[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

16 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

Possibly related:

I'm pretty sure it is related, as I save the state in the persistence.sfs. KK always hat some issues with the savestates, so it is nothing new (before it saved the state in it's own files, but at the same time) I only changed the destination, where the information is stored.

On 6/15/2017 at 4:02 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi define not function?  what do you expect them to do? 

you can hire workers in the buildings, but if i put a building there i can't see it in interface so i can't hire ppl. there is a bug, if i hire workers and put them in office i can have free money as much as i stay there or keep the interface. the money are increasing quicker if i put more workers in office! it's a good exploit for a  stock income :)

On ‎17‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 11:27 AM, Acvila said:

you can hire workers in the buildings, but if i put a building there i can't see it in interface so i can't hire ppl. there is a bug, if i hire workers and put them in office i can have free money as much as i stay there or keep the interface. the money are increasing quicker if i put more workers in office! it's a good exploit for a  stock income :)

you might need to assing the right facilityType in the editor window.

On ‎14‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 5:20 AM, Angel-125 said:

I am loving all the airports and such scattered around Kerbin! I also have an odd issue where KK keeps forgetting that I've unlocked airports and heliports. has anybody seen this issue?

On ‎14‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 8:14 AM, Wyzard said:

Possibly related:

I think I found the issue. It might be an floating point error, because I recalculate the position vector (which is most of the time not needed), but use this as the identifier for the facilities in the savefile.

Airports should be using a different mechanism, but I'll look into this.

On 6/21/2017 at 4:36 AM, Ger_space said:

you might need to assing the right facilityType in the editor window.

I think I found the issue. It might be an floating point error, because I recalculate the position vector (which is most of the time not needed), but use this as the identifier for the facilities in the savefile.

Airports should be using a different mechanism, but I'll look into this.

ive been having that problem as well it also seems to forget when i disable having to unlock them in the settings menu

8 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

ive been having that problem as well it also seems to forget when i disable having to unlock them in the settings menu

could you please upload a copy of your savegame folder and the KSP logfiles? I cannot reproduce this problem on my side.

Spoiler

Can someone explain this bug? It may not be due to KK, however, I have a feeling it's the Cape Canaveral terrain instance (RSS), and the bug appeared shortly after I was adjusting some instances to be correctly positioned (as they were underneath the terrain) using KK.

For some reason, despite reverting to an earlier save, these hills remain floating over the top of KSC. Spawning anything at the base results in instant explosions. I can upload save-files etc if needed, though initially I was just seeing if anyone else has experienced this.

EDIT: should also mention this is 1.2.2

Also created an entirely new save game, and the same hills are present.

Edited by NightHawk043

5 hours ago, NightHawk043 said:
  Hide contents

Can someone explain this bug? It may not be due to KK, however, I have a feeling it's the Cape Canaveral terrain instance (RSS), and the bug appeared shortly after I was adjusting some instances to be correctly positioned (as they were underneath the terrain) using KK.

For some reason, despite reverting to an earlier save, these hills remain floating over the top of KSC. Spawning anything at the base results in instant explosions. I can upload save-files etc if needed, though initially I was just seeing if anyone else has experienced this.

EDIT: should also mention this is 1.2.2

Also created an entirely new save game, and the same hills are present.

I have no Idea what is happening there. but from the first look it is like Kopernicus is breaking down. I didn't even know, that RSS now uses KK for the placement of buildings. the last time I looked at it they used the KSC switcher, which moves the KSC around. 

To fix this you need to move the KSC and use hyper edit to move a vessel there and remove the objects that are wrongly placed. (if there are really KK objects, that prevent a spawn). 

16 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

thanks, but you packed the wrong logfiles. I need the  KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt

But I wonder, why you have Kopernicus installed. As I see no reference to any KK facility in the savegames, like there is nothing ever installed. The general mechanism for saving is working fine, because ne normal Setings are showing up at the right place. 

41 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

thanks, but you packed the wrong logfiles. I need the  KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt

But I wonder, why you have Kopernicus installed. As I see no reference to any KK facility in the savegames, like there is nothing ever installed. The general mechanism for saving is working fine, because ne normal Setings are showing up at the right place. 

sorry

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7F0M-VBAxnJcWdLSFhwOEhhQzg

Kopernicus is for Astronomer's Visual Pack, I think

Edited by zakkpaz

58 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

sorry

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7F0M-VBAxnJcWdLSFhwOEhhQzg

Kopernicus is for Astronomer's Visual Pack, I think

Thanks for the log.

You have RemoteTech support enabled within KK also you don't have RT installed... (I have no idea how you could do this, but I need to look into this how this is possible), and you have the career features within KK disabled, so all bases should be open. 

Kopernicus also messes with the spacecenter camera, and KK thows an error, when trying to access the cam. I have no idea why this is happening, but I think I can find an workaround. 

Please don't expect a fast fix for this, because I have no idea what is going wrong..

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

Thanks for the log.

You have RemoteTech support enabled within KK also you don't have RT installed... (I have no idea how you could do this, but I need to look into this how this is possible), and you have the career features within KK disabled, so all bases should be open. 

Kopernicus also messes with the spacecenter camera, and KK thows an error, when trying to access the cam. I have no idea why this is happening, but I think I can find an workaround. 

Please don't expect a fast fix for this, because I have no idea what is going wrong..

if "enableRTsupport'' in KerbalKonstructs.cfg is set to false assumeing thats what turns on and off RemoteTech support, "disableCareerStrategyLayer" on the other hand is set to true (i'm pretty sure i changed it from false in an atempet to fix this)

6 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

if "enableRTsupport'' in KerbalKonstructs.cfg is set to false assumeing thats what turns on and off RemoteTech support, "disableCareerStrategyLayer" on the other hand is set to true (i'm pretty sure i changed it from false in an atempet to fix this)

You should never be able to enable RemoteTech support without having it installed. The disableCareerStrategyLayer will set all facilities to open by force and they will be all set to default (closed) when you disable it 

I'm currently working to migrate the KK setting into the default KSP 1.2 settings menu. This should resolv some of the bugs and enable some wanted features, as I don't have to worry about the old settings GUI.

ky9mcQK.png

The settings will be saved and restored by KSP and KK doesn't have to take care about it. 

19 hours ago, Ger_space said:

I have no Idea what is happening there. but from the first look it is like Kopernicus is breaking down. I didn't even know, that RSS now uses KK for the placement of buildings. the last time I looked at it they used the KSC switcher, which moves the KSC around. 

To fix this you need to move the KSC and use hyper edit to move a vessel there and remove the objects that are wrongly placed. (if there are really KK objects, that prevent a spawn). 

To be precise, RSS does use ksp switcher that's how you switch between the major launch sites, however I'm also using:

For the most part it was pretty good, although there was a few bases underground/floating.

Now, since I got back from work I was able to do some further investigation. It appears what happened, is after my last edit shifting some of the props, then quitting the game, something may have corrupted, because what happened is a number of the instances (quite possibly specifically the ones I edited, I'm still not 100% sure, as I did a whole bunch at once), were all converted into the enormous "Kennedy Space Center Terrain" which is what was visible in the photo. Here's the same stuff from above.

Spoiler

For now i did your suggestion of launching from another base, hyper-editing over to KSC, then removing the bad instances, however it's obviously a band-aid solution. Something caused it, but hopefully it won't reproduce. In the mean-time I've got a lot of instances to replace lol.

Hi all, is there any issues with saving to groups currently?  Having a bug or two but also trying out something new, which is possibly upsetting it.

SO how difficult would it be to add some kind of ambience track to a static?  SO for example dockside sounds for the harbor sections?  and the something new that may be breaking KK

watch carefully

Spoiler

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all, is there any issues with saving to groups currently?  Having a bug or two but also trying out something new, which is possibly upsetting it.

SO how difficult would it be to add some kind of ambience track to a static?  SO for example dockside sounds for the harbor sections?  and the something new that may be breaking KK

watch carefully

Hide contents

Wow! This is cool. I know no current bugs with saving, but if you run into issues please upload the log file, so I can check if kk threw an error.

You can now put your statics to any group you want and they will be visible from the KSC scene. No special handling of the KSCupgeades group anymore.

I had the transmission sound of the pyramids as an standalone static (it's now filtered out)... So if the KSP part tools allow to export objects with an attached AudioSource component , you will hear it. 

if they block this, I can add a new static module for sounds (like the flag decals)

Hi, Re the group saving error i'm experiencing, I'm just coming to the end of my post localization testing so by necessity am running far fewer mods than normal.  

Place object, in this case it's more water launch points, make launch site, click save deselect , then , on main KK gui set group  name and click save,  at this point the gui screen blanks out and ALL placed statics disappear. Gui can be closed via ctrlK,   scene change does not restore missing statics ,  reload restores all missing statics,,

This log from game that I  closed immediately after static disappearance and gui being closed 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmmmv6594wn3exn/KSP KK glitch log.zip?dl=0

Edit as long as i don't save as a group all is good.

Edit edit  Re sound clip although something happens as the mu file gets huge and takes half an hour to write there was no audible sound track from the static,  I also  tried all available clip settings to no avail

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, Re the group saving error i'm experiencing, I'm just coming to the end of my post localization testing so by necessity am running far fewer mods than normal.  

Place object, in this case it's more water launch points, make launch site, click save deselect , then , on main KK gui set group  name and click save,  at this point the gui screen blanks out and ALL placed statics disappear. Gui can be closed via ctrlK,   scene change does not restore missing statics ,  reload restores all missing statics,,

This log from game that I  closed immediately after static disappearance and gui being closed 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmmmv6594wn3exn/KSP KK glitch log.zip?dl=0

Edit as long as i don't save as a group all is good.

Edit edit  Re sound clip although something happens as the mu file gets huge and takes half an hour to write there was no audible sound track from the static,  I also  tried all available clip settings to no avail

I see a lot of objects, that get deleteted for some reason and after that a lot of errors, as KK tries to access these objects. I'm still wondering why this can happen. for now you could set the group within the static edtor for each single object, this should work.

Too bad about the sounds, I now tried it on my own and saw no difference is the .mu file size.
I'll try to write a module for adding sounds. I really need to start writing documentation :-) 
Hopefully I can post a beta release next week. 

Edit: OK I found the bug... KK really deletes all Object when it tries to change the group. I'll post a new later

Edited by Ger_space

OK here is a quick prerelease wich fixes the bug with setting the group.

The shader system is untested, and the custom shaders are missing in this beta. so please don't use this for now.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.1.9

Changes for players:

• the settings for KK are now migrated to KSP settings system
  • Try to implement a bugfix for the loading problem of facility states, that plaques some players.
  • All windows of KK are now only loaded, when they are accessed for the first time. this should save some RAM

Changes for modders:

• you can select where the config files for newly placed static go (GameData/NewInstances or GameData/KerbalKonstrucs/NewInstances)
  • You can now switch to the old editor camera mode (in the KK settings). Please don't do this while the KK editor window is open.
  • Models can now use custom shaders. (new setting: useShader = "Name of the Shader") (untested)
  • KK will load and use all shaders, that are in .KSP asset bundles.
  • BugFix: Setting the group from the statics window will no longer delete all objects in range.

@zakkpaz this release might fix the problems with the facilities. 

@SpannerMonkey(smce) this fixes your bug. 

@Aerospacer you have your legacy editor camera back.

33 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

OK here is a quick prerelease wich fixes the bug with setting the group.

The shader system is untested, and the custom shaders are missing in this beta. so please don't use this for now.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.1.9

Changes for players:

• the settings for KK are now migrated to KSP settings system
  • Try to implement a bugfix for the loading problem of facility states, that plaques some players.
  • All windows of KK are now only loaded, when they are accessed for the first time. this should save some RAM

Changes for modders:

• you can select where the config files for newly placed static go (GameData/NewInstances or GameData/KerbalKonstrucs/NewInstances)
  • You can now switch to the old editor camera mode (in the KK settings). Please don't do this while the KK editor window is open.
  • Models can now use custom shaders. (new setting: useShader = "Name of the Shader") (untested)
  • KK will load and use all shaders, that are in .KSP asset bundles.
  • BugFix: Setting the group from the statics window will no longer delete all objects in range.

@zakkpaz this release might fix the problems with the facilities. 

@SpannerMonkey(smce) this fixes your bug. 

@Aerospacer you have your legacy editor camera back.

I and my airship crews thank you. :)