[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

I can't get this to work, when I try to enter a game I just get a black screen with the loading animation at the bottom right corner. I can hear the crickets chirping at the space center, and the game hasn't frozen, but it won't load. 
I have done the following:

Deleted KSP and let steam redownload all the files, tested the game (works)

Installed l Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager (with CKAN), tested again and everything seemed fine.

Copied GPP to the GameData folder, I get the GPP loading screens and all that, looks like everything should be good, but no luck.

(running KSP64)

Any suggestions? Need me to post any log files?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, DocRockwell said:

Any suggestions? Need me to post any log files?

Please do.

6 hours ago, Matchlight said:

Dude!!!! Why didn't you tell my about this! It looks fkin Awesome!!!

:wink: If you think it only looks great, imagine when you get your game on. Make sure to add a skybox: either one of the many from my sig or @Poodmund's infamous Calm Nebula. The stock skybox will kill a lot of the glory.

Ok - I changed the luminosity of Grannus to 1360 and it fixed the greenhouse bug - for some reason Kerbalism is using Grannus as the primary star. Maybe redder light is good for plants?

The solar panel output was not affected (I am using the Kerbalism solar panels) so they are functioning correctly. I am not sure about the "stock" solar panel setup though. 

Hello, does anyone also has these lines in the KSP log file?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.Ring.Update ()

I'm using KSP 1.2.2 x64, GPP and few other mods....

1 minute ago, itsaps said:

Hello, does anyone also has these lines in the KSP log file?

I'm using KSP 1.2.2 x64, GPP and few other mods....

Can't help without full logs. Need more than just a single line from the log

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Ok - I changed the luminosity of Grannus to 1360 and it fixed the greenhouse bug - for some reason Kerbalism is using Grannus as the primary star. Maybe redder light is good for plants?

The solar panel output was not affected (I am using the Kerbalism solar panels) so they are functioning correctly. I am not sure about the "stock" solar panel setup though. 

Plants, being green, reflect green light -- they don't absorb it.  Other wavelengths are more useful to plants.  If you saw pictures of the plant growth experiment that was just sent to the ISS, the plant lights it uses are pink.

17 minutes ago, itsaps said:

@Galileo
Alright, did not know this file before but here is the output_log.txt from KSP_x64_Data: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2285brqaywye8m/output_log_02.txt?dl=0

What contract packs are you using? You are getting a lot of errors from contract configurator. Only a few contract packs work with GPP. Most will not work. Also., with the amount of mods you have installed, it could be any number of things not playing nice together. Remove all of your mods except for GPP and its dependencies and see if the issue continues. From what I can tell the issue is not with GPP but another one of your many mods

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

What contract packs are you using? You are getting a lot of errors from contract configurator. Only a few contract packs work with GPP. Most will not work. Also., with the amount of mods you have installed, it could be any number of things not playing nice together. Remove all of your mods except for GPP and its dependencies and see if the issue continues. From what I can tell the issue is not with GPP but another one of your many mods

You are right, I tried "clever sats" but already removed it again (because of the exceptions). Still the error is there, I've no clue from where it comes. I'll try your suggestion later on.

Just some notes on using contract packs with GPP.

• CommNetRelays, ExplorationPlus, Bases and Stations worked out-of-box (for GPP 1.2.2)
  • Tourism Plus works. But some waypoints look weird with their names... (Badlands, etc.)
  • Clever Sats kills your exploration contracts. A quick workaround is deleting GPP's GameData/GPP/Gael/Agencies/Agents.cfg . See this comment:
  • Field Research only partially work (some contracts like performing experiments around KSC never appear). Replacing every occurrence of (word boundary)Sun(word boundary) with Ciro and every occurrence of (word boundary)Eve(word boundary) with Niven within that contract pack seems to fix it. (though the Niven part sounds a bit inaccurate...)

Bonus notes on rescaled system (Currently trying out 2.5x):

• Tourism Plus suborbital waypoints are about 15~20km below atmosphere boundary, which makes them impossible to complete. Possible workaround:
Spoiler

@CONTRACT_TYPE[Tourism_SubOrbital]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
  @BEHAVIOUR[WaypointGenerator]
  {
    @WAYPOINT[*],*
    {
      @altitude = 92000
    }
  }
}

• Do not attempt to rescue kerbals stranded in low Gael orbit (stock contracts).... lol

17 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Weird that you're getting the red light of Grannus.  I don't know if the problem is with KSP, Kopernicus, or Kerbalism, but clearly something doesn't like the existence of multiple stars.

I'm glad the Kerbalism solar panels are now working correctly.  I'm pretty sure the stock solar panels will work as well, providing the correct power output while in the vicinity of Ciro.   Near Grannus, however, things are messed up.  In order to make things right at Ciro, we've had to give Grannus the same luminosity as Ciro.  So while Grannus may have the size, mass, and color of a red dwarf, it's pumping out the energy of a G-type star.  Unless somebody can find a way to fix the problem, we're just going to have to live with that.

The next GPP release is changing Grannus luminosity to 1360.  It will probably stay that way until such time that another solution is found.

At this point there isn't much around Grannus anyways - if planets are ever added around it then the luminosity issue would need to be fixed. 

Just to clarify, the visual light is fine - Ciro is bright yellow, Grannus casts a dim red glow only visible when Ciro is occluded. However, the greenhouse part was picking the wrong star for luminosity calculations. Ironically enough, it WAS selecting Ciro for distance calculations - otherwise it wouldn't have gotten the 42 watts as Grannus is ~40 AU away at its closest. 

Changing the luminosity of Grannus did not effect the solar panels, so something weird is definitely going on.

4 minutes ago, symmeclept said:

Sorry if this has been answered, I can't find anything. Using 10x scale, KAC and game time aren't in sync. Game time is set to 24hr days. Is this normal, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Switch your clock to kerbal time in the setting on the main menu

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@metta Thanks for that post. Now I can start to create an official list of GPP-compatible contract mods.

Now i am a little upset....;.;

On 12.4.2017 at 0:30 AM, Urses said:

Tested 2 so far.

Nah is fine:D

but i found a nice WIP that will be a realy cool addon for GPP In contrakt, but like i see the dev need a hand by someone with good C-Fu to implement GPP in.

If somebody will help?

Funny Kabooms

Urses

Edited by Urses

49 minutes ago, symmeclept said:

Switched it back to KSP time. Tried reinstalling KAC just to see, but it's still off. Game says Day 8, KAC is on Day 23.

KAC is probably confused now and more than likely cant work wit kopernicus time

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, symmeclept said:

Sorry if this has been answered, I can't find anything. Using 10x scale, KAC and game time aren't in sync. Game time is set to 24hr days. Is this normal, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Switch your clock to kerbal time in the setting on the main menu

Could this be due to the 10x scale config using a Kopernicus day length multiplier of 3 on the Homeworld?

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
	@Body:HAS[#name[Kerbin]]
	{
		@SigmaDimensions
		{
			@dayLengthMultiplier = 3
			@landscape = 0.25
		}
	}
}

It seems like KAC is picking up the true time and not the time after Kopernicus has modified it.

PSA: Anyone who is using an upscaled system (and therefore an extended day length due to the day length modifier in the rescale config), how are you experiencing time dependent mods i.e. KAC, Transfer Window Planner, USI-LS, Kerbal Construction Time etc. in your game? Are they working correctly or are the times show in game (game clock time) out of sync with the times listed in any of the mod GUIs?

It would be nice to hear how how mods are interacting with the Kopernicus Clock.

Edited by Poodmund