[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've already thought of, and I'm pretty sure I can do the scoop thing. I'm looking to make another little part pack soon and it will need atmosphere scoops. While you're at Gauss you may want to visit Catullus as well. It stands at the line between super-Terra and gas giant and hence may be worthwhile. :wink: There's also the option of processing Methane (CH4) and Ammonia (NH3) which will make Tarsiss very useful to you as well, and useful in general without needing to install Karbonite. If you have Near Future Propulsion installed I'll simply add these modes to the existing intake and gas converter parts in there. Otherwise I'll have to clone and re-texture some stock parts (which I might do anyway for my mod).

I do have NF installed, but I haven't done anything at all with resource collection using it... my only current ISRU is that 5m monster I cooked up :D  I may launch it as an undockable component and it can stay there for any future visitors...

15 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

And if 10.6257x becomes too tedious, then the plan is to bring everyone home, remove SMURFF, and give 2.5x a try.

If you play 2.5x, I'd be interested in hearing your comments about how it compares to 3.2x.  My previous comments about 2.5x vs. 3.2x are based primarily on theory.  I have little hands on practice at either scale.

5 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

If you play 2.5x, I'd be interested in hearing your comments about how it compares to 3.2x.  My previous comments about 2.5x vs. 3.2x are based primarily on theory.  I have little hands on practice at either scale.

I just started a 2.5x game (without SMURFF) so I'll let you know how it goes.

1 minute ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I just started a 2.5x game (without SMURFF) so I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your impressions.  The theory behind 2.5x is to make it just a little bit easier than 3.2x so there's less of an urge to use SMURFF.  We won't know if we've hit on the right scale factor without feedback.

41 minutes ago, Zyngo said:

I am having trouble getting the mod to work. When is start the game it is still Kerbin. I have installed everything and done everything that is required. Any support?

You probably installed wrong, but you didn't post logs or a screenshot of your gamedata folder so I can't really help you

40 minutes ago, Zyngo said:

I am having trouble getting the mod to work. When is start the game it is still Kerbin. I have installed everything and done everything that is required. Any support?

Are you absolutely sure you did everything that is required?

The usual problem is that step 2 or 3 are wrongfully or not done (Updated instructions). If you assumed that any part of the Kopernicus download is optional and left something out, that's the problem.

On 11/16/2016 at 3:55 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

GPP Install Instructions

1. Create a new install of KSP and run once with zero mods.

2. Install Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator (part of Kopernicus) and ModuleManager.dll within GameData\ and run KSP again. No planet mod works without these. They are also not included in this package. If, however, you're not creating a new install then backup and remove your saves. Any existing playthrough will be broken.

3. Install GPP and ensure that KSP always launches in 64-bit (KSP_x64.exe on Windows). Your PC should have no less than 8GB RAM.

4. Before you launch, though, if you are deep into a GPP career then install GPP_CareerSaver into GameData\ as an epic new feature in v1.2.0 will also break your saves.

5. Install any of the remaining bundled mods if they suit you: KSC Switcher, Scatterer, TextureReplacer, Kerbal Konstructs with KSC++, Final Frontier.

I am still adjusting the cfg's for draw distance as it makes huge difference in the view, but scatterer goes nuts on atmospheric bodies. Anyone with any tips on adjusting that?

I'll be back to streaming tomorrow (getting over being super sick) and I will be going over again how to install/ upgrade GPP live to assist anyone that needs it. https://www.twitch.tv/rocketpcgaming @Noon PST.

It's a dark image, but epic shot of first probe into orbit at 10.6257x scale and just an awesome screenshot while testing cfg's.

2ue1ZDe.png

fURyuis.png

13 minutes ago, RocketPCGaming said:

I am still adjusting the cfg's for draw distance as it makes huge difference in the view, but scatterer goes nuts on atmospheric bodies. Anyone with any tips on adjusting that?

I'll be back to streaming tomorrow (getting over being super sick) and I will be going over again how to install/ upgrade GPP live to assist anyone that needs it. https://www.twitch.tv/rocketpcgaming @Noon PST.

It's a dark image, but epic shot of first probe into orbit at 10.6257x scale and just an awesome screenshot while testing cfg's.

2ue1ZDe.png

fURyuis.png

I made the changes for the draw distances and you are right, Scatterer does not agree. I'm not sure there is anything we can do besides ask blackrack.. 

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I made the changes for the draw distances and you are right, Scatterer does not agree. I'm not sure there is anything we can do besides ask blackrack.. 

I was just looking through the Scatterer post, a RSS scale version of Scatterer is still "in the works". 

Just updated to the latest and for some reason I am getting Grannus orbital survey contracts after achieving Gael orbit for the first time.  Was just looking through the git repository to see if I could find a config to tweak but couldn't find anything.  Could anyone point me in a direction?

Edited by BevoLJ

10 minutes ago, BevoLJ said:

Just updated to the latest and for some reason I am getting Grannus orbital survey contracts after achieving Gael orbit for the first time.  Was just looking through the git repository to see if I could find a config to tweak but couldn't find anything.  Could anyone point me in a direction?

These Grannus contracts appearing are quite a new thing that we didn't see coming so there's no solution yet. It totally ruins the surprise we were aiming for with Grannus. :mad: 

By the way I adored your old kolonization videos.

@eddiew and everyone else experiencing the issue with the strange artifacts on gas giants, turns out replacing EVE is only a bandaid and doesn't actually fix the issue. It comes back. I am going to investigate further and hopefully have an answer for you soon. 

Edited by Galileo

I just noticed the stock strategies are missing. Any idea what could cause that?          KSP.log      Output_log    Modlist   

Edit: And apparently the Nyan cat is back : / I updated GPP the other night, but i dont remember that. Possible relation?

Edited by Motokid600

12 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

I just noticed the stock strategies are missing. Any idea what could cause that?          KSP.log      Output_log    Modlist

I think I know what the issue is. Try deleting the GPP_strategia cfg in the the configs folder. 

If that doesn't work then I don't know what is happening. 

Also, why do you still have SVE installed? You are asking for trouble. 

all you should have is the GPPVE, EVE and the bundled scatterer, which changed this update.

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That is @Thomassino's Eden sunflare.

@RocketPCGaming I find your use of batteries w/ indicator lights in that shuttle fascinating.

That is a stock shuttle I just threw into my test save. But the mod that does that is Indicator Lights.

And @Thomassino it is indeed Eden Sunflare https://spacedock.info/mod/998/Eden Sunflare

21 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Edit: And apparently the Nyan cat is back : / I updated GPP the other night, but i dont remember that. Possible relation?

No. It's April 1st. What did you expect? 

4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Is there any way to write a patch CFG which automatically rescales the range of antennas to match the sigma scale? Manually putting an extra zero on everything gets annoying after awhile. 

Try this in the meantime. It's meant for use with big solar systems like GPP. It has 10x the range of the strongest stock part at stock scale.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I think I know what the issue is. Try deleting the GPP_strategia cfg in the the configs folder. 

If that doesn't work then I don't know what is happening. 

Also, why do you still have SVE installed? You are asking for trouble. 

all you should have is the GPPVE, EVE and the bundled scatterer, which changed this update.

WOW Ive no clue how they even got there. Couldn't have been helping. Thanks so much for catching that. Deleting the config worked as well :)

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

What did you expect? 

Not the date. :blush:

Edited by Motokid600

So by pure chance, my current career is 20 days from an optimal Grannus window... only 3.7km/s ejection, but 60km/s capture what the hell? :D

Still, with 455 years travel time, might as well launch a thing now... except I don't think there's an antenna out there can make the range! :P 

Edited by eddiew