[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

@Tyko The interface style for the planet info pictures is from Elite: Dangerous. You won't find it in KSP.

4 hours ago, Luovahulluus said:

Places like that are exactly where I would like a contract pack to take me.

We're getting to something like that actually. It will come very soon.

@The-Doctor That skybox is from EVE Online. You can get it and others through my signature.

16 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

Success!! finally.  Lilly is a rotating potato of challenge:

CKoMCqO.jpg

Hello Steven Mading,

i also did it.

o:bHoH42L.jpg

i tried first to land at an equatorial place but the surface speed is much to high. You will get thrown away out of the SOI of Lilly. It is really weird.

So you also had the idea to land at the Poles - great.

By the way - I never thougt to land my whole Mothership, but it worked. Did you also explored Tellumo? I used a Spaceplane. There is an Image 1 or 2 pages back in this thread.

Edited by astroheiko

On 25.1.2017 at 0:36 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I bet you're wondering if this is still even KSP.

That aside, Iota and Ceti were in a fabulous position. This is a mid-game or late-game station concept.

TSveilq.jpg

I WANT THIS SKYBOX!!!! PLSSSSSSS

Can I have it?

Love this one ;-;

3 hours ago, doudou said:

Hi, there is a new waypoint manager update, can I do it or is it a special version for GPP that is included in your pack?

@Galileo GPP's setup only adds or changes icons. It's no problem to update then reapply our stuff on top of it. :D 

@DarkFighter I'm thinking of making a mission report thread as well. I'm sure some folks would like to kerbalize for my sci-fi :science: quest.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Galileo GPP's setup only adds or changes icons. It's no problem to update then reapply our stuff on top of it. :D 

I figured but I havent checked to see what changed with the latest update, so I was just trying to play it safe so we don't get bombarded with "this is broken" like I'm getting with SVE and Scatterer. If it is that easy then cool. 

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Hello, @Galileo! I'm a huge fan of this mod, but I was wondering if it were available in any larger sizes than x1? I find a lot of mods to be pretty overpowered, so I usually just bump up the planet size, but I also want to play with GPP! It's a predicament, as you can see.

Included in the download are cfgs for sigma dimensions at 3.2x 6.4x and 10x so you should be covered. Just download sigma and drop one of the cfgs into your gamedata folder

Edited by Galileo

And I've got 2 more questions: 1. ARE THE STORMS/RINGS ON NERO REALLY MOVING?

2. How did you make the Star Trek-style view of the planets?

Edited by DarkFighter

47 minutes ago, DarkFighter said:

And I've got 2 more questions: 1. ARE THE STORMS/RINGS ON NERO REALLY MOVING?

2. How did you make the Star Trek-style view of the planets?

Yes the storm bands are moving and the view of the planets is from elite dangerous. @JadeOfMaar did this work in photoshop :)

Playing in 6.4x style:

I am thinking about starting a new game and want to ask you, does anyone has experience playiing this in 6.4x?

Sea level gravities of those planets near Gael seem to be pretty high. There is no Mars equivalent? But planets have massive gravitation and thick atmospheres. So sample returns might be impossible in most cases. What do you think?

I guess playing this in RSS size would be to much an unrealistic challange ...

@New Horizons I can't give tips for playing in an upscaled system but I can tell you that the high gravity of Gael's immediate neighbors are intentional. GPP does not try to be very familiar with Stock and Stockalike otherwise it would be just another solar system mod and wouldn't appeal as much to players who are tired of Kerbin and the stock planets at any scale. :) 

Niven is Venus-like (yellow, very warm, bone-dry) but also Mars-like (very thin, very calm atmosphere, has flats, craters and fissures and only 0.5g). The other Mars-like planet is Gratian (after Tellumo). It's actually red, has sandstorms and ice caps but in its stats it highly compares to Laythe. The best fit (although it's rather far away) is Augustus, moon of Otho and another yellow body but which compares better with Duna than Niven does).

If you can't handle upscaled GPP then you may not know your mods very well. Other forum members are happily playing 10x GPP right now, such as @MaxL_1023 and @RocketPCGaming 

Out of curiosity, what's the planetary progression in this system look like? I've been obsessing over SSTOs lately so I haven't made it past Iota and Ceti yet, but would love to begin exploring some of the other planets! What would the first logical choice be for an eventual manned mission (and return)?