[1.12.x] Dang It! Continued

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, PhoenixSpaceIndustries said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm on 1.3, is there a beta or anything that needs testing? :)

Very soon.

I'm stopping support of 1.2 and will be proceeding with 1.3 beta very soon now. None of people who requested the 1.2  bug fixes has ever responded beyond one saying he was going to test so at this point I am not going to support 1.2 anymore

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Beta release for 1.3:

• Fixed nullref in WheelMotor on start
  • Restricted alarm to sounding only when part is failed on active vessel
  • Changed Update to LateUpdate in AlarmManager
  • Restricted failures to active vessel only (in FailureModule)
  • Updated for 1.3

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DangIt/releases/tag/0.7.13-beta

************ READ THIS FIRST!!! ************

This is NOT available through CKAN or SpaceDock, only from the link above.

I have not yet addressed the issue of Snacks! tanks leaking, but I would appreciate if you could test that, and present me with a specific series of steps to do in a plain game with only the two mods installed to make it happen.

Same with the RCS thrusters being broken.

This is a beta version.  The logs are going to have more information for me, and, there will be a couple of informational entries in the right-click menus.  You can ignore those, they print some extra information to the log which I don't need right now.

So I'm having a problem and I'm hoping one of you guys might be able to figure out what's going wrong: DangIt is installed and has worked flawlessly for me in the past. No issues at all. And now, suddenly, I can't take Spares from any container. The button to "Take Spare Part" has completely vanished. All other aspects of DangIt continue to work just fine... but I can't fix anything at all because I can't take a Spare Part out of a pod. I've tested it with multiple types of command pods and the button to take a spare part is just... gone. Anyone know what's up?

Link to my Output_Log here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B49Vka7x_xExVGZ5LWxGZkVsR2s

Quoting this to say that I'm having a similar problem, but not consistently;  numerous landing pods (stock and modded alike) seem to be missing the 'take spares' button, even though they can carry spares themselves.  Since spares cannot be transferred from part to part (or is that another bug I'm experiencing?), this makes the spares complete dead weight.

I have not upgraded to 1.3, nor the newly posted beta.  Running 7.12.

Edit:  Further testing shows that almost all of the pods are afflicted as such, I only got lucky in that the mk1, and the K2 Gemini pod, specifically, were not.

Also, I just noticed that when the Take Spares button is missing, so is the inspect option.  As are the options to fix the various components.

Edited by IonMage
Quote didnt take at first

On 6/16/2017 at 8:08 PM, IonMage said:

Quoting this to say that I'm having a similar problem, but not consistently;  numerous landing pods (stock and modded alike) seem to be missing the 'take spares' button, even though they can carry spares themselves.  Since spares cannot be transferred from part to part (or is that another bug I'm experiencing?), this makes the spares complete dead weight.

I have not upgraded to 1.3, nor the newly posted beta.  Running 7.12.

Edit:  Further testing shows that almost all of the pods are afflicted as such, I only got lucky in that the mk1, and the K2 Gemini pod, specifically, were not.

Also, I just noticed that when the Take Spares button is missing, so is the inspect option.  As are the options to fix the various components.

Sounds like a modulemanager issue

i have an odd bug with your mod, every time i go to or from a ship the game frezzes up and i get a message  "database part info reloading" for a minute or so. i do have a butload of other mods so i might not be you

Edited by zakkpaz

11 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

i have an odd bug with your mod, every time i go to or from a ship the game frezzes up and i get a message  "database part info reloading" for a minute or so. i do have a butload of other mods so i might not be you

I saw this as well. Mine was closer to 5-10 seconds

On 14/6/2017 at 0:47 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I have not yet addressed the issue of Snacks! tanks leaking, but I would appreciate if you could test that, and present me with a specific series of steps to do in a plain game with only the two mods installed to make it happen.

Same with the RCS thrusters being broken.

This is a beta version.  The logs are going to have more information for me, and, there will be a couple of informational entries in the right-click menus.  You can ignore those, they print some extra information to the log which I don't need right now.

I did check the modulemanager configs on this same beta version and found this. I remember I helped you test snacks versus dang it some time ago and had the the problem of snacks tanks leaking too soon. I remember the problem was with this numbers.

SnacksTank CFG FuelTank CFG

name = ModuleTankReliability

// Tanks are always active

// Annual Failure Rate: 2.5%
        MTBF = .0350400

// Expected Lifetime: 15 years
        LifeTime = 1 // 31400

MTBF = 350400

LifeTime = 131400

I can't test it right now becouse I'm not using Dang it for now. Hope this helps.

Edited by Elkram

6 hours ago, Elkram said:

I did check the modulemanager configs on this same beta version and found this. I remember I helped you test snacks versus dang it some time ago and had the the problem of snacks tanks leaking too soon. I remember the problem was with this numbers.

SnacksTank CFG FuelTank CFG

MTBF = .0350400

LifeTime = 1 // 31400

MTBF = 350400

LifeTime = 131400

I can't test it right now becouse I'm not using Dang it for now. Hope this helps.

that's probably the problem, I'll push out a new beta later today with this fix

New release, 0.7.13.1, full release (out of beta):

•     Fixed nullref in WheelMotor on start
  •     Restricted alarm to sounding only when part is failed on active vessel
  •     Changed Update to LateUpdate in AlarmManager
  •     Restricted failures to active vessel only (in FailureModule)
  •     Updated for 1.3
  •     Updated Snacks MM patch

On 6/21/2017 at 0:53 AM, zakkpaz said:

i'm still having the same problem with the new version, is there a list of known incompatibilities?

On 6/22/2017 at 5:18 PM, zakkpaz said:

i'm still having the same problem with the new version, is there a list of known incompatibilities?

It's not a bug, just something necessary.  It is this mod, I'll take a look to see if there is something I can do to remove it

53 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's not a bug, just something necessary.  It is this mod, I'll take a look to see if there is something I can do to remove it

alright then, itleast its not taking as long now

I'd like to report that I have resolved my earlier issue of dangit not applying to all parts;  it was because the 'center' of the parts hitboxes were so small, it was impossible to get the engineer close enough to do any dangit interactions.  Tripling engineer range in the options menu solved it.

However, I have another thing to report;  for 2 separate apollo-style mun landing flights in a row, I have been having utterly ludicrous rates of hardware failure.  Previously, on similar missions, I could expect 2 or 3 failures.  Here, once the failures start, they don't stop.  I mean, I go on eva to fix one problem, by the time I've taken the spares out of their storage compartment, another part has failed.  It is at times happening literally faster than I can reasonably fix them.  I also had a battery that would not be fixed, even when the message from clicking 'replace battery' says it is. 

It is not exaggeration or hyperbole to say that I had more than 30 failures before I finally decided to pull an Apollo 13, and abort back to kerbin, it was genuinely that bad.  The subsequent mission had similar problems, and I was forced to just disable dangit because it simply stopped being any fun at all.  I have been playing on this campaign long enough to know that this is highly unusual.  What could be causing this to happen?

Still on 1.2.2.  I might upgrade to 1.3 soon, but would like to finish some flights up to help avoid any unwanted surprises.

How feasible would it be to implement own failure modes configuration? That is, a place where you can specify what kind of module should fail and how it should fail in some cfg file?

I am asking, because I believe it should be possible and it will allow custom support patches for virtually anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Do the failure times take into account lengths of days/years of Sigma Dimensions scaled systems? I'm trying to parse the Lifetime stats...Batteries have a lifetime of 87600 - if this is "hours", then it works out to 10 years. Is it using the KSP day calculation which is configurable in Sigma Dimensions?

Edited by Tyko

On 06/22/2017 at 6:41 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

that's probably the problem, I'll push out a new beta later today with this fix

New release, 0.7.13.1, full release (out of beta):

•     Fixed nullref in WheelMotor on start
  •     Restricted alarm to sounding only when part is failed on active vessel
  •     Changed Update to LateUpdate in AlarmManager
  •     Restricted failures to active vessel only (in FailureModule)
  •     Updated for 1.3
  •     Updated Snacks MM patch

I am away from home, so I can't test it for some time. Just wanted to say the title still says [1.2.1], which is why I missed your update to 1.3 (probably the same for others). BTW, thanks for your overall effort, you're carrying such a long list of mods (and I'll increase my Patreon support soon to show my appreciation - and I hope people who've realised how much you help the community will tip in as well :))

Edited by Joal ban Kluane
It's [1.2.1], not [1.2].

38 minutes ago, Joal ban Kluane said:

I am away from home, so I can't test it for some time. Just wanted to say the title still says [1.2.1], which is why I missed your update to 1.3 (probably the same for others). BTW, thanks for your overall effort, you're carrying such a long list of mods (and I'll increase my Patreon support soon to show my appreciation - and I hope people who've realised how much you help the community will tip in as well :))

I'll get the title updated in a little while. Obviously I missed it while updating this one out of more than 70 miles. Thank you for your support

On 7/5/2017 at 9:42 AM, IonMage said:

I'd like to report that I have resolved my earlier issue of dangit not applying to all parts;  it was because the 'center' of the parts hitboxes were so small, it was impossible to get the engineer close enough to do any dangit interactions.  Tripling engineer range in the options menu solved it.

I was having the same problem.  I tried a few settings - EVA range 2 is sufficient to reach the pod to grab spares while holding the ladder.  

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, NinjaElmo said:

I'm having alarms continue going off every time I exit the map view and back to the craft. This happens even after I have stopped using the craft with the actual failure. Anyone else having this issue?

How long do they go on?  Is it just a quick twang, or is it continuous?