[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Woah. Don't get too enthusiastic now. :blush: But yes. To some extent a kerbal Olympus Town shall come to exist. I know what other parts mods to look at for most of the exterior and if necessary, I still have a copy of KSP 1.1.3 to build it in.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The alternate launch sites and RemoteTech stations are indeed coming, along with perfect 6.4x and 10x Sigma scales.

:D

Looks like my upgrade path from 3.2x is clear. When it's time to make things harder again (after R&D has made things a bit easier) 6.4x will be on the menu.

Gorgeous work @Galileo made my first landing on Iota today! 

I was surprised at how polished the highlands were... Disturbingly so. The textures are VERY pretty but the surface looks unnaturally plain for an airless moon :S Perhaps a few craters to mar the surface? 

Still, a new adventure and an amazing planet pack! Looking forward to more exploring!! 

HxjoObf.png 

The Command module and lander, docekd, before the descent

Y5yv8rx.png

Collecting sceince before the ascent back to the Command Module

@iliketrains0pwned The settings you want to change are SunlightColor, ScaledSunlightColor and likely IVASunColor. The values format are RGBA 0-1, not 0-255, and no need to change the fourth value.

If you don't use Scatterer, also change SunLensFlareColor. If you do use Scatterer, I can help you insall one of Galileo's Sun Flares and make Ciro look (at least partially) the part as well.

2t4zvCJ.png

(This screenshot from @RocketPCGaming)

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I have a question about resources (Squad's stock "ore" framework) and Lily. I apologize in advance if this has already been asked as I have not read through all 30 pages of this thread and I'm not sure if I trust the "This Topic" search function built into the forums.

The stock ore scanner aka "M700 Survey Scanner" doesn't seem to work with Lily. It claims that it will only work from an altitude outside of Lily's SoI. I think it wanted to be in a 25km polar orbit or something, where Lily's SoI is approximately 10km.

Is this a bug? Or was it intentional for this survey scanner to not be appropriate for Lily?

@thecross There's no bug or accident here. Lilly is too small to have a decent SOI and which was actually forced to be larger, to be its current and still minimal size. It was not our intent that players cannot use the orbital scanner but we're not going to change anything there. You must use the surface sampler and/or Narrowband Scanner and feel out any Ore presence.

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@thecross There's no bug or accident here. Lilly is too small to have a decent SOI and which was actually forced to be larger, to be its current and still minimal size. It was not our intent that players cannot use the orbital scanner but we're not going to change anything there. You must use the surface sampler and/or Narrowband Scanner and feel out any Ore presence.

Ok, thank you for the clarification, I will go for the surface/narrowband scanners.

I am interested to see if mining Lily is even remotely worth it! Just staying on the surface is not easy without expending delta-V. If I remember correctly things not an "asteroid" or a "vessel" cannot be grabbed with the claw, right?

4 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I like the look of those pics. What's Reshade V 3.0.5 and is it available somewhere?

Just type reshade into google , there is a forum an other stuff to explain it . The add on is free , You need to download the installer , point it at your KSP Folder and check the Directx 9 Option . File size is only 22mb . Once you start the game and your say on the launch pad hit SHIFT+ F2 and it will take you through the first time run .

Since updating to KSP 1.2 I cannot get this beautiful mod to show up in KSP. why is this?

I have installed everything correctly...but I am unsuccessful. Is it something to do with Kopernicus? The version of Kopernicus that Comes with GPP is not compatible with KSP. I'v tried other versions...to no avail...Maybe there is a version of Kopernicus out there that will solve this problem?

The mod itself does not show in game and the planets have not changed. KSP remains Stock.

HELP!

@KERBALINA, the GPP download does not include Kopernicus.  You have to download and install that separately.  You must make sure you use the Kopernicus that matches the version of KSP that you're running.  For instance, if you are running KSP 1.2.2, then you need to use Kopernius 1.2.2-2, which is the latest version.  You also need to install Modular Flight Intergrator and Module Manager.  Both of those come with the Kopernicus download, but you might have to check the Module Manager thread to make sure you have the latest version.

21 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

@KERBALINA, the GPP download does not include Kopernicus.  You have to download and install that separately.  You must make sure you use the Kopernicus that matches the version of KSP that you're running.  For instance, if you are running KSP 1.2.2, then you need to use Kopernius 1.2.2-2, which is the latest version.  You also need to install Modular Flight Intergrator and Module Manager.  Both of those come with the Kopernicus download, but you might have to check the Module Manager thread to make sure you have the latest version.

I have KSP 1.2.0.1586, Which Kopernicus mod will suit?

I have yet to try any mods that change the stock system so this looks like a great new way to play KSP. I have a few questions.

#1 From what I can tell there is a planned update in the future? Not asking for an exact ETA but is it more in the ballpark of "Play some other games for now" Or "After SpaceX relaunches a rocket" ? Not trying to be rude. I just would like to know when to plan on my next save.

#2 One of the things I disliked about the contracts in my last save was that I never got the initial exploration contracts after then Mun. Does Galileo do more to encourage the player to explore new destinations?

#3 Does that atmospheric changes encourage the use of boosters and higher TWR at launch?

@KERBALINA Have you tried Kopernicus 1.2.0-3? But in particular, I can assure you that GPP is compatible with KSP 1.2.1 but not 1.2.0. Sadly, your only solution is to upgrade your game.

49 minutes ago, AbhChallenger said:

I have yet to try any mods that change the stock system so this looks like a great new way to play KSP. I have a few questions.

#1 From what I can tell there is a planned update in the future? Not asking for an exact ETA but is it more in the ballpark of "Play some other games for now" Or "After SpaceX relaunches a rocket" ? Not trying to be rude. I just would like to know when to plan on my next save.

#2 One of the things I disliked about the contracts in my last save was that I never got the initial exploration contracts after then Mun. Does Galileo do more to encourage the player to explore new destinations?

#3 Does that atmospheric changes encourage the use of boosters and higher TWR at launch?

1. Honestly, I recommend you check back at New Year's. We still have a good few updates remaining to do + real-life matters are really in the way at this time.
  2. I'm not sure what to say about contracts. We haven't prepared anything for custom and GPP-specific contracts, but for encouraging exploration of new destinations, Gael's moons have different stats to Kerbin's moons and have less biomes to dampen the old issue of players completing their tech trees before going interplanetary. And there's a resource system overhaul to make players think differently with mining equipment and their choices of fuel. Above all, this mod encourages travel in the fact that the worlds are all entirely original and there are far more of them in just one planet pack. Some streamers who're using GPP have gotten contracts to explore other worlds in due time in their careers so I say it's all good.
  3. The atmosphere changes aren't significant. For craft construction purposes Gael shares identical stats to Kerbin. However, KSC being off the equator encourages design for increased dV before even going to the homeworld's moons.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

@AbhChallenger @Arsonide

#2: i think this was due to a bug in 1.1 SQUAD fixed during 1.2.x development. Now there is at least one exploration contract either active or in the waiting for being accepted -
sometimes the cel.bodies are repeated e.g.
1st -flyby Duna; -recover science
2nd -orbit Duna; -rendezvous two vessels
3rd -EVA; -return from Duna

@JadeOfMaar @Galileo

The Planet Pack looks fantastic
Is 64bit required because it needs more than 4GB RAM? (I always run 64bit but only have 4GB, Win8)

Edited by KroShan