[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@Galileo I'm not familiar with GPP setup

If it's a simple binary like plock-karen from OPM the tab should work fine

It's used in the Gauss system. 

Gauss and Catullus are a binary system. Maybe it's Catullus is a moon and has a moon if it's own? 

16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It's used in the Gauss system. 

Gauss and Catullus are a binary system. Maybe it's Catullus is a moon and has a moon if it's own? 

I don't think so, I'll make a couple of tests and let you know

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

what exactly happens?

Everything looks and acts normal until you attempt tab past or choose another body beyond tarsiss. It just gets hung up there in map mode and in the tracking station.

Just now, Galileo said:

Everything looks and acts normal until you attempt tab past or choose another body beyond tarsiss. It just gets hung up there in map mode and in the tracking station.

tarsiss being the secondary body I suppose

what about [shift][tab] ?

does that do anything?

52 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

tarsiss being the secondary body I suppose

what about [shift][tab] ?

does that do anything?

ok, just disregard what i was saying earlier. I dont know what was happening last night. just tested and now everything is fine. ugh. this isnt the first time this has happened and @JadeOfMaar will tell you the same thing. It  seems to be a random thing i guess.

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

ok, just disregard what i was saying earlier. I dont know what was happening last night. just tested and now everything is fine. ugh. this isnt the first time this has happened and @JadeOfMaar will tell you the same thing. It  seems to be a random thing i guess.

I have no idea, the tab thing should not be affected by SB at all... unless there's some weird interaction I'm missing

8 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I have no idea, the tab thing should not be affected by SB at all... unless there's some weird interaction I'm missing

yeah, and to be honest, it may not even be a SB issue. We just happened to notice it after we installed SB, leading to our assumption

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I've also been having trouble with using tab to switch between planets, but I discovered that what was actually happening was when I hit the tab key, the focus would shift to one of the mods windows (not always the same mod), so the next tab would be captured by that window instead of the main map window.  Hitting tab, then clicking on the background map, then hitting tab, clicking on the background, etc., seems to work.  It's an annoying work-around, but it works.  Is this the problem you're seeing?

1 minute ago, AG5BPilot said:

I've also been having trouble with using tab to switch between planets, but I discovered that what was actually happening was when I hit the tab key, the focus would shift to one of the mods windows (not always the same mod), so the next tab would be captured by that window instead of the main map window.  Hitting tab, then clicking on the background map, then hitting tab, clicking on the background, etc., seems to work.  It's an annoying work-around, but it works.  Is this the problem you're seeing?

Maybe, i didnt really pay attention to that. why would it ONLY happen at that one body though is my question?

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

it was only happening around the Gauss/Catullus binary system for me. when i removed SB it continued as normal

I figured out what was happening, at least on my system.  Do you have Kerbalism installed?   In map mode, if you have the life support panel displayed (as opposed to, say, the resources panel, or the contract panel) using the buttons in the upper right corner, the life support panel grabs the focus when you hit the tab key.  This, in turn, requires that you click on the background in order for tab to bring you to the next planet.

Finally trying to get a probe to orbit Icarus - I put 75 km/s of delta/v in the tanks (thanks Nertea for that insane ion engine) and it looks like I will actually need most of it. TWR and Electricity means I can't transfer directly - need to do most of the work gradually from solar orbit. Good thing I brought giant solar panels, giant radiators, and the huge-cheeks dish from Dmagic!

UPDATE

v1.2.2

Hot Fix Edition

• Fixed strange effect on gas giants caused by scatterer.. FOR REAL THIS TIME!

• Gael has properly colored desert area (new color map)

• Fixed duplicate flag issue in main menu

• Added code to rescale cfgs that should increase the resolution of the cloud layers in scaled systems

• Added code to rescale cfgs that multiplies the stock antenna power values by a factor of the rescale value

Note: You still need to download the fix Blackrack posted in the Kopernicus thread for the ring shaders to work. HERE

Note II: This just fixes some minor things and includes patches that have already been posted to the thread.

Install instructions:

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

I haven't updated to 1.2.2 yet but since nothing about it is mentioned in the notes... Where are the science definitions located? I noticed on my mission to orbit Ciro and then land on Ceti that all of it was stock, EVAs/surface sample/etc... Everything. Haven't spent too much time trying to see how that is setup, figured I would ask first! 

25 minutes ago, Tynrael said:

I haven't updated to 1.2.2 yet but since nothing about it is mentioned in the notes... Where are the science definitions located? I noticed on my mission to orbit Ciro and then land on Ceti that all of it was stock, EVAs/surface sample/etc... Everything. Haven't spent too much time trying to see how that is setup, figured I would ask first! 

Science defs Were removed last update. The format was wrong. @rasta013 has taken up the task to write all new science defs for every single body.. so it may be a while but they will happen!

Edited by Galileo

Public Service Announcment: Updating Sigma Dimensions to v0.7.5 for Re-Scaled GPP systems

If anyone is using a re-scaled GPP system and has updated Sigma Dimensions to the recent v0.7.5 release, your EVE cloud altitudes are probably now all wacky and may seem very low. This is due to Sigma Dimensions now taking the landscape altitude multiplier into account when re-scaling the cloud altitudes.

To fix this, open your re-scale config (i.e. 2.5X.cfg or 3.2X.cfg etc.) and scroll down to where the node '@EVE_CLOUDS:FINAL' is opened around Line 120 or so. There should be a line insider that node that says:

@altitude *= 'number'

... change the number in your config to 0.62, for example:

@altitude *= 0.62

... and save the config. All should now be fixed.

These changes have been committed to the GPP development but will not see the light of day until the next release is made so I thought that I should let everyone know the fix until that time.

Enjoy. :D 

Hi Guys,

Today I need your advice. I dumb donkey had but accepted this contract to land a vehicle on different bodies. Among other Catullus and Tellumo.

I wanted to run the whole unkermaled but there is a problem. The spaceplane here is able to reach the Orbit of Tellumo again but...

DFjspH3.jpg

... I lose the connection to CommNet because of re-entry effects during the ascent. Then of course I can not control it anymore. Do you see a way to solve this without taking a pilot with me?

Edited by astroheiko

15 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

Hi Guys,

Today I need your advice. I dumb donkey had but accepted this contract to land a vehicle on different bodies. Among other Catullus and Tellumo.

I wanted to run the whole unkermaled but there is a problem. The spaceplane here is able to reach the Orbit of Tellumo again but...

DFjspH3.jpg

... I lose the connection to CommNet because of re-entry effects during the ascent. Then of course I can not control it anymore. Do you see a way to solve this without taking a pilot with me?

I haven't played with the settings too much, but can you temporarily disable the commo blackout can't you

Edited by Galileo

13 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

Do you see a way to solve this without taking a pilot with me?

If i may suggest a braistormoption.

1. Aerobrecking in high altitude to reduce the blackout. With a comsat in orbit you go down for around 10-15% comstrength. 

2. Reflatable heatshield (MM) on backside for uncontrolled heatentry with fast breacking (backwards) and after blackout deflate or ejeckt the shield for controlled reentty.

3. Powered reentry (backwards again) to minimize the blackouteffect.

I hope some of the ideas may give a hint.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

Edited by Urses

24 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

There is a mod that can temporarily "sleep" the antenna and then deploy it after that set time. This would be dangerous... I think a good solution would be to include a small relay satellite with your craft and leave it detached in orbit. Let your vessel move around another cycle and shift in front of it so during your descent you will line up for a decent connection. I see that you already have passive antennas on the craft so that should work out, you will regain control after the plasma fireball ends.

I've noticed that the plasma doesn't immediately cut the connection, it decreases the strength. Having a few passive antennas to join together and the satellite above could help give you more time for control during the plasma burn, though you will probably lose your connection for a brief period.

Edited by Tynrael