Ger_space

[1.2.X] Kerbal Konstructs - 0.9.8.9 - 12.12.2016

225 posts in this topic

Kerbal Konstructs

New buildings and Launchsites

What?

This is the continuation of @AlphaAsh's great mod, which provides the foundation to add new static objects to the worlds of KSP. This statics can also provide various functions like fuel tanks or office buildings, which provide an steady income or new Launchsites and Runways.
Kerbal Konstructs provides the editor to create new bases and the tools to select new launchsites. It also provides a landing guide.

Screenshots:

GAf5GPJ.pngT4u4Fv1.pngtkPiFN7.pngx1wcVo4.pngUaCngdA.png

Download:

Releases: Spacedock  
Releases and Prereleases: Github

Source:

Github

Supported Contend-Mods:

Tested by myself:

Kerbin-Side
KSC++
Water launch Sites
KSC Floodlight

Others that might work:
More mods for KK

Bugreports:

Please file a Github issue here.

Special thanks to:

@AlphaAsh for this mod.

@SpannerMonkey(smce) and @Divico for testing the 1.2 prereleases and bugreports.

Changelog:

Spoiler

12.12.2016 0.9.8.9

Changes:

• Launchsites: KK will add the KSC to the correct position, if the homeplanet is altered. also KK will not crash when the homeplanet is not named "Kerbin".
  • cfg loader: configfiles for unknown bodies are no longer crashing KK.

08.12.2016: 0.9.8.8

Changes:

• new statics: added runway markings by whale_2. Thank you!
  • new placed objects are written to: GameData\KerbalKonstructs\NewInstances[modelname]-instances.cfg
  • editor: finer increments when editing objects
  • editor: used relative directions instead of altering some vectors.
  • editor: added reference vectors
  • editor: orientation uses reference vectors
  • editor: added scaling of objects
  • editor: facilities are now editable for placed objects
  • editor: fixed editing of Kerbin-Side statics
  • cfg file loader: "RadialPosition" can be recalculated, when missing, from RefLatitude/RefLongitude
  • all: enabled some more debug output.

21.11.2016: 0.9.8.5

• fixed loading of the kosmodrome mod.
  • added a "set Launchsite" Button to the launchsite selector, because I searched always there for one.
  • map: can show waterlaunch sites (toggled via the "other" category)
  • editor: added a waterlaunch category to the launchsite editor
  • editor: added set increment buttons to the statics editor

20.11.2016: 0.9.8.4

•  Much faster startup.  
  • KSC(Launchpad&Runway) is now selectable in MapView (again?)
  • A bit more verbose message, when you are out of range of an fuel tank
  • Camera is now resetting after a facitity was selected and the window is closed.
  • Recovering of vessels is now fixed. (Also StageRecovery is working again since last release)

10.11.2016: 0.9.8.2

• removed upside down renderings of mapicons and landing guide
  • KSP 1.2 bugfixes
  • inflight mapview is now showing icons, even when the Body is not explicit selected.

License:

I've got the personal permission from AlphaAsh to distrubute his Art assets.

Spoiler

Kerbal Konstructs Plugin

The MIT License (MIT)

Copyright © 2016 Matt "medsouz" Souza, Ashley "AlphaAsh" Hall, Christian "GER-Space" Bronk

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Static Assets Artwork & Models

Copyright © 2014-2016, Ashley Hall and Alpha Strike Games

All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

3. Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Addendum 1: You may modify the contents for personal use but may not re-distribute modified versions of the content without obtaining permission first. Contact Ashley Hall on the KSP forums, PMing the user AlphaAsh.

Addendum 2: This work may not be re-distributed, modified or un-modified in a 'mod pack'.

Addendum 3: If re-distributing, no financial or other form of profitable gain should be made from this work, directly or indirectly. No advertising of any sort may be included in the redistribution or at any point of redistribution.

Addendum 4: Contributions from collaborators may be licenced separately, except where such licence conflicts with this licence. Conflicts will be handled by the collaborators when they occur.

Edited by Ger_space
new version
28 people like this

Nice one, great to see this get a new thread rather than tagged onto the end of the original.  All you need now is some pretty pictures for the first post to demonstrate how cool this mod is . In the meantime i'll stick some of mine in a spoiler :) And most of all thanks for taking this on,

Spoiler

x1wcVo4.png

Everything in the scene above above  apart from the Catamaran and the large ship with the heli deck are static objects placed using Kerbal Konstructs

Below water launch spawn, for ships and boats of any size, kindly linked in the first post

ZLD5KW6.png

EXJufXY.png

Below Kerbin City,  sadly locked behind a restrictive license means it's for mod enthusiasts only.. very sad

geMVmEW.png

5 people like this

Oh finally I can play again my career with KerbinSide! :)

Amazing mod, KSP is not the same without it. Thanks @Ger_space for maintaining this. :cool:

Hoping to see all the further update.

Both the link to Kerbin-side and KSC++ link to the thread for Lack's SXT.

Is this correct?

18 minutes ago, Melfice said:

Both the link to Kerbin-side and KSC++ link to the thread for Lack's SXT.

Is this correct?

No, I was just incompetent. It's now corrected.

The KSC++ is linked a bit below of the SXT stuff.

Thanks.

2 people like this

It is nice to see another mod, once again, be avenged :)

1 person likes this

It's Great mod, and excellent work.

Ger_space, congrats with release and Thank You. Very Much. :)

:rep:

Wonderful!

@Ger_space, how you've got that '5' on the runway? I never saw runway markings in the old KK nor addons - I actually made my own. If this is not the reinvented wheel, maybe it makes sense to merge them into new KK? 
https://github.com/whale2/RunwayMarkings

I'm also thinking about procedural generation of runway heading markings.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, whale_2 said:

Wonderful!

@Ger_space, how you've got that '5' on the runway? I never saw runway markings in the old KK nor addons - I actually made my own. If this is not the reinvented wheel, maybe it makes sense to merge them into new KK? 
https://github.com/whale2/RunwayMarkings

I'm also thinking about procedural generation of runway heading markings.

That picture is the KSC2 from the Kerbin-Side complete package. I havn't made it so I have no idea how the runway got it's number :confused:.

New assets are allwas welcome and I'll add your runway markings to KK. But please give me some time for it.

Currently I'm the process of rewriting the mod, mostly seperating game-logic from drawing functions and moving some functions to the classes where they belong.

2 people like this

On 11/10/2016 at 7:14 AM, Ger_space said:

I've got the personal permission from AlphaAsh to distrubute his Art assets.

And I'm sure you'll do a great job of carrying on this wonderful mod.  Thanks for picking up the baton.

Can you add a tutorial on how to add static stuff like runways?

11 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

It's here:

12 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

In addition to the post @Aerospacer linked, there's also an 18-month old video by Kotobos Games.  The actual editing instructions start about 12:20 into the video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKX8mUB3YaU
It is also a bit obsolete but the general principles remain the same.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  The Kerbal Konstructs base editor doesn't come with any parts, it's just the functionality.  So before you can build your own base, you have to install some existing bases.  Then the editor can make copies of buildings in the existing bases for your to arrange in your own new base.  Either that or make your own 3D models.

I think I found a bug in career mode. Whenever I tried to recover a vessel from any purchased KK facility  (in my case i tried with Lodnie Isles and Polar Research Center from the KerbinSide package) the crew are not recovered and the parts refund is 0, not matter the facility has a recovery factor. The worse part is when I tried to launch another mission I noticed that the crew status is missing in action! I have checked and I'm pretty sure it is related to the recovery method used in Kerbal Konstruct.

Anyone getting this problem too?

Here's an image from the console log when I recover the vessel:

07rKsIu.png

I can reproduce the error, so I have logfiles. I'll look into it.

2 people like this

@Sundering I created a prerelease of my current WIP Code. you can find it here:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/0.9.8.3

It contains the fixes for the missing kerbals and the initial startup is 20% faster. down from 23s to 19s for the Kerbin-Side-complete package.

Currently I'm working on further improving the startup time. I found today whats the cause behind the long wait at the game start, so in the next official release the startup should be a lot faster.

7 people like this

Wow thanks for this quick fix! :0.0:

Now I could take those KerbinSide contracts I like. I'm so excited to take a look at this pre-release.

A new Version is up: 0.9.8.4

Changes:

• Much faster startup.  
  • KSC(Launchpad&Runway) is now selectable in MapView (again?)
  • A bit more verbose message, when you are out of range of an fuel tank
  • Camera is now resetting after a facitity was selected and the window is closed.
  • Recovering of vessels is now fixed. (Also StageRecovery is working again since last release)
  • Small MapView workaround for SM-Marine Static assts. (the trackingstations didn't like some 0 values)

no more hanging before the MainMenu loads. It might have killed some static assets, but I havn't found any broken.

This will be probably the last release which looked like before.

My current plan for the future

• small updates to the Editor window, so the incement offset can be selected with the mouse.
  • the launchSiteSelector will have a big "use this site" button.
  • Removal of KerbinNations. They never had a purpose and I have no Idea how to give them one.
  • removal of GroudLink drawings. (no gameplay element)
  • The tracking stations feature and "Downlink" will die and will be replaced by true ComNet and RemoteTech groundstations.
  • migration to new KSP settings system
  • New ConfigFile format for base facilities like fuel tanks and mines. Non-migrated assets will still be visible but have no extra functions.
  • Customizeable Groundstations
  • only allow LandingGuides, when the Vessel has a ground connection

green= next release "soon(TM)" (1-2 weeks)

black= afterwards.

orange= not so "soon(TM)" this will take (1-2 month)

7 people like this