[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

@Ger_space 0.9.9.1 seems legit. I even tried this on another screen (monitor) to check what my absolute fps is, not being limited to my big screen's 60Hz. -120fps when not panning the camera directly at ground objects, and 80-100fps when ground objects are in view:rep::rep:

(my previous findings of poor performance with 0.9.9.5 still stand on this much more capable screen)

18 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

FlagDecal module supports multiple flag transforms on one model.

Woopy :)  Cheers revolving KK sign on its way :

19 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Fixes the framerate Issues introduced in the last release

Also nice work, though with the hammering I normally give my fps i hardly noticed

13 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Woopy :)  Cheers revolving KK sign on its way :

cool :-) but I didn't test the code with multiple transforms. 

16 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Also nice work, though with the hammering I normally give my fps i hardly noticed

I didn't noticed it for four test-releases :(. But the most of the KK windows (base manager, editor) kill about 40-60% of the framerate anyway. To resolve that, I need to use the new unity5 window prefabs, but this will require a lot of new code.

After the last two days of obscure bug hunting, I'm currently more in the mood to throw away old internal core functions and replace them with new shiny and optimized code. 

@Ger_space, its proving very difficult to interact with statics that use the same asset as all the INSTANCES get listed under the same defined STATIC node without unique identifiers to differentiate between each listing.

Would it be possible to include a user defined, unique identifier in-game that is listed against each instance so that there is some semblance of hope ( :D ) when trying to interact with placed assets, possibly something like PQSCity.name? Basically if Kerbal Konstructs used unique names for the PQSCity instances it would be far easier for us to integrate KK into GPP without having to rewrite custom configs for every KSC++ and KSC Floodlight asset that we use... and also again for each rescaled system config that we also support. :/ 

I feel like @Sigma88 is coming across a similar issue and is trying to jump the same hurdle without success. If its possible to add something along these lines I think it may increase extensibility with other mods/planet packs and could soothe a few headaches along the way. 

Edited by Poodmund

1 minute ago, Poodmund said:

I feel like @Sigma88 is coming across a similar issue and is trying to jump the same hurdle without success.

yup, I already have the code figured out to make it possible to move whole bases together without the need of having to reposition manually every single static instance

my only remaining issue right now is figuring out how to identify a PQSCity properly, since all those cloned from the same STATIC have the same name.

having unique PQSCity.name would be perfect for me :wink:

@Poodmund & @Sigma88

I could create a new setting in the cfg files But how can we make shure, that the string is really unique? KK checks currently the following to avoid duplicates:

PQSCity.radialposition, model.name, PQSCity.repositionRadiusOffset, PQSCity.reorientFinalAngle

GPP uses different Planet names, so without an Patch System for KK nothing should load without a custom config. A second problem I see is, that currently the configs provide an absulute offset from the sphere and not the hight above the ground. If you alter the terrain, you will end up with burried or floating buildings. 

I had the idea of creating a patch config format for KK, so you could edit groups/statics, but I've not started any prototype yet. the idea was 

KK_EDIT {

Group {

name = KSCUpgrades
action = Move
oldcenter = (cooridnates)
newcenter = (coordinates)

}
Group {

name = KSCUpgrades
action = rotate
center = (cooridnates)
amount = 42

}

}

and so on...with spread, scale etc... or even set new homeworlds. (don't know if a group edit or single patches would be better work)

59 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I could create a new setting in the cfg files But how can we make shure, that the string is really unique?

since the PQSCity.name right now is basically not used, the idea solution would be to use a composite name that is unique

the first thing that comes to mind would be to compose the name using the name of the group, the name of the static and a numerical index to account for multiple clones of the same static in the same group

so you can have:

PQSCity.name = KSCUpgrades_Hangar_0 (for the first clone of the static Hangar for the group KSCUpgrades)

if I recall correctly, right now it's just the "name of the static" + " (Clone)"

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

GPP uses different Planet names, so without an Patch System for KK nothing should load without a custom config.

the names of the planets can easily be changed with a MM patch (that will have to be included in GPP of course)

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

GPP uses different Planet names, so without an Patch System for KK nothing should load without a custom config. A second problem I see is, that currently the configs provide an absulute offset from the sphere and not the hight above the ground. If you alter the terrain, you will end up with burried or floating buildings. 

I had the idea of creating a patch config format for KK, so you could edit groups/statics, but I've not started any prototype yet. the idea was

SD can already do this, the idea is that in GPP @Poodmund would choose a spot on Gael where to load a base, then tell SD to move the group there.

and since SD uses a plugin I can compare the altitude of the terrain in the target spot compared to the original one, so that the whole group is loaded at the correct altitude

of course if you decide to add that functionality to KK, the naming issue will be less important for me because I won't have to worry about my feature not working with KK since KK can offer the same feature

5 hours ago, Ger_space said:

cool :-) but I didn't test the code with multiple transforms. 

Some consolation for your efforts,  the multiple transform name sharing works a treat. Jerkiness is due to rubbish animation sample rate on a 5 min test model, KK not in any way responsible :)

On 5.5.2017 at 2:24 AM, Sigma88 said:

since the PQSCity.name right now is basically not used, the idea solution would be to use a composite name that is unique

the first thing that comes to mind would be to compose the name using the name of the group, the name of the static and a numerical index to account for multiple clones of the same static in the same group

so you can have:

PQSCity.name = KSCUpgrades_Hangar_0 (for the first clone of the static Hangar for the group KSCUpgrades)

if I recall correctly, right now it's just the "name of the static" + " (Clone)"

the names of the planets can easily be changed with a MM patch (that will have to be included in GPP of course)

SD can already do this, the idea is that in GPP @Poodmund would choose a spot on Gael where to load a base, then tell SD to move the group there.

and since SD uses a plugin I can compare the altitude of the terrain in the target spot compared to the original one, so that the whole group is loaded at the correct altitude

of course if you decide to add that functionality to KK, the naming issue will be less important for me because I won't have to worry about my feature not working with KK since KK can offer the same feature

I try to have a working prototype with sites the correct pqsCity.name soon. 

@Sigma88 & @Poodmund

I've made a new PreRelease which changes the PQSCity name. 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/0.9.9.7

changes for Payers

• none

changes for modders

• set the PQSCity.name 
  • restores the isScanable flag, so statics can show up as an Anomaly ( @Galileo I broke this with the hurried 0.9.9.6 release, sorry )

internal changes

• new configParser for Model definitions 
  • changes to the internal StaticModel class. 

Warning: This Pre-Release is not intented for normal Players. 
The changes I made internally to two of the three most used classes are significant and show some nice frameRate improvements on my System, but I have not tested all functions.
It compiles, I can place and delete some objects... 

1 minute ago, whale_2 said:

you mean it was not so in 0.9.9.6?

And i never expect it to be in my game because for the simple fact I always have several vessels in the flight scene, the visible KSC kk group extends for nearly 20km  There are 63 static models in the harbor alone  never mind all the others scattered around and the test models that can truly give KK a kicking.    SO yeah a green clock is new :)

Hi - I have a question.  I have posted in the GPP (Galileo Planet Pack) thread as well - but not had a response.  I have downloaded/installed KK and KSC++ that comes bundled with GPP.  I am not able to open any of the other bases.  I can only effectively use the main KSC base as the only "open" base.  Not sure if this is something I am not doing correctly, but I am confused.  If I launch a plane from KSC main and open up the KK window and select ATC and NGS - it says that the nearest open base is 400KM away.  I then fly towards it, but it effectively bugs out and when I get about 50KM away - it sends me back towards KSC main.  I can launch from any of the other bases (even if they are not "open") - it does the same thing and points me towards KSC main.

The only selectable open runway/base is KSC main - and I am not sure how I can select any of the other bases as "open"

Please tell me what I am doing wrong - or what I need to do to have all of the other basesas showing open - so I can effectively have runway markers for all of the bases rather than just KSC main.

On 5/6/2017 at 8:02 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

And i never expect it to be in my game because for the simple fact I always have several vessels in the flight scene, the visible KSC kk group extends for nearly 20km  There are 63 static models in the harbor alone  never mind all the others scattered around and the test models that can truly give KK a kicking.    SO yeah a green clock is new :)

Indeed, the frame rate improved, excellent work, @Ger_space!

11 hours ago, Pinchy said:

Hi - I have a question.  I have posted in the GPP (Galileo Planet Pack) thread as well - but not had a response.  I have downloaded/installed KK and KSC++ that comes bundled with GPP.  I am not able to open any of the other bases.  I can only effectively use the main KSC base as the only "open" base.  Not sure if this is something I am not doing correctly, but I am confused.  If I launch a plane from KSC main and open up the KK window and select ATC and NGS - it says that the nearest open base is 400KM away.  I then fly towards it, but it effectively bugs out and when I get about 50KM away - it sends me back towards KSC main.  I can launch from any of the other bases (even if they are not "open") - it does the same thing and points me towards KSC main.

The only selectable open runway/base is KSC main - and I am not sure how I can select any of the other bases as "open"

Please tell me what I am doing wrong - or what I need to do to have all of the other basesas showing open - so I can effectively have runway markers for all of the bases rather than just KSC main.

There is only one base included in GPP... I have no idea what other bases you are talking about. For additional bases, GPP uses KSCSwitcher.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:31 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi that was by @Eskandare iirc and he has been reworking it for some time, and indeed it would take a good deal of effort to optimise it as he intends.  So maybe one day :)

It'll be done when it is done. My dev computer is down due to something attacking Windows 10 and making it unrecoverable. I tried to recover it using all methods without losing personal data, but for some reason it refuses to fix the issue. Also I've been working a lot (it's a lot of work being boss) so I haven't had the time to back up the data and do a full drive wipe.

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

There is only one base included in GPP... I have no idea what other bases you are talking about. For additional bases, GPP uses KSCSwitcher.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear - I have installed no additional mods that are not in the recommended mods pack - but I have several launchsites (bases).  These are clearly part of GPP, as the one that I always switch to is on the equitorial orbit (can't think of the name of it from the top of my head) instead of using KSC main.  Maybe it's KSCSwitcher that I am getting confused over the functionality of. 

However the issue still exists that KK does not let me see any of the other bases/launchsites on the map other than KSC main?

Thanks

Tim

4 minutes ago, Pinchy said:

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear - I have installed no additional mods that are not in the recommended mods pack - but I have several launchsites (bases).  These are clearly part of GPP, as the one that I always switch to is on the equitorial orbit (can't think of the name of it from the top of my head) instead of using KSC main.  Maybe it's KSCSwitcher that I am getting confused over the functionality of. 

However the issue still exists that KK does not let me see any of the other bases/launchsites on the map other than KSC main?

Thanks

Tim

Again - apologies I am not being clear.  The bases are visible on the tracking station map as "launchsites" - however they are not visible when using KK and showing open/closed/occlude (it only shows KSC Main - and when I go into KK and look for any of the other bases - it only shows KSC Main with a Green Light - there are none other named bases (Red or Green)

2 hours ago, Pinchy said:

Thanks

Tim

Again - apologies I am not being clear.  The bases are visible on the tracking station map as "launchsites" - however they are not visible when using KK and showing open/closed/occlude (it only shows KSC Main - and when I go into KK and look for any of the other bases - it only shows KSC Main with a Green Light - there are none other named bases (Red or Green)

KSCSwitcher does not use KK to switch bases. You have to choose them from the tracking station. Also, KSCSwitcher only lets you use one base at a time. 

7 hours ago, Pinchy said:

Thanks

Tim

Did you install KerbinSide in addition to Kerbal Konstructs? 

If so that could potentially cause some weirdness. KerbinSide includes bases all over KERBIN. They probably won't show up at all in GPP but there could be some problems. Can you post a screenshot of these other sites?

3 hours ago, Nightside said:

Did you install KerbinSide in addition to Kerbal Konstructs? 

If so that could potentially cause some weirdness. KerbinSide includes bases all over KERBIN. They probably won't show up at all in GPP but there could be some problems. Can you post a screenshot of these other sites?

Nope - not installed KerbinSide - will post some screenshots