KSP Fan-Art MkII

Luigibro606

Slowly learning to paint Jeb.

Xrc2eOQ.png

A work in progress.  Recently learned the power of clipping masks in Photoshop so I think I'm going to start from scratch on a new Kerbal posed entirely on my own.  Maybe place him on the Mun with a Flag and some sort of lander. Ambitious for a rank amature like me but I never thought painting could be so relaxing and fun.

Not exactly 'artwork', especially compared to the simply astounding pieces of work on this thread, but here is a schematic of a space station I plan to build, StarGate 1:
Fsqtr4V.jpg
Probably incomprehensible to most, but L-1 is for logistics, C-1 for cargo, A-1 is an airlock and H-1 is for habitation

I sketched out one my best aircraft I ever made in KSP to date, back from 0.90!

zCRYqhN.png

It was capable of flying to the poles and back again, all the while carrying a medium sized rover in it's unpressurized rear cargo hold (the big empty angular bit), all while carrying a sizable crew and tons of stuff internally with the use of KAS back in the day. I want to try and remake it soon, to have a new version of it for future endeavours..

Here's a pic of it:

Spoiler

2iQhmjE.png

Edited by Pine

Just noticed this thread—I knew it existed for years, but I never really checked it out. I've done quite a bit of art based off KSP, but here are my more recent ones that portray future colonies on different worlds.

V8y6KeX.png

zunCHCZ.pngDUf0QAE.pngoKI8z5R.pngonDz1LY.pngzIG4zxB.pngKbc7fzb.png

kEuxzWP.png

Edited by SaturnianBlue

This is my version of the infamous '67 Chevy Impala. A Classic American Muscle Car that through its appearance on the TV-show Supernatural almost reached the same Cult Status as the Batmobile or the car of James Bond. It first rolled over the screen in the Pilot of said show in 2005 and interest in the Impala has grown ever since. Given the celebrity status and the beauty of the car I just had to draw it. I hope you enjoy!

6 hours ago, The Moose In Your House said:
This is my version of the infamous '67 Chevy Impala. A Classic American Muscle Car that through its appearance on the TV-show Supernatural almost reached the same Cult Status as the Batmobile or the car of James Bond. It first rolled over the screen in the Pilot of said show in 2005 and interest in the Impala has grown ever since. Given the celebrity status and the beauty of the car I just had to draw it. I hope you enjoy!

While that certainly is cool, I fail to see how it is KSP fanart....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure why I made this...

dt7tDo3.jpg

OMIp0cz.jpg

On 2017-5-1 at 5:13 AM, esinohio said:

A work in progress.  Recently learned the power of clipping masks in Photoshop so I think I'm going to start from scratch on a new Kerbal posed entirely on my own.  

Clipping masks are one of so many useful things to learn in Photoshop. This is pretty good. 

On 2017-4-24 at 10:40 AM, DiscoSlelge said:

Two days of labor on photoshop : (I never noticed this thread before I should post my further work here)

Have you tried illustrator or inkscape? I reckon your style would work really well in vector.

Edited by Tw1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:45 PM, Tw1 said:

I'm not quite sure why I made this...

dt7tDo3.jpg

OMIp0cz.jpg

Clipping masks are one of so many useful things to learn in Photoshop. This is pretty good. 

Have you tried illustrator or inkscape? I reckon your style would work really well in vector.

I like how you did it, but I don't understand why Jeb has the spinners.

Edited by The Moose In Your House

On 2017-6-6 at 5:42 AM, The Moose In Your House said:

I like how you did it, but I don't understand why Jeb has the spinners.

Me neither. 

I mean, he doesn't really have the fingers to make use if it.  Could be used in space for some gyroscopic experiment but those are my spinners, and I don't want them blowing up on the launchpad. 
The original image was made as a reply for a facebook comment, but I like the comment in my post better. Context is boring.

Edited by Tw1

• 2 weeks later...