[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I love talking about Germany and Europe in general. I had so much fun there. If people start taking about it its hard for me to shut up :)

Haha, we all have topics we can't shut up about. Germany is something special. Before I got here I thought I would be bored endlessly since I won't have a PC when I arrive, but that was prooven wrong immediately. I live at the southeast edge of the city so I can see the Alps when I go out and it's a clear day. 

Just now, Antonio432 said:

Haha, we all have topics we can't shut up about. Germany is something special. Before I got here I thought I would be bored endlessly since I won't have a PC when I arrive, but that was prooven wrong immediately. I live at the southeast edge of the city so I can see the Alps when I go out and it's a clear day. 

I was so impressed with Germany that i am thinking about moving back when i finish school.. I miss it

16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I was so impressed with Germany that i am thinking about moving back when i finish school.. I miss it

It is a great country. Beautiful landscapes and cities. It is alot more expensive than my old home though but the pay is higher too so it balances out. Though my family is alot better financially now, before we didn't dare to buy anything that is even a little expensive. 

Edited by Antonio432

40 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I anticipated that Hephaestus and especially Jannah would go ignored (I even hint at it in Jannah's description) but that was when they had very bland appearances.

Hephaestus back then.

Hide contents

bfjVNsf.jpg

So far my only worry about lack of visitors is either Hox or Leto since they look very similar, although Hox has a moon and Leto may receive visitors because it is the furthest planet.

4 minutes ago, Antonio432 said:

So far my only worry about lack of visitors is either Hox or Leto since they look very similar, although Hox has a moon and Leto may receive visitors because it is the furthest planet.

I'm not worried about them and I wouldn't say they look alike. Hox ought to get plenty of attention because it has an atmosphere and a moon. And there is someone out there with a mission thread looking to get to Leto in 10x GPP.

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm not worried about them and I wouldn't say they look alike. Hox ought to get plenty of attention because it has an atmosphere and a moon. And there is someone out there with a mission thread looking to get to Leto in 10x GPP.

That is good. I thought they were similar becazse they were both gray planetoids on the edge of the system. It has been a long time since I checked the github wiki so my memory might be bad.

Edit: Indeed was I mistaken. Hox is more circular and lighter gray, but Leto is lumpier and darker gray.

Edited by Antonio432

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Can you post your output log?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_wAo_KZdHCrXzQ2a19NSzA3T0U

So i updated my video drivers, no effect.  I tried with a minimal install, no effect.  Tried taking off my -popupwindow option from my shortcut, didnt help.  I recently installed this to play around with a couple old iPads I had, to see if it might be feasible to use them as MFD screens via something like Telemachus.  Tried disabling that before launching the game, but didn't help.  Tried uninstalling it, and jackpot, that fixed the yellow/black striping.  I still get that fuzzy blue line on the horizon, but I think that first showed up when I tried the 10x rescale, and it kind of vanishes when you get a little altitude. 

BQR6beb.png

@eberkain that blue line is just a thing that happens when scatterer is scaled that size. It's unfortunate but it's not something I can fix myself I don't think. As for the yellow stripy thing, that weird it was happening in your game without dx11. Perhaps the issue is not a dx11 issue after all.

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Antonio432 said:

Leto has at least one extremely good reason to make a round trip. You'll either have to go there or cheat to find out what it is. It's more fun if you don't cheat and discover it on your own.

Someone lost a bet, and as a result Jebediah gets to design the Tellumo lander. So we are going from a small, sensible lander to a monstrous truck that will roam the planet. The rover will be kerballed and will receive more supplies (TAC-LS) every transfer window, until someone figures out how to rescue the crew. For the journey (and snack shortage emergencies) there are three Deep Freeze cryo chambers with plenty of glykerol.

e7Jcv6Y.png

Notice Jeb and Bill posing for scale :) The hull is from OPT Spaceplane Parts and the wheels are from KerbalFoundries.

But how do you land something on Tellumo, which weighs nearly 40 tons and doesn't fit behind the 10m heat shield? Any suggestions?

Edited by Luovahulluus

@JadeOfMaar, @Galileo

Okay so I've been doing some testing and have some results on the Science Definitions front...

#1.  Custom definitions have made every single problem I've had go away once I've written them into the definitions file or MM'd them in via #id tag.

#2.  I also found a problem between [x]Science! and GPP which I've reported on that thread.  Summation: Educated guess is that it has a problem with the missing sun.  Adding in custom definitions still did not allow [x] to detect there were eligible experiments to run in test cases.  I was testing with Sounding Rockets as it has been problematic for me personally.

#3.  I verified both #1 & #2 by installing Experiment Tracker (without [x] installed).  Without the custom definition, ET was unable to detect there was an eligible experiment just like [x].  However, once I added the custom definition ET saw the experiment just fine and ran it with no problem while [x] still did not see it.

Conclusion: Z-Key needs to get [x]Science updated to handle whatever is going on behind the scenes that is preventing it from seeing some experiments.  Furthermore, the proposed solution of writing custom definitions appears to solve most of the problems that are, at least in part, seemingly related to the missing sun.  The best way of course is the method that is already used in the GPP config files by MM patching them in via #id tag.  That should prevent any issues that may arise related to masks which are set in the experiment ID already.

Caveat: Someone needs to go through every experiment that will have a custom definition written and identify the Experiment ID and the situation/biome masks in order to have the definition file built properly.  This can be...welllllll....rather frustrating at times.  Many mods that add science experiments do not write complete definition files and will frequently be missing entries that are eligible for the experiment to run.  For instance, an experiment with a situation mask allowing it be run while landed but have none of the surface definitions written.  The authors chose to rely on a "default" definition instead to cover them all like Sounding Rockets.  This means that the situation and biome mask needs to be translated into entries (e.g. GaelSrfLandedPligiaShores) for the custom definition file and it has to be done for every single experiment...painful to say the least and very time consuming.  This also relies on having a knowledge of each body and its associated biomes to make sure all cases are covered.

If a list of mods which have experiments in them can be provided to me I will volunteer to extract the information we need to build the definition file.  This DOES NOT mean I will write all the definitions but I will extract the fields we need in order to begin writing them.

I think that covers it all...LOL. :confused:  Thoughts, ideas, input?  I'll test anything else you may feel I missed along the way.

What's with the purple ground in the Ceti lowlands? Some kind of organic sludge?

Also I finally reached another planet, Niven, and noticed that it looks a lot like our solar system's Titan. Titan has this little high ground that looks like Great Britain so I recognized it immediately when I saw it on Niven. :)

A USI Salamander survey ship reaches orbit after leaving the Gaelian base in the Ceti lowlands...

RsbNn8N.jpg

4 minutes ago, Starfire70 said:

What's with the purple ground in the Ceti lowlands? Some kind of organic sludge?

Also I finally reached another planet, Niven, and noticed that it looks a lot like our solar system's Titan. Titan has this little high ground that looks like Great Britain so I recognized it immediately when I saw it on Niven. :)

Niven is just a recolored titan :)

as for the colors on Ceti, it can be organic goo if you want it to be.. I was just going for something a little more unique, much like how the stock system has Minmus. No real reason for the coloration though

1 hour ago, Starfire70 said:

Ceti's colors and resemblance to organics are why it is described as gross and already digested. :wink: (...Except that one thing in the science about caramel at the poles)

your salamander interests me. :) Career or sandbox?

@Galileo @JadeOfMaar

Thank you Chummer's for Really Great Job.

Im actually invading colonizing Tellumo.

Nice new Home with rings up the sky:kiss:.

But i have a question. Is it intendended that eastereggs don't give milestones?

Or i have some funny modconflikt.

@Galileo if you like Germany, come back and on south i make your guide:wink:but for Living not at the Moment, wait a little;-)

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Ceti's colors and resemblance to organics are why it is described as gross and already digested. :wink: (...Except that one thing in the science about caramel at the poles)

your salamander interests me. :) Career or sandbox?

Career. The Salamander capsule is part of roverdude's USI's Kolonization mod. Also I just recently realized that it has a ground tether which is incredibly useful for those high-slope landings.

6 hours ago, Urses said:

@Galileo @JadeOfMaar

Thank you Chummer's for Really Great Job.

Im actually invading colonizing Tellumo.

Nice new Home with rings up the sky:kiss:.

But i have a question. Is it intendended that eastereggs don't give milestones?

Or i have some funny modconflikt.

@Galileo if you like Germany, come back and on south i make your guide:wink:but for Living not at the Moment, wait a little;-)

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

Currently there are not any "easter eggs" in GPP. There may be some accidental terrain formations but no true Easter eggs. I am curious as to what you have found though! Post a screenshot!

Although we created GPP, we haven't seen everything there is too see yet. 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Currently there are not any "easter eggs" in GPP. There may be some accidental terrain formations but no true Easter eggs. I am curious as to what you have found though! Post a screenshot!

Although we created GPP, we haven't seen everything there is too see yet. 

Balkobanur?

In Stock you get small money and Rep boost. Funny Thing there ScanSat shows like 10-15 anomalies on Gael and this is more as Comstations?

Or i'm wrong?

And you have right! Some places are worth to be anomalies, i look Every time för ShangryLa in the Mountains. Really cool world.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

7 minutes ago, Urses said:

Balkobanur?

In Stock you get small money and Rep boost. Funny Thing there ScanSat shows like 10-15 anomalies on Gael and this is more as Comstations?

Or i'm wrong?

And you have right! Some places are worth to be anomalies, i look Every time för ShangryLa in the Mountains. Really cool world.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Yeah most of the "anomalies" on Gael are tracking stations or monoliths. I also messed up the cfgs and left ksc2 on Gael. I'm really glad you are enjoying GPP!

2 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I too am enjoying it, looking forward to a first pass on anomalies for all the planets. :) 

Next update ALL bodies will have anomalies. 

And I may have jumped the gun earlier. Barring any major setbacks, we are going to release one more update before 1.3 comes out.

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Next update ALL bodies will have anomalies. 

And I may have jumped the gun earlier. Barring any major setbacks, we are going to release one more update before 1.3 comes out.

Ohh that's awesome news.  So many things I'm looking forward to in the next update.  

On 3/20/2017 at 6:39 PM, Galileo said:

@eberkain that blue line is just a thing that happens when scatterer is scaled that size. It's unfortunate but it's not something I can fix myself I don't think. As for the yellow stripy thing, that weird it was happening in your game without dx11. Perhaps the issue is not a dx11 issue after all.

I may be oversimplifying things, but...  The blue line is an artifact of scaling some piece of artwork so large, presumably a horizon texture for scatterer.  Could an alternate version of that texture be used in rescale games that is of a larger base resolution?