Kerbal Air Racing Set

Castille7

Sector 7 Space Laboratories

Kerbal Air Racing Set

Katateochi (KerbalX Dev) posted this cool idea for an Air Racing Course about a year ago, see it here. When I stumped across this it gave me an idea to make some Pylons to add to the idea. The Pylons are mobile so you can place them on land and on water to design your own course. My craft is named Velocity7 and it's been going through a lot of testing but still not a great craft for running a course like this. I will later try a single engine air craft, that is what this thread is intended for, to encourage others to share their craft design that can run a course like this. Katateochi has one named The Deadbolt MkII (Version 0.90) it has lots of wing surface and looks like a hard banking Aircraft. I have the craft files below if you would like to build a course or you could just use the layout Katateochi has provided (The KSC Obstacle Course). If you decide to build a craft and share it please add the initials K.A.R. to indicate that your craft is designed for Kerbal Air Racing.

0Z0TR34.png

brVX9NY.png

Spoiler

S96r6sr.png

x5gCjiN.png

FI1tq6T.png

MT2wQvh.png

xdhEVQG.png

4dxdbrL.png

vnGvN1J.png

krezHqb.png

Velocity7 - Craft File
Parts: 30
Mass: 11.750t
Height: 4.0m
Width: 8.8m
Length: 10.0m

Race Pylon- Craft File
Parts: 96
Mass: 33.840t
Height: 28.3m
Width: 16.5m
Length: 19.4m

Finish Line Pylon- Craft File
Parts: 76
Mass: 35.130t
Height: 30.2m
Width: 16.5m

Water Pylon- Craft File
Parts: 277
Mass: 73.788t
Height: 29.8m
Width: 25.5m
Length: 30.5m

Bleachers- Craft File
Parts: 129
Mass: 22.612t
Height: 3.0m
Width: 27.8m
Length: 10.8m

Crew Hauler- Craft File
Parts: 56
Mass: 36.903t
Height: 3.3m
Width: 7.3m

Air Racing Course Saved Game Link Here

Edited by Castille7

Ziggy K.A.R.

Right now I would have to say Ziggy is the craft to beat. It is getting outstanding performance for an Air Racing Craft. I am using the FAT-455 control surface for total wing control and it's banking and wing strength is amazing and a must fly!

TxopM6O.png

Craft File

Spoiler

wu7jgf4.png

Mv8ce3p.png

Edited by Castille7

6 minutes ago, Cupcake... said:

I suppose you could upload the whole save game with the pylons already setup. :wink: 

Cupcake...

That would really help to promote this Air Racing but I don't have an account setup to host files, funds are tight here in the Oilfield Industry at this time. :blush: Also the Pylon Craft can get up to 50 m/s if needed and it makes placing them very quick and easy.

Edited by Castille7

18 hours ago, Heckspress said:

but dropbox is free

Lets twist his arm...:D I really don't like the trash that follows free stuff but I do have another computer I could use to do that. I will get this done asap!

Edited by Castille7

Check this out:. It's an old design I have of a plane, and I want to see if it'll work for this.  As of now, I don't have time to try it on my own, so...  Can you try it for me? 

Plane file link:  Fest

When you fly with it, be CAREFUL!  It's extremely swerve-y.  I think.  It's been awhile.  It's also supersonic.  Hence the name.  And, make the rear wheels not steer.  I think I forgot to do that.  Also, it's overpowered.

Edited by MrCalvinator
Intructions

7 minutes ago, MrCalvinator said:

Check this out:. It's an old design I have of a plane, and I want to see if it'll work for this.  As of now, I don't have time to try it on my own, so...  Can you try it for me? 

Plane file link:  Fest

When you fly with it, be CAREFUL!  It's extremely swerve-y.  I think.  It's been awhile.  It's also supersonic.  Hence the name.  And, make the rear wheels not steer.  I think I forgot to do that.

I will check it out as soon as I can!

3 hours ago, MrCalvinator said:

Could you also put some pictures of it on?  Possibly even a video?  It's been a while, and I want to get all nostalgic about it.  Thanks!

Is this craft built in Version 1.2.0?

Edited by Castille7

6 minutes ago, MrCalvinator said:

No.  I think it's from the patch that made the whiplash jet longer.  (Late 1.1 era)

Perhaps you could use the older versions to see what it looks like, then recreate it using the new update.  Maybe.

I'm not sure what it should look like because I loaded it on 1.2.0 and the landing gear sometimes loads different. I will PM you a picture so you can let me know if it looks correct.

2 minutes ago, MrCalvinator said:

Ok.  That's cool.  It should have medium/ large landing gear on the rear wings.

And, um, what does PM mean?  I'm incredibly new here.

oh. Personal message.

Imgur is free and simple to use if you want to send a picture or share them on here, that's what a few of us use on here.

45 minutes ago, MrCalvinator said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so rude.

Not at all, I didn't think it! :D

1 hour ago, Vlos said:

Can use this mod for de races!

* Flies away. Fast.

Nice mod! Didn't know they had something like this, thanks for sharing it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.