[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

@Galileo @JadeOfMaar just noticed you guys put my Lili nightmare mission screenshot in the loading screen, that put a big grin on my face, cheers! :D

Spoiler

First rocket to see how much dV I need, loving that it's now a giant marble, but... 5500dV short :D

sxRrduJ.png

Edited by Kamuchi

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This is why GPP_CareerSaver exists, guys. It's highlighted in red in the install instructions.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

or the CareerSaver cfg... :wink: 

woops. Didn't see jade already pointed it out. 

Now what's the fun in that? :wink: I did get too see Thalia, after all. 

Well, not really, since it's unresreseched it's just a blank white texture.  

1 hour ago, Ed_ said:

Ohhhh wow, I just spotted that filter in the TS and thought I should come back here and own up for being so dumb. Thanks guys, I'll be over here in the stupid corner wearing the dunce hat if anyone needs me. :confused:

Don't bother!:D

Like i said:

2 hours ago, Urses said:

.But it took me a wile to get the Point that they Switch the filter.

You are Welcome. :wink:

"Who is a greater Donkey? The One who asks for help or the One who Think he knows anything?"-Anonymous-

Have fun and funny Kabooms

Urses

The JX2 antenna isn't combining (I assume messed up game settings because of installing Kerbalism into an old save) but I'm getting the range I should expect from just one of it. It works up to a good modest distance past Leto (5.8Tm)

whXOUhj.jpg

7 hours ago, Ed_ said:

I'm visiting asteroids for the first time since I installed GPP, but hitting a weird problem:

Just an idea...try installing the Asteroid Day infrared antenna on a probe and get it orbiting and detecting asteroids.  Once it finds them it starts the track itself automatically and maybe this will get you past whatever weirdness RB is doing atm. (uhmmm...nevermind. :D)

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Has anyone posted and science defs to the spreadsheet as of lately?

I will be getting some time to work on that finally in the next day or two myself.  I've got several written for the stock experiments but have to move them and move them into the right spots on the spreadsheet and I've just not had the time yet.  I'll update the other GPP tracking thread as soon as I get mine inserted since I've filled in a few.

Edited by rasta013

5 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

Just an idea...try installing the Asteroid Day infrared antenna on a probe and get it orbiting and detecting asteroids.  Once it finds them it starts the track itself automatically and maybe this will get you past whatever weirdness RB is doing atm.

I will be getting some time to work on that finally in the next day or two myself.  I've got several written for the stock experiments but have to move them and move them into the right spots on the spreadsheet and I've just not had the time yet.  I'll update the other GPP tracking thread as soon as I get mine inserted since I've filled in a few.

Ok cool. I was only asking because I'm in position to upload a new version today, fixing some issues. I was just trying to get as much put in as possible

26 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Going off memory, here, but that RA-100 is getting the same range I saw in 6.4x. 

Thanks. I changed one little thing and I guess I understand that parameter at last. I'm getting reception up to within Gauss SOI now where previously it reached Otho.

Hi, finally installed the 1.2 upgrade.  I see you got rid of the Distant Object Enhancement; Strategia; Planetshine; Waypoint Manager special versions.  I guess I can install the official versions and they get updated with the new MM?

Just now, Gilph said:

Hi, finally installed the 1.2 upgrade.  I see you got rid of the Distant Object Enhancement; Strategia; Planetshine; Waypoint Manager special versions.  I guess I can install the official versions and they get updated with the new MM?

yep. All of those mods have been broken down to MM cfgs. Now you just need those mods and MM and you are good.

In the update hopefully coming today, Scatterer, and EVE cfgs will also be MM cfgs.

19 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This is why GPP_CareerSaver exists, guys. It's highlighted in red in the install instructions.

18 hours ago, Galileo said:

or the CareerSaver cfg... :wink: 

I used it - but Rald is a special snowflake. It's own config sets it to index to 199, but somehow no matter what I do, the things on and around it ended up buried in burning hydrogen. I could have loaded the game on old GPP, hyperedited them around Tellumo, put in new GPP and hyperedited them back, but it wasn't worth the effort for an old relay and rover that I'll probably never use again :P 

I've started with farming Refined Exotics and Exotic Minerals on Iota and returning it to Gael to make funds.  It's important that I land as close to KSC as possible to maximize the recovery percentage.  When I land close to KSC Main (within 35km), the recovery screen says I'm 443km away and only gives me 77%.  I've tried different settings with KSC Switcher, but cant seem to get a bigger bonus.  Any ideas?

Edit1: After some testing, it looks like a small lake around 6'50"N,157'E is less than 100km away and 94% recovery, and a good place to land in the mountains. Netted an extra 700K funds

Edited by Gilph

5 hours ago, eddiew said:

I used it - but Rald is a special snowflake. It's own config sets it to index to 199, but somehow no matter what I do, the things on and around it ended up buried in burning hydrogen. I could have loaded the game on old GPP, hyperedited them around Tellumo, put in new GPP and hyperedited them back, but it wasn't worth the effort for an old relay and rover that I'll probably never use again :P 

And right you are. :blink:

I hadn't actually checked this on my main save. Everything landed on Rald is now... well, you know. Strangely, everything that was in orbit there is simply gone. 

What would I need to do to mod the tech tree for scaled games? In 10x/10.6x, you really need the larger fuel tanks and some clustering equipment (interstages) earlier than normal - otherwise you get insanely tall stacks when using 1.25m parts, even with full SMURFF. I think it is a square/cube issue. Engines can stay where they are, we just need the stacks. Procedural parts are limited by the tech nodes as well. 

I'm using BDB to good effect in 10.6x, and it's a bit overpowered at full lever. I'll probably back it off to 0.8 or so. One of the best things about BDB is that it gives you some tiny probe cores at the beginning of the tech tree, allowing for Vanguard and Scout type missions.

I am currently uploading a new version. It uses the kopernicus ring shaders. We can now have multiple bodies with shadows on the rings at once. While this feature is not currently fixed in the most recent Kopernicus, @blackrack has released his DLL that fixes it on the kopernicus thread. Just download and replace Kopernicus' dll with blackracks version until Kopernicus makes an update including it.

UPDATE

v1.2.1

Nearly Independent Edition

• Directory has changed

• Scatterer is now a Module Manager config

• EVE configs (GPP_Clouds) are now a module Manager config

• Refactored CommNet Antenna Power and DSN Power patches when using a scaled system to pull scale factor directly Sigma Dimensions 'Rescale' key

• Fixed strange effect on gas giants caused by scatterer

• Made clouds a little brighter and more opaque

• Ciro is more white

• Strategia config no longer deletes stock strategies

• Time warp limits adjusted for quicker time warps in lower orbits (not too quick though)

• Added Kopernicus ring shader support

NOTE: For GPP_Clouds to work Install the GPP_Clouds folder located in "Optional Mods" then download and install EVE.

NOTE II: For Scatterer to work, just install the latest Scatterer.

NOTE III: For the Kopernicus ring shaders to work correctly, download THIS DLL and place it in GameData>Kopernicus>Plugins.

DOWNLOAD

HCZg8yE.png|
oKnAGlC.png

Edited by Galileo