Xbox award!!???

RW1984

Despite your distaste for the console port- it is still an upstanding product in it's intent. There is no game of it's scale currently on console. Yes there are major problems, I'm not ignoring them. However the scale of the game and the fact this is Squad's first, it is an accomplishment for them.

Much like early rocketry, it was a disaster, but it was a disaster they moved on with. NASA had a 33% failure rate of all it's Titan rockets in the early 60s; a rocket which would be adjusted to be man rated later on. Squad is very much in the same predicament; they are making a large scale product with lots of promises and seeing as it's in it's earliest stages, yes. There will be problems.

"But Zoo it's been a YEAR", I know. Just remember what's going on at Squad HQ. All but 2(?) developers left. So with already loose ties with FTE this will put a considerable strain on development; for both PC and consoles. This doesn't mean they've given up and want you to endlessly suffer, but rather that promises have been pushed back. However having been part of this community for 4 years, I can definitely say that Squad is working hard at fixing this and making it worthy of this award. "But Zoo you haven't played the console ports, what do you know?!", maybe I haven't. But it doesn't mean I don't know the struggles of a "In-Development" game. "Zoo, it's released, it should be a working product by now!", again this is Squad's first attempt at this. No game is perfect in it's first release, and that includes games like Alien Isolation which had a budget which is so great compared to Squad's that yes, it IS in space. Or if you REALLY want to get technical, you could consider the fact that there was a game released 25 years ago called "Action 52" which was sold for $200 (now equalivant to $354.52 (USD)). In an age where DLC's, updates, and patch fixes weren't a thing. Compared to people in 1991 when it was released (who DIDN'T have the internet to check the reputation of games), we're getting off easy.

Just my thoughts. But hey, I'm a PC player. What do I know?

18 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Despite your distaste for the console port- it is still an upstanding product in it's intent. There is no game of it's scale currently on console. Yes there are major problems, I'm not ignoring them. However the scale of the game and the fact this is Squad's first, it is an accomplishment for them.

Much like early rocketry, it was a disaster, but it was a disaster they moved on with. NASA had a 33% failure rate of all it's Titan rockets in the early 60s; a rocket which would be adjusted to be man rated later on. Squad is very much in the same predicament; they are making a large scale product with lots of promises and seeing as it's in it's earliest stages, yes. There will be problems.

"But Zoo it's been a YEAR", I know. Just remember what's going on at Squad HQ. All but 2(?) developers left. So with already loose ties with FTE this will put a considerable strain on development; for both PC and consoles. This doesn't mean they've given up and want you to endlessly suffer, but rather that promises have been pushed back. However having been part of this community for 4 years, I can definitely say that Squad is working hard at fixing this and making it worthy of this award. "But Zoo you haven't played the console ports, what do you know?!", maybe I haven't. But it doesn't mean I don't know the struggles of a "In-Development" game. "Zoo, it's released, it should be a working product by now!", again this is Squad's first attempt at this. No game is perfect in it's first release, and that includes games like Alien Isolation which had a budget which is so great compared to Squad's that yes, it IS in space. Or if you REALLY want to get technical, you could consider the fact that there was a game released 25 years ago called "Action 52" which was sold for $200 (now equalivant to $354.52 (USD)). In an age where DLC's, updates, and patch fixes weren't a thing. Compared to people in 1991 when it was released (who DIDN'T have the internet to check the reputation of games), we're getting off easy.

Just my thoughts. But hey, I'm a PC player. What do I know?

Wondered when the obligatory condescending pc player would show up. You said you haven't played the console version of ksp so youve no idea what you're talking about.  You said that they're working on it??? First of all they've being saying that for four months!! Secondly a member of squads staff told me that FTE aren't working on a patch. It seems things have broken down between these two companies and they've left us with a broken game,  sure why not pick up some awards along the way.

1 minute ago, RW1984 said:

Wondered when the obligatory condescending pc player would show up. You said you haven't played the console version of ksp so youve no idea what you're talking about.  You said that they're working on it??? First of all they've being saying that for four months!! Secondly a member of squads staff told me that FTE aren't working on a patch. It seems things have broken down between these two companies and they've left us with a broken game,  sure why not pick up some awards along the way.

Yeah. I haven't played ANY games on console which have EVER have ANY similar issues. So therefore any and ALL judgement should be discarded.

[/sarcasm]

Seriously though. Squad's likely working on it.

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Yeah. I haven't played ANY games on console which have EVER have ANY similar issues. So therefore any and ALL judgement should be discarded.

[/sarcasm]

Seriously though. Squad's likely working on it.

What exactly are they working on?

4 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'd wager my money on fixing console problems, console updates along with PC development.

You speak with such authority despite not having a clue whats going on, it's actually pretty impressive. Squad told me that FTE won't cooperate anymore and squad need them to fix the game,  doesn't sound like much progress is being made. Mark my words this game is staying good and broken for a long time.

7 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

You speak with such authority despite not having a clue whats going on, it's actually pretty impressive. Squad told me that FTE won't cooperate anymore and squad need them to fix the game,  doesn't sound like much progress is being made. Mark my words this game is staying good and broken for a long time.

Unless Squad wants to work on the port independently. Is that not an option?

The only "authority" I speak with is experience. 4 years of it. Along with knowing other independent game development groups. 

You also have come to assume I'm here to tell you "stop being angry, and grow up". I'm not. For saying that is to say you have no reason to be angry, when in fact you do have a very good reason. What I would prefer to say "keep your torches lit and keep your pitchforks on hand, but keep faith in Squad". Many people have basically considered Squad to be a big monster when in fact their not. Yes, they made a poor decision releasing the console port as they did. However they are trying to clean up the mess.

So yes; continue to bang down their doors asking for updates. Just don't give up on them.

That's all I want taken from what I have been saying; don't lose faith. They will fix it.

The discussion has been going around and around about one point for quite a while; are the console purchasers justified in being angry? Answer: it doesn't matter if they are justified. They ARE angry, and being told they shouldn't be only makes them angrier. It's human nature. You folks on the other side would feel the same way if someone was telling you not to be angry about something you care about. So since everyone has already said his/her piece on this matter several times by now, it's time the discussion moved on. From now on, please stop telling console users they shouldn't be angry. It's off-topic and could even be considered trolling. 

7 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

The discussion has been going around and around about one point for quite a while; are the console purchasers justified in being angry? Answer: it doesn't matter if they are justified. They ARE angry, and being told they shouldn't be only makes them angrier. It's human nature. You folks on the other side would feel the same way if someone was telling you not to be angry about something you care about. So since everyone has already said his/her peace on this matter several times by now, it's time the discussion moved on. From now on, please stop telling console users they shouldn't be angry. It's off-topic and could even be considered trolling. 

You likely missed my last comment specifically stating the opposite.... just in case your interested.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

1 hour ago, RW1984 said:

If this is true, Squad needs to tell us consumers.   We have a right to know if work is even being done to fix the broken product.   was this in a private communication with squad?

Funny thing is; I AM on the other side. I've never owned a console and I am damned sure I never will. I may question console players poor choice of hardware but I agree with them on this completely. KSP was advertised to console players as a working product, they paid for it as a working product therefore they are in their right to expect a working product.
Any manufacturer would have recalled his product as soon as it was clear it was flawed. And there is no doubt KSP on console is VERY flawed. But instead it's still up there. People are still paying full price for a product that simply does not deliver. They have EVERY right to be angry.

Edited by Tex_NL

6 minutes ago, klesh said:

Jeeze guys, I posted this here on Sunday but no one noticed.  I figured it would cause some discussion.  Strangely the xbox tweet doesnt explain what the award is actually for.

My apologies for not noticing your post. I'm as baffled as you are, I'd love to know what this award is actually for. It's crazy considering the state of the game on release and the fact that the only patch released is a bust.

44 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

My apologies for not noticing your post. I'm as baffled as you are, I'd love to know what this award is actually for. It's crazy considering the state of the game on release and the fact that the only patch released is a bust.

Hey no sweat mang, I was just wondering why no one had commented, it wasnt seen very much.  No biggie!

Maybe its a recognition for a company's first game on the xbox marketplace or store or whatever its called?  Its clearly not an award for a great ported game, nor probably one for smashing some sales figure.  

Award-Participation-Goes-Blue-Detail.jpg

With real life airplanes, we would say:

"This thing is hard to see, and we have to look left to fiddle with our widgets when we need to be looking right to execute our tactical over-squeeze maneuver!".

"The oversqueeze maneuver only needs you to look right if you aren't using your new device to under-loosen the butter churn!"

"Alright!  so here is a test protocol for DER to verify that the underloosening churn screen does in fact conform to its type certificate data sheet with the currently modified systems and that the oversqueeze maneuver can be accomplished at least to standards set in (Government or Defense operations or Training Regulatory Citation)."

"You're bald and ugly!"

We would go round and round like that between departments for months leaving half-developed products in the field with onerous restrictions to capability or utilization rates.  Dysfunction is ubiquitous.  I'd say we all need to temper our expectations a bit and realize that solutions are indeed coming, but we may be waiting a long long time.  Also, I adjusted my technical jargon to sound nonsensical because, in real life, we're all much more ridiculous than we think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.