Landing UKS MKS Modules

gary.townsend

With th eedesign of the UKS modules for 1.2 i'm wondering how people are landing these modules on planets i can see the cradles but how are people landing multiple modules together to form bases. Is it just using vtol engines and then disassembling them after wards? Just looking for some ideas for inspirations short of landing them and tipping them over unless thats the only solution at the moment?

cranes,  and pinpoint landing.  then eject the crane reorbit, refuel and land the next part. 

UKS flex tubes have a huge range to connect bits together. However the frame rate is so bad if you have more than two sections that I no longer build multi part bases. everything I land these days is self contained.  Hydroponics, Mining, and living quaters. 

I haven't gotten to actually trying out yet, but I've got ships on the way that are intended to be attached using KAS and the new Konstruction parts.  (I'm currently playing with a personal patch that adds KAS lifting capability to those parts - I submitted it as a PR as well, and RoverDude has integrated it, so I'm expecting that to be in the next release.)

Even without the lifting helpers, the Konstruction parts are designed to move these around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.