Map view ships disappear, don't see all asteroids.

I'm having problems with Map View. Sometimes, other (not the current one) ship icons disappear (fade out) on their tracks. If you didn't hover your mouse on the icon in time, it will fade out into nothingness and you'll have to exit and enter the map view again. This problem is not all that big, at least there's a workaround. The problem with asteroids is more serious: for example, the icons on top of the Map View say that there are currently 7 asteroids visible, but I can see only three. I'm pretty sure that these are the parts of the same problem - asteroids too fade out for some reason.

In order to isolate the reason I want to ask is anyone having the same problems with stock (unmodded installs) or perhaps someone knows what might be the issue here.

The icons are supposed to do that. Yes, they do it in stock. There have been several feedbacks to the devs that the fadeout times are too quick. You can also get the ship to fade back in if you look from the correct direction at the correct magnification (especially if you are looking from the same SOI as the faded out ship). Maybe a button to temporarily unfade all ships would be nice. I haven't looked closely at the asteroids -- maybe the fading is a more serious issue there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.