surprising number of places, and it's just a bit tedious and easy to forget.  I have scripts to set all my other defaults the way I like them (though I'm not enough of a coder to have written them myself...)

1 hour ago, fourfa said:

Is it possible to make a MM script to make SpareParts default to zero?  I've got a career mode with a very long time before EVA is even possible.  There are spare parts in a surprising number of places, and it's just a bit tedious and easy to forget.  I have scripts to set all my other defaults the way I like them (though I'm not enough of a coder to have written them myself...)

it simple

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[SpareParts]]:FINAL{
   @RESOURCE[SpareParts]{      
      %amount = 0      
   }
}

Hi,

I've been using DangIt for quite a few years now, but have hit an odd problem with the latest version that I'm trying to use in my new career save. DangIt appears to be functionally normally, except that there is no UI at all. The Career mode customization options are working (when you start a career) and every ship gets spareparts. I've even had failures too, which is when I noticed the in-game UI is entirely missing. I can't customize alarm settings on the space center screen and in-flight I don't have any DangIt buttons available in the "AppLauncher" (I was looking for it to disable the alarm after a failure). The options for inspection and repair on the craft appear normally when a Kerbal EVAs. I've tried restarting new sandbox games and can still reproduce the problem.

I can reproduce this with just KSP, DangIt, ModuleManager and CommunityResourcePack. I downloaded it from ckan, and have tried deleting it (including the PluginData folder left behind) and reinstalling it, as well as trying a manual download from spacedock.

Here is a copy of my ksp.log in which there does appear to be some exceptions related to DangIt (Spacedock version): https://www.dropbox.com/s/racrtswne41tm4t/KSP.log?dl=0

Here is a copy with the full modset, but no exceptions for DangIt (CKAN version) that I noticed in a brief scan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvuw5mfvno76olz/KSP-2.log?dl=0

Here is a ksp.log with CKAN version of DangIt, without any other mods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmpamokczn07e3y/KSP-3.log?dl=0

Unless there is a hidden cache somewhere that I need to clear, I'm at a loss on what else I can try?

Thanks

Edited by Fourjays
Added third log file and more info.

5 hours ago, Fourjays said:

Hi,

I've been using DangIt for quite a few years now, but have hit an odd problem with the latest version that I'm trying to use in my new career save. DangIt appears to be functionally normally, except that there is no UI at all. The Career mode customization options are working (when you start a career) and every ship gets spareparts. I've even had failures too, which is when I noticed the in-game UI is entirely missing. I can't customize alarm settings on the space center screen and in-flight I don't have any DangIt buttons available in the "AppLauncher" (I was looking for it to disable the alarm after a failure). The options for inspection and repair on the craft appear normally when a Kerbal EVAs. I've tried restarting new sandbox games and can still reproduce the problem.

I can reproduce this with just KSP, DangIt, ModuleManager and CommunityResourcePack. I downloaded it from ckan, and have tried deleting it (including the PluginData folder left behind) and reinstalling it, as well as trying a manual download from spacedock.

Here is a copy of my ksp.log in which there does appear to be some exceptions related to DangIt (Spacedock version): https://www.dropbox.com/s/racrtswne41tm4t/KSP.log?dl=0

Here is a copy with the full modset, but no exceptions for DangIt (CKAN version) that I noticed in a brief scan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvuw5mfvno76olz/KSP-2.log?dl=0

Here is a ksp.log with CKAN version of DangIt, without any other mods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmpamokczn07e3y/KSP-3.log?dl=0

Unless there is a hidden cache somewhere that I need to clear, I'm at a loss on what else I can try?

Thanks

stupid question - how you try to find UI?

12 minutes ago, GenryRar said:

stupid question - how you try to find UI?

In the set of icons on the right hand side when in-flight, or along the bottom right in the space center screen. That's where I remember them being anyway. You were able to adjust the alarm volume and settings, and I believe in-flight you could acknowledge/silence an active alarm.

39 minutes ago, Fourjays said:

In the set of icons on the right hand side when in-flight, or along the bottom right in the space center screen. That's where I remember them being anyway. You were able to adjust the alarm volume and settings, and I believe in-flight you could acknowledge/silence an active alarm.

Hah, my question not so stupid!

Settings now live in:

[Esc] > Settings > Difficult > DangIt

On 4/22/2017 at 7:10 AM, GenryRar said:

Hola @linuxgurugamer!

Im play in new campagn wirt RSS+RO+DangIt. And have strange problem:

First 5 days (1d16h) i have no failures (one time i listen ring but nothing highlighted). But today every launch i have failures in every 10 seconds! I'm think it's not normal... No errors or warnings in log.

player.log

Please zip up your save file directory as well

Thanks

I wish I could give more info than this:

G48AnQf.png

Default install, can't really confirm if it's working or not given the intermittent and infrequent nature of its events.  And I'm still learning how to use it.  Anyway I thought I should mention it.  Any specific further info you need, I'm all ears

Edited by fourfa