[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

39 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Don't copy "GPP Kerbal Konstructs" into your GameDate folder.  You have to drill deeper and copy the contents of the GameDate folder of the .zip to the GameDate folder of your KSP installation.  In the .zip file your will find,

Sorry, I added an "EDIT" paragraph at the top of my post, as I found out about this seconds after posting, bug I guess I should've deleted the post. I thought it good for others who might run into this problem.

Thanks for the help!

Jannah has an interesting surface. I suppose that is an impact crater?

f0QGosf.jpg

Is the moon actally rotation-bound? I tried to get Otho across the horizon near the equator at the Abyss for a nice picture. That did not work. For that I caught him at the North Pole.

KCT7Scr.jpg

Greetings

Edit: Well, finally - something I've been looking for.

drAYbiC.jpg

Edited by astroheiko

I was wondering if there would be be clouds added for some of the various bodies? I understand there being no clouds for the bodies that have 0.01 atmosphere, but for planets like Niven, and moons like Tarsiss and Catullus shouldn't there be clouds since their atmospheres are thick enough to support some kind of weather system?

39 minutes ago, EleSigma said:

I was wondering if there would be be clouds added for some of the various bodies? I understand there being no clouds for the bodies that have 0.01 atmosphere, but for planets like Niven, and moons like Tarsiss and Catullus shouldn't there be clouds since their atmospheres are thick enough to support some kind of weather system?

Catullus has clouds. I don't have plans for anymore than what I have already added

23 minutes ago, sanderlebau said:

Is it possible to use any of the custom launch sites from Kerbal Konstructs as launch points with this mod?

short answer is no.

Long answer is :not unless you change the altitude, longitude and latitude  of each static to work with GPP. if you try to use it without making the necessary changes the sites will likely end up way underground or floated above the terrain. 

Just use KSCSwitcher which is included in GPP unless you are willing to do the work to make them compatible

Edited by Galileo

28 minutes ago, Galileo said:

short answer is no.

Long answer is :not unless you change the altitude, longitude and latitude  of each static to work with GPP. if you try to use it without making the necessary changes the sites will likely end up way underground or floated above the terrain. 

Just use KSCSwitcher which is included in GPP unless you are willing to do the work to make them compatible

I can't seem to find the way to toggle that

I made an Icarus rover. How does it look? I even included a plough in case it will be snowing!

G7nGeLv.png

2VVrNFc.png

I will first do some mapping and science from the orbit, then land on the surface and drive around for a while. Does this craft have any chance of surviving? The wheelbase is a little narrow and CoG is higher than I'd like, but I made a kOS script that should keep it upright. Nearly all the parts are connected to the central fueltank. This way they should be protected from overheating, right? Is that one antenna enough?

@Luovahulluus

Snowplough, that's good.:P

The cooling could be just enough. I recommend testing the Rover before it gets serious. With F12 opens a cheat menu with which you can bring the rover into an orbit around Icarus. Before, of course, save the game. So you can also test the landing approach. In the case of the antenna, it depends on whether you have already established relay stations on other planets. If you bring a relay at your transfer stage, then it could be enough.

I always do it when I do not know exactly what is coming to me. Afterwards, I load my save and make changes or, if everything is good, I start the mission.

Edited by astroheiko

6 hours ago, RocketPCGaming said:

If anyone is still having issues understanding how to install this epic mod, I will be streaming the install process @ https://www.twitch.tv/rocketpcgaming starting in about 10 minutes!

It is a bit of a bear to get everything installed right, I flubbed a few things when I first downloaded it.

I have now landed on Augustus. I left the mothership in the orbit around Jannah, so I do not have to refuel permanently. 

The Otho system is really well done, everywhere you have to make beautiful pictures. You've done it - I'm no longer here because of science, I'm here because of the pictures.

oBwP6vh.jpg

At the front is Augustus, in the background Otho.

iKraH3e.jpg

The rest I hide in a spoiler, otherwise it will be too much.

Spoiler

rV8oxaU.jpg

cpgnkSo.jpg

Greetings

27 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Gauss doesn't seem quite right...

784v9K3.png

...restarted the game a few times, issue persists... It has clouds in the map view, just not flight.

Do you have scatterer eclipses off by chance?

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Do you have scatterer eclipses off by chance?

I do actually... and ok, yep, that's the badger:

kyBsqHp.png

...but I'm not going to go back and re-shoot all the Catullus, Tarsiss, and Loki visits I did, because that's just too hard now. Although I admit I am irked that I was 100 m/s short of parking in orbit and just keep passing by Loki every few months without it really changing my trajectory enough capture next time. Catullus is a pain to scan if you can't aerobrake, didn't realise how tight around it I'd have to get and lost a lot of delta-v circularising and then breaking orbit again. Should have started at Loki and moved outwards :/ 

In other news, I'm on the brink of kicking my 3.2x config out completely because I realised I can't do any fancy gravity assists with it. 1x moons don't offer the required pull to capture from 4-5km/s arrival speeds. It's messed up the usual astro-navigation features and given me a weirdly imbalanced game.

On 02/03/2017 at 0:05 PM, Luovahulluus said:

I made an Icarus rover. How does it look? I even included a plough in case it will be snowing!

I will first do some mapping and science from the orbit, then land on the surface and drive around for a while. Does this craft have any chance of surviving? The wheelbase is a little narrow and CoG is higher than I'd like, but I made a kOS script that should keep it upright. Nearly all the parts are connected to the central fueltank. This way they should be protected from overheating, right? Is that one antenna enough?

Aluminium snow maybe :)

As long as you have decent reaction wheels and keep them turned on, it'll be fine. Make sure to remap your wheel controls so that turning left doesn't also try to roll you over. After that, SAS will just keep you on course and vertical :)  The obvious question is; have you driven it on Gael? Because Gael's rough terrain is probably worse than Icarus has to offer, so if it survives at home it should do ok on the mission. I'd wager that anything on the underside will get scraped off after a few km... maybe that doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't blow up the main body when it goes.

Personally I would consider more cooling... The antenna depends on whether you have an orbiter with a relay. If you send a transfer stage that stays up, then you can lighten the antenna requirements on the lander by quite a lot.

Edited by eddiew

Here is a picture of my visit to Hephaestus. A tip to all who go into this system: All moons of Otho are rotation-bound, therefore it is sometimes very long dark. Besides, Otho throws his shadow on Augustus very long. Solar cells are not very effective here.

sOJSlaN.jpg

After all biomes were visited, I went back to my mothership in orbit from Jannah. Everything packaged and straightened home.

gWiSJ4f.jpg

1h6K7KU.jpg

Greetings

@eddiew I'll have to fix that in the next update. I know what's causing it but I can't for the life of me remember what needs to change to fix that issue with scatterer eclipses. I won't be home until tomorrow night to give you the answer. Although I bet if you check back a dozen or so pages on scatterers thread you will find the fix. I had the same issue with SVE a while back

I was looking through some configuration files trying to see if I could find something to justify what I just experienced: I scanned every body in GPP with the Research Bodies telescope, from in Gael's SOI. Looking at the specs from the included PDF that came with GPP I'm pretty sure some things should be out of 75Mkm range from Gael. I see a config for an upgrade to the telescope that increases the range to 800Mkm, I'm using Engineering Tech Tree so this isn't part of my tree. Any chance it is being applied somehow, or that I can tell if it is the cause for me being able to scan beyond my intended means?

@Tynrael The ResearchBodies telescope is just being weird. I just realized the part upgrade config for that is very malformed and may be why it can see so far so soon, among other things. I believe it's fixed now, and I'm pretty happy there's finally an update on its GitHub.

This is not tested yet but if you will, replace the contents of range_ResearchBodies.cfg with this and let me know how it works out.

*Some stats might change between now and the next release day.

Spoiler

@PART[TrackBodiesTelescope]:NEEDS[GPP]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleTrackBodies]
	{
		showUpgradesInModuleInfo = true
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = TrackBodiesTelescope-ES
				difficulty = 6
				scienceReward = 25
				minAltitude = 500000
				maxTrackDistance = 800000000000						
				electricChargeRequest = 30
			}
		}
	}
}

PARTUPGRADE:NEEDS[GPP]
{
	name = TrackBodiesTelescope-ES
	partIcon = TrackBodiesTelescope
	techRequired = largeUnmanned	
	entryCost = 25000
	title = TB-75M-ES Telescope
	description = No longer just another telescope part, the ES upgrade enables sight beyond sight, and tagging planets beyond planets! ...Or food chunks in kerbonauts' teeth up to 800 million kilometers away! Electric charge requirement per use should now be 30.
	maxTrackDistance = 800000000000
	electricChargeRequest = 30
}

Edited by JadeOfMaar