[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

4 minutes ago, eberkain said:

What EVE version should we use?  

Not those 

this one:

https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

For those that may notice,

we removed the custom science defs this update due to the structure we were using being wrong. We have brought aboard @rasta013 to completely revamp the science defs. It is not going to happen over night, but will happen incrementally. So bear with us. 

So - in my 10x game I FINALLY get around to unlocking Mk 2 plane parts and the panther engine. I build a decent plane (WTFBBQ, mine usually randomly fall apart), and enjoy the scenery flying over the 18km high volcano (this is the first plane I made that could do it on air-breathing engines). Besides losing maneuverability up above 15km (no excrements, air is rather lacking up there) everything works great. I even manage a zoom climb on full afterburner from 5000m, managing to hit 32500m over the bay near the KSC. Seeing the curve of Gael in a plane makes all that fuel (and Jeb holding his breath) worthwhile. 

I regain control, manage to fly back to the KSC (an achievement in itself considering my experience with planes - more of a huge rocket jock) and actually line up with the runway on a survivable glide slope. Touch down at ~70m/s, begin braking...

and hit one of those glitch-bumps in the runway. Instant fireball and explosion. 

The perils of messing with scaling - ye be warned!

5 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

So - in my 10x game I FINALLY get around to unlocking Mk 2 plane parts and the panther engine. I build a decent plane (WTFBBQ, mine usually randomly fall apart), and enjoy the scenery flying over the 18km high volcano (this is the first plane I made that could do it on air-breathing engines). Besides losing maneuverability up above 15km (no excrements, air is rather lacking up there) everything works great. I even manage a zoom climb on full afterburner from 5000m, managing to hit 32500m over the bay near the KSC. Seeing the curve of Gael in a plane makes all that fuel (and Jeb holding his breath) worthwhile. 

I regain control, manage to fly back to the KSC (an achievement in itself considering my experience with planes - more of a huge rocket jock) and actually line up with the runway on a survivable glide slope. Touch down at ~70m/s, begin braking...

and hit one of those glitch-bumps in the runway. Instant fireball and explosion. 

I feel for you!

1.3 is coming. 

From now on I am just going to land on the grass. I am getting close to a workable SCRAMjet engine - got the stock ramjet with altered configs to make it hit max thrust at Mach 10. I just need to figure out an atmosphere curve which lets it produce thrust until it runs out of air, as SCRAMjets don't really have compression problems per-se. 

1 minute ago, MaxL_1023 said:

From now on I am just going to land on the grass. I am getting close to a workable SCRAMjet engine - got the stock ramjet with altered configs to make it hit max thrust at Mach 10. I just need to figure out an atmosphere curve which lets it produce thrust until it runs out of air, as SCRAMjets don't really have compression problems per-se. 

The grass isn't safe either btw lol seams exist there too. 

7 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Does Gael at least have flat water? I know Tellumo has pack ice (in headcanon).

Who knows lol

the grass should be ok. The seams aren't nearly as bad on Gaels actual terrain

2 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Hey @MaxL_1023 Not sure if you are using this or not, but it makes jet engines behave much more realistic and is now standalone from FAR

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

I've been saying it was coming!

Hmm... so I see you've a separate Scatterer config in a separate folder (from Scatterer). Is there any way I could make up a another separate config to piggyback my Rald stuff onto the main setup so I don't have to rebuild everything for the next update? Same question for the clouds.cfg file.

6 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Hmm... so I see you've a separate Scatterer config in a separate folder (from Scatterer). Is there any way I could make up a another separate config to piggyback my Rald stuff onto the main setup so I don't have to rebuild everything for the next update? Same question for the clouds.cfg file.

Send me your files and ill make you a folder with a directory that will work from here on out. thats easier than typing it all out

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Send me your files and ill make you a folder with a directory that will work from here on out. thats easier than typing it all out

Can't argue with that! :D

Aaaaaaaand just like that I'm out of likes for the day. :mad:

OK, I think this is everything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43ia786zkpv9tct/GPP fix.zip?dl=0

Note: the Scatterer config is from the old GPP setup (prior to 1.2), it was giving me some conniptions and I never got it set up right. I'm guessing something changed with the newer Scatterer version, problem should be obvious for someone who actually knows what they're doing and not just copy+pasting and guessing like me. :/

37 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Can't argue with that! :D

Aaaaaaaand just like that I'm out of likes for the day. :mad:

OK, I think this is everything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43ia786zkpv9tct/GPP fix.zip?dl=0

Note: the Scatterer config is from the old GPP setup (prior to 1.2), it was giving me some conniptions and I never got it set up right. I'm guessing something changed with the newer Scatterer version, problem should be obvious for someone who actually knows what they're doing and not just copy+pasting and guessing like me. :/

Testing now so just a little while longer

3 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

No rush, please. Time for the other KSP I never have enough time for: Kerbal Sleep Program. :D

HERE YOU GO!
Rald for GPP

The only issue I had was not knowing where you had Rald to begin with (didn't think to ask), so this puts it in a very low orbit around Gael using the InnerMoon cfg included in Ralds DL. Makes for a funny main menu screen :D You can alter the SMA and the reference body to put it where ever you want. This DL redistributes all of Ralds textures so you wont have to go re-download everything again. Just plug and play.

To anyone else that downloads this, do know that the Sunflare is SUPER big because @CatastrophicFailure plays in a scaled version of GPP. Just remove the sunflare node from the GPP_Rald cfg to use the sunflare that comes with GPP.

I did not think to check Ralds license and I'm in bed now. Hopefully @KerikBalm is ok with me making this version available here. If not, I will remove it. Or perhaps it can be posted in Ralds threads OP? That way it will never be lost and others can use it.

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Time for the other KSP I never have enough time for: Kerbal Sleep Program. :D

Yah GPP Team is going better and better in Reduce the time for oKSP  (otherKSP=work+sleep)

Therefore GPP Must, work must, sleep luxury:D

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

I did not think to check Ralds license and I'm in bed now. Hopefully @KerikBalm is ok with me making this version available here. If not, I will remove it. Or perhaps it can be posted in Ralds threads OP? That way it will never be lost and others can use it.

'tis fine with me

13 hours ago, Galileo said:

UPDATE

v1.2.1

Nearly Independent Edition

• Directory has changed

• Scatterer is now a Module Manager config

• EVE configs (GPP_Clouds) are now a module Manager config

• Refactored CommNet Antenna Power and DSN Power patches when using a scaled system to pull scale factor directly Sigma Dimensions 'Rescale' key

• Fixed strange effect on gas giants caused by scatterer

• Made clouds a little brighter and more opaque

• Ciro is more white

• Strategia config no longer deletes stock strategies

• Time warp limits adjusted for quicker time warps in lower orbits (not too quick though)

• Added Kopernicus ring shader support

NOTE: For GPP_Clouds to work Install the GPP_Clouds folder located in "Optional Mods" then download and install EVE.

NOTE II: For Scatterer to work, just install the latest Scatterer.

NOTE III: For the Kopernicus ring shaders to work correctly, download THIS DLL and place it in GameData>Kopernicus>Plugins.

DOWNLOAD

HCZg8yE.png|
oKnAGlC.png

When configuring Scatterer with the new update, should we select "Integrate with EVE Clouds overlay" ?

Also, do you recommend selecting/deselecting any other parameters for Scatterer? 

1 hour ago, Tuko said:

When configuring Scatterer with the new update, should we select "Integrate with EVE Clouds overlay" ?

Also, do you recommend selecting/deselecting any other parameters for Scatterer? 

All setting are already toggled by an mm cfg. You don't need to touch anything. 

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

HERE YOU GO!
Rald for GPP

The only issue I had was not knowing where you had Rald to begin with (didn't think to ask), so this puts it in a very low orbit around Gael using the InnerMoon cfg included in Ralds DL. Makes for a funny main menu screen :D You can alter the SMA and the reference body to put it where ever you want. This DL redistributes all of Ralds textures so you wont have to go re-download everything again. Just plug and play.

Thanks man, you're awesome! :cool: I won't get a chance to play around with this 'til I get home tonight, looks like I can just re-use my existing config to get the sky/position right. Tho I might have to see just how close an orbit it is, first. :o