Raging Sandwich's Book Collection

The Raging Sandwich

I'm chock-full of ideas for stories and novels. Most of them sci-fi, but some aren't. Here's a list of my ideas and the order I'll be doing them:

Spoiler

Idea 6 (1):

WWIII: A Story of War

Plot: After a large-scale terrorist missile attack on America, a war breaks out. All of the terrorist groups join together, but no one really wants to join America as they are afraid of another world-wide war.

Length goal: 110k words

Will to do it: 9/10

(Only putting this on Wattpad)

Idea 1 (2):

Title: Moon-bound

Plot: A crew of 6 fly the first untested mission of a commercial spacecraft to the Moon on a 30-day journey.

Length goal: 60k words

Will to do it: 8/10

Idea 3 (3):

Title: Operation Red Surface

Plot: A hyper-realistic book that takes place in the Orion Program. Operation Red Surface is the first manned mission to the surface of Mars. It tells the realistic journey from launch to recovery of a crew of 4 as they embark on mankind’s most ambitious journey yet.

Length goal: 80k words

Will to do it: 7/10

Idea 4 (4):

Title: Apollo 11: A Story Perspective

Plot: Fly onboard with Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins on Apollo 11, the first manned lunar landing. It’s a third person point of view of the whole Apollo 11 mission from launch to recovery.

Length goal: 100k words

Will to do it: 7/10

Idea 2 (5):

Title: MARS

Plot: A crew of 7 astronauts are on the first manned Mars landing mission by Space X. However, an unknown force on Mars has plagued almost every other manned mission to the planet, leaving them in disaster. Together with that and the evil force within the crew itself, will the mission survive?

Length goal: 95k words

Will to do it: 6/10

Idea 5 (6)

Title: New Dawn

Plot: A civilization living on a moon of a planet was suddenly picked up by a wandering gas giant and thrown into a wide elliptical orbit around its sun. Determined to stay alive, they decided to mine the planet down to its molten core to create a small star capable of receiving warmth until they loop back around to the shortest part in its orbit to live on the planet sharing the original orbit of the planet.

Length goal: 60k words

Will to do it: 8/10 

Here's my books already being written:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/149532-fly-higher-a-scifi-novel-chapter-2-update/#comment-2794024

https://www.wattpad.com/333316704-world-war-iii-a-war-story-part-1-wip-chapter-1-a (Warning: Violent and potentially offensive)

And the books I have completed:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143762-my-book-outpost-update-chapter-18-the-end-completed/#comment-2675169

As I get started on more ideas, I'll be posting the links to their individual threads above.

As I get more ideas, I'll be putting them down in the comments below.

If you have any suggestions, please put them here!

Edited by The Raging Sandwich
Added the link to WW1: A War Story and completed Outpost

Would it be possible if a planet was bombarded by constant asteroids or other explosions and all that would be left was its molten core (maybe surrounded by a few miles of solid crust with a few breaks or cracks in it)? Or maybe if a gas planet's atmosphere boiled away (If that, is it possible for a gas planet small enough to have a molten core?) leaving only its core?

I only ask that because I have a book idea. When something happens to a civilization's (probably not human) star they have to create their own star using that method of bombarding the crust of another planet or stripping the atmosphere of a nearby gas planet.  

27 minutes ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

Would it be possible if a planet was bombarded by constant asteroids or other explosions and all that would be left was its molten core (maybe surrounded by a few miles of solid crust with a few breaks or cracks in it)? Or maybe if a gas planet's atmosphere boiled away (If that, is it possible for a gas planet small enough to have a molten core?) leaving only its core?

I only ask that because I have a book idea. When something happens to a civilization's (probably not human) star they have to create their own star using that method of bombarding the crust of another planet or stripping the atmosphere of a nearby gas planet.  

Probably not... Super technology might be better.

/joke

Either that, or just get reactors to power huge lightbulbs

/joke

You might be able to break away the crust, but there's still the mantle underneath that.

The atmosphere on gas planets is only a few hundred kilometers thick (AFAIK). Everything beneath that is supercritical. Or, basically, it's neither a gas nor a liquid, but it shares properties with both.

Can't imagine that'll be hot enough to act as a second star. Nevermind, boundary between inner and outer core is comparable to Sol's photosphere. Still, unless you plan on mashing a big planet, I expect it would cool pretty quickly.

In short, you'd find it hard to suspend my disbelief.

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Can't imagine that'll be hot enough to act as a second star. Nevermind, boundary between inner and outer core is comparable to Sol's photosphere. Still, unless you plan on mashing a big planet, I expect it would cool pretty quickly.

In short, you'd find it hard to suspend my disbelief.

The issue isn't really the temperature. Rather, it's how much energy will escape. Not to mention that it'll cool down over time.

21 hours ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

I have heard people say that a Nuclear bomb can turn a gas planet into a star. But im not sure about that though, it sounds impossible to me, but maybe?

9 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I have heard people say that a Nuclear bomb can turn a gas planet into a star. But im not sure about that though, it sounds impossible to me, but maybe?

In 2010: Odyssey 2 (Sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey), Jupiter turned into a star (Not by any nuclear means). I'm not going to use that idea because if I did, it would be unoriginal.

54 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Not possible. If you could induce fusion in a gas giant on a large enough scale it would blow itself apart. Now, if you have super technology, all bets are off.

46 minutes ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

In 2010: Odyssey 2 (Sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey), Jupiter turned into a star (Not by any nuclear means). I'm not going to use that idea because if I did, it would be unoriginal.

There's nothing wrong with being unoriginal. See: Star Wars, Disney Movies, and many more.

One could even argue that there isn't really such a thing as originality. 

It is your decision, of course.

2 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Not possible. If you could induce fusion in a gas giant on a large enough scale it would blow itself apart. Now, if you have super technology, all bets are off.

Yes, during the Galileo mission, people feared that NASA's decision of crashing it into Jupiter's atmosphere would cause the planet to explode because of the probe's nuclear reactor, but that was not the case.

3 hours ago, NSEP said:

(Sort of going off-topic but:)

Does 2001 have sequel? Never knew that!

By the same people?

Yes, there's 2010, 2061, and 3001 all written by Clarke.

On November 18, 2016 at 8:08 PM, The Raging Sandwich said:

Yes, during the Galileo mission, people feared that NASA's decision of crashing it into Jupiter's atmosphere would cause the planet to explode because of the probe's nuclear reactor, but that was not the case.

Yes. Although it wasn't a reactor so much as an RTG.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Work... home... life is pressure. Deal with it.

Doing taxes isn't fun but has to be done. Writing a book is fun but doesn't have to be done, unless you are a professional writer of course.

Im not saying that pressuring others and pressure in general is a thing to be avoided, im just saying that its not entirely polite to pressure others into things into doing things that aren't necessary.

i read but i really dont like to collect books (except for ebooks which just take a tiny bit of drive space and arent too much trouble to keep around). when i buy a real book, i usually read it once and then drop in a donation bin or on one of those book exchange racks you see at airports and the like, or give them to somone who wants to read it. if i wannt to read it again i either buy another copy (or find one in a book exchange/thrift store), read it, and then find it a new home. some readers like to show off all the books theyve read by having really large book shelves but thats not even remotely practical. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.