[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

2 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

and adding an extra day every 23 years so as to keep the calendar in sync with the season. 

Are you a martian?:D

But i agree with your Statement. Day count is right and it will be more stock problem with adding a day. And aktuali we don't have seasons to catchup.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

Hey, eddiew is back - I missed his pictures.

Today I was able to finish the Tarsiss 6 Expedition. Here are two nice pictures:

Assembly of the SSTO for Tarsiss.

fYnkMEw.jpg

And the braking maneuver for Catullus.

zAoayQ2.jpg

As always the link to the full post. At the end it was again difficult, because I lost the connection to the Space Center shortly before the landing.

End of the Tarsiss 6 Expedition

And briefly an update for the flight to Grannus. The ship is now 6 years en route and is located between the orbits of Nero and Hox. Perhaps I can shorten the flight time by several decades when I invest around the PE at Grannus some dV towards prograde.

There is also a mission en route to Nero. This will arrive in 7 years. For Hadrian there is again a SSTO with ISRU.

Greetings

11 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Yes and Yes.the problem is that the game needs a lot of time to load but at the main menu it totaly frezz.I dont have idea how scoot have a lot of mods in the galileo series

I couldn't help but notice your activity in the thread of Gameslinx's planets at the time of your query here. Are you trying to mix GPP and GPO? That's quite possibly the problem. Your KSP must be crashing because it doesn't know what to do with Gameslinx's planets after it loads GPP.

GPP is not friendly to planet mods that add to the stock system.

14 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Yes and Yes.the problem is that the game needs a lot of time to load but at the main menu it totaly frezz.I dont have idea how scoot have a lot of mods in the galileo series

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I couldn't help but notice your activity in the thread of Gameslinx's planets at the time of your query here. Are you trying to mix GPP and GPO? That's quite possibly the problem. Your KSP must be crashing because it doesn't know what to do with Gameslinx's planets after it loads GPP.

GPP replaces Kerbin with Gael using a config node known as 'cbNameLater = Gael'

My planet pack does this as well, and does 'cbNameLater = Gaia'

This is most likely the problem. There are more as well. 

First off, the game is trying to apply two home planets to one save, with two space centres. It gets confused and just stops. Both planet configs (Gael and Gaia) use Name = Kerbin as well. So the game tries to add two planets of the same name before they're renamed to Gael and Gaia.

Secondly, as far as I'm aware, planets like Eve do not exist in GPP as they're removed when the game starts. In this case, Dusk won't be able to load as eve doesn't exist anymore. The same goes for Dread, Dusk, and all other moons that orbit a stock planet.

We can't make our packs compatible easily unfortunately. Sorry 

Edited by Gameslinx

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I have 4 ksp copys:one is the stock,the other is rss,the other gameslinx planet pack,and the other is for gpp

The good news - I am planning to show Augustus some love!

The bad news - I need to figure out a way to get a probe to Otho without having half the parts fail before it gets there. 

The really bad news - RTGs decay in about the time it takes to get out that far, so I am stuck using solar panels in the outer Ciro system. 

The not-so-bad news - I have the first ion engine unlocked, so at least I can do things at Otho without needing to pack 20 tons of LFO!

I arrived at Nero. I brought a rover, a lander and an SSTO for Hadrian.

OMDjoB4.jpg

zbtKkSG.jpg

lWpbt2t.jpg

I love this mod. While i was watching the cloudbands turning around Nero I have of course forgotten to make the scientific inquiries for in space high and in space near.:confused:

Edited by astroheiko

I wish I could run GPP at that resolution. I was orbiting Tellumo, minding my own business, time-warping through the science transmission (Kerbalism slows it down), and somehow ended up on a heliocentric orbit. 

Maybe Lili is made of Neutronium and gave me a gravitational kick. 

Greetings all - nothing to add, just started a new career in GPP.  Enjoying it very much so far, outstanding work GPP team!

Now I get the star on this thread so I can scan through the topic list really quick

On 27/04/2017 at 3:18 PM, metta said:

Just some notes on using contract packs with GPP.

• Tourism Plus works. But some waypoints look weird with their names... (Badlands, etc.)
  • Field Research only partially work (some contracts like performing experiments around KSC never appear). Replacing every occurrence of (word boundary)Sun(word boundary) with Ciro and every occurrence of (word boundary)Eve(word boundary) with Niven within that contract pack seems to fix it. (though the Niven part sounds a bit inaccurate...)

I've created GPP compatibility patches for these two contract packs and put pull requests on @nightingale's GitHub project pages.

Field Research (pull request)  - fixed references to the Sun to be Sun() for compatibility with any planet pack. Added GPP specific conditional change to the Eve contracts to target Tarsiss and Hadrian instead. I felt these were the best fit since the contracts relate to bodies with non-water liquid surfaces (RSS changes these contracts to Titan).

Tourism Plus (pull request) - Modified waypoints for sub-orbital flights when GPP present to be - North Pole, South Pole, the alternate KSC locations from KSC switcher and the highest point on Gael (I named it Mount Maximus just to call it something). - I also added some RSS specific waypoints while I was at it :wink:.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:06 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@metta Thanks for that post. Now I can start to create an official list of GPP-compatible contract mods.

Jade- Have you been able to collate a compatible contract list for GPP?

If so, can you post a link.  Like everyone else, I am having all kinds of weird behavior.  It's probably easier just to use contracts you deem compatible.

PSA to those using Rescaled Systems

We have been having some dev discussion with regards to the issue with rescaled systems ending the calendar year at times that are not midnight i.e. a calendar year is not an integer amount of days.

There have been decisions made that in the next update that the rescale configs will consist of the following with regards to Gael's orbital and body parameters:

1x (Stock Scale) - not changing, values staying the same.

• Day Length: 6hrs
  • Days in Year: 426d
  • Orbital Period: 9201600s
  • SMA: 13982766706m

2.5x

• Day Length: 10hrs
  • Days in Year: 404d
  • Orbital Period: 14544000s
  • SMA: 34948895994.9601m

3.2x

• Day Length: 12hrs
  • Days in Year: 381d
  • Orbital Period: 16459200s
  • SMA: 44742819242.0888m

6.4x

• Day Length: 18hrs
  • Days in Year: 359d
  • Orbital Period: 23263200s
  • SMA: 89450717932.7214m

10x

• Day Length: 24hrs
  • Days in Year: 337d
  • Orbital Period: 29116800s
  • SMA: 139887843072.6100m

10.625x

• Day Length: 24hrs
  • Days in Year: 347d
  • Orbital Period: 29980800s
  • SMA: 148524802065.2240m

Basically what are doing is making the orbital period for Gael the exact multiple of the Day Length * Days in Year so that when Gael makes 1 exact orbit of Ciro, it will have rotated exactly the correct amount of days, down to the second, for that period... thus, the in-game time/calendar should not drift and go out of sync. To achieve this we have determined suitable lengths (in hours) for the Gael day length at each rescale level so that it does feel like Gael is spinning around too fast at larger scales and determined the closest amount of full days that Gael can rotate to complete an orbital period... then we are manually calculating the corresponding SMA for that time period.

What this does do however is put Gael's SMA at a VERY slight difference to the rescale factor, for example at 2.5x Gael's SMA is something like 2.4994263816883400 times greater not 2.5 but this should not have an effect on playing the game in a realistic approach.

tl;dr We are changing the SMA of Gael at the different rescale levels to tie up the in-game calendar time to 1 exact orbit of Gael around Ciro. This shouldn't really affect gameplay at a noticeable level.

I just wanted to fully explain this and put the values out there to let everyone know exactly what is going on as a 'warning' for the next update. It probably, should not, possibly, maybe have any effect on saved games. :D 

Edited by Poodmund

God damn it - now I only get ~450 m/s of extra delta-v from Gael's rotation instead of ~600 m/s! I might need to actually properly design my lifters instead of randomly attaching progressively larger booster stages! 

(In reality, I was designing for RSS launches from Caneveral out of sheer force of habit, so I usually had at least 800 m/s left over in the insertion stage anyways. Besides that, without procedural parts (damn you KRnD) things get rather discretized anyways, so I usually end up over-designing slightly.)

Edited by MaxL_1023

1 hour ago, MaxL_1023 said:

This mod has gotten my computer begging me to STOP playing KSP.

(I really need a RAM upgrade - 8Gb is pathetic compared to the awesome scale of the GPP solar system)

I don't know if it's clean living or what, but my copy of KSP running upscaled GPP with dozens of mods (including all the visual bells and whistles) rarely uses over 4 GB.  I keep reading about people running out of memory and scratch my head.

10 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

We've actually given it a name, Mount Cilos.

Ah, missed that - now fixed in my pull request.

If there are any other named landmarks that would be worth adding just let me know and I'll include them too.

1 minute ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Ah, missed that - now fixed in my pull request.

If there are any other named landmarks that would be worth adding just let me know and I'll include them too.

Gael is the only planet where I remember naming geological features (other than those identified by biomes).  We named the three continents and a couple of the tallest mountain peaks.  We've started a GPP Wiki, but it's incomplete and some of what we've done is already out of date because we keep tweaking things.  The Gael article includes the named features.

http://outer-planets.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Galilean

2 hours ago, Malich said:

This mod has gotten me back playing KSP. Looking forward to properly exploring!

You won't be disappointed. :) 

2 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Hah. :D 

17 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

If there are any other named landmarks that would be worth adding just let me know and I'll include them too

There's another mountain that's a few hairs shy of Mount Cilos as the highest point on Gael.

It's Mount Iodos6115m tall, 25.91019 N, -60.12251 E

9 hours ago, Tuko said:

Jade- Have you been able to collate a compatible contract list for GPP?

If so, can you post a link.  Like everyone else, I am having all kinds of weird behavior.  It's probably easier just to use contracts you deem compatible.

Contract Compatibility

A preliminary list has been added to the opening post at the GPP Workshop. Suggestions are welcome for whether this list should be its own comment within the thread and linked from the OP if being in there makes it feel cluttered, or even its own thread if there's anticipation that this list will get very large.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

(I really need a RAM upgrade - 8Gb is pathetic compared to the awesome scale of the GPP solar system)

I know what you mean.  I only had 8 GB until I finally upgraded to 32 GB in February (I also upgraded my graphics card).  Before upgrading I couldn't use the visual enhancement mods because my computer just couldn't handle it.  Now, want a difference!  I can finally experience GPP as it was meant to be.

13 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

There's another mountain that's a few hairs shy of Mount Cilos as the highest point on Gael.

It's Mount Iodos6115m tall, 25.91019 N, -60.12251 E

Added a waypoint for Mount Iodos.