[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

5 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

@Galileo: thank you for the update. I have just begun to meddle with this juggernaut of a mod and I am totally overwhelmed by the sheer size and complexity of all your work! I appreciate it very much and I am looking forward to start a full-fledged career once I can decide which mods to use.

One thing that you missed in the update seems to be the correction of the "agents.cfg" in the "GameData\GPP\GPP_Planets\Gael" folder. I wondered why the Gaelean Historians Collective logo didn't show up in Mission Control. I believe the path in the "agents.cfg" has to be adjusted to the new file/folder structure...

I reuploaded the mod to include the fixed directory.

Just a heads up, the installation instructions for GPP Textures on your github page reads:

• Open the zip file and drop the GPP_Textures folder into your GameData folder

But the zip file is correctly nestled as GameData/GPP/GPP_Textures. This is bound to cause some people to place the GPP_Textures folder incorrectly (i.e. directly inside the GameData folder) and then ask for support. Updating the instruction might be a good idea.

Hi! I come here just to say that GPP has bundled old versions of Kerbal Konstructs and Modular Flight Integrator.

I understand why you need an old version of Kerbal Konstruct, but... There is any specific reason for the old version of Modular Flight Integrator, or I could just update it without worries?

Just now, GonDragon said:

Hi! I come here just to say that GPP has bundled old versions of Kerbal Konstructs and Modular Flight Integrator.

I understand why you need an old version of Kerbal Konstruct, but... There is any specific reason for the old version of Modular Flight Integrator, or I could just update it without worries?

you can update module flight integrator but it doesn't really matter. Just do not update to the latest Kopernicus. It breaks GPP.

Hey there. I've been spending the last couple hours trying to get the update working. I did a fresh install and installed just the GPP stuff. It worked perfectly but when I tried to migrate my career and mods, things started to go wrong. Specifically, my career starts on Day 1 and 98% of my ships/bases are missing. 

I've used the career saver config as directed. One thing I also used in 1.2.2 was the GPP Rald (inner moon) configs. I've made some intelligent guesses where those files go in the new structure. 

Are these symptoms related to Rald (which I can live without in 1.2.3) or something else?  

Either way, been playing my GPP career since November and still enjoying every second of it. I've also been a quiet but faithful lurker of this forum and have really appreciated all the effort and fun.

Thanks,

C

5 minutes ago, Nomad867 said:

Are these symptoms related to Rald

Adding or removing any planet or moon during a career will threaten to break your career. GPP_CareerSaver only covers GPP's own worlds so even if you had Rald around the entire time you used GPP, your career was at risk of being broken by an update.

Problems aside, we appreciate you for being such a fan. :) 

My long green ears are burning :P 

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Luovahulluus If you have Photoshop I can send you the source PSD (700+ MB) which has the source images embedded. It can be imported into GIMP but that's all I can tell you there. Or I can send you just the eagle image (depending on how you want to edit)... Your update will override the cleanup work contributed by @eddiew as he didn't ask for the source.

I didn't realise you would have a PSD version :)  As it happens, I made some layered files with the lens flares separate to the rest of the skybox, so I can easily reconstruct the JJ Abrams version if someone else can do a better job of cleaning up the telescope lines and grittiness from the underlying photos ^^

(I haven't given up on KSP, I was just finding that my old i5 2500k is starting to show its age with all the mods I like to pack in and I'm having a hard time enjoying the game at max quality with the size of ships I want to build - and I don't want to play it looking ugly or with simpler vessels, because there is only one first-time visit to a new place! Currently waiting for AMD to release a Ryzen bios fix that will let their cpus run proper high speed memory, then I'll see where the new benchmarks end up before making a choice on what to buy.)

((Though at this rate I'll have forgotten my last career and started afresh. Which is ok, because I think I'll rescale the tech tree so that later nodes get increasingly more expensive, e.g. 2x for tier 5, 3x for tier 6, 4x for tier 7, etc. Will introduce much bigger gaps between "decent" and "epic" engines, thus adding impetus to make a new ship for every mission.))

Hi guys.

First of all, loving GPP. Freshens up KSP nicely.

On the latest update. Has solar panel effectiveness been reduced for any reason? It seems my previous craft now don't have the juice to run in the new release. Easily fixed, just wanted to know if this was planned etc. Didn't see anything in the notes.

3 hours ago, Remi said:

On the latest update. Has solar panel effectiveness been reduced for any reason? It seems my previous craft now don't have the juice to run in the new release. Easily fixed, just wanted to know if this was planned etc. Didn't see anything in the notes.

There have been some ongoing issues with solar panel power output.  In this thread we've suggested some fixes meant to remedy these problems.  If you were playing without all the fixes, then it's possible you were getting a power output way greater than it should have been (about 32 times greater).  GPP version 1.2.3, if installed correctly, incorporates all the fixes and should give you the correct power output.  This is likely why you are seeing a reduction from your previous installation.  What you are getting now should be correct.  If you put a 3x2 or 1x6 solar panel in orbit around Gael, you should get a power output of about 1.64.

8 hours ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

edit: For future reference (in case someone stumbles in and wonders what  sort of manual fix I was talking about), by "manual edit" I meant that I followed these instructions:

This problem will be cushioned by giving Grannus "normal" luminosity in the next release.
If you can, open GPP\Grannus\Grannus.cfg and change luminosity = 42 to luminosity = 1360

That's the old fix for version 1.2.2 (if you do that in version 1.2.3, it will break things).  The new fix is much better.  I won't bore you with details, but you should now get the correct solar panel power output at both Ciro and Grannus.  However, the fix only works with the Kopernicus bundled in the GPP download.  You must use the bundled Kopernicus, do not download it separately.

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

That's the old fix for version 1.2.2 (if you do that in version 1.2.3, it will break things).  The new fix is much better.  I won't bore you with details, but you should now get the correct solar panel power output at both Ciro and Grannus.  However, the fix only works with the Kopernicus bundled in the GPP download.  You must use the bundled Kopernicus, do not download it separately.

Glad I decided on reinstalling the bundled Kopernicus after all then. :) 

11 hours ago, OhioBob said:

There have been some ongoing issues with solar panel power output.  In this thread we've suggested some fixes meant to remedy these problems.  If you were playing without all the fixes, then it's possible you were getting a power output way greater than it should have been (about 32 times greater).  GPP version 1.2.3, if installed correctly, incorporates all the fixes and should give you the correct power output.  This is likely why you are seeing a reduction from your previous installation.  What you are getting now should be correct.  If you put a 3x2 or 1x6 solar panel in orbit around Gael, you should get a power output of about 1.64.

Thanks OhioBob.

That is almost certainly the problem I have had. I had noticed solar panels were a lot more efficient than I was had expected when I started a career in GPP. I assumed it was a difference in power output between Ciro and Kerbol or something.

Now I know :)

An extra power module fixed up my station, and my standard exploration ship has had a design upgrade. All good now.

Nooooo! :confused: My MM patch count is over 9000!

Here it is. My answer to @astroheiko mothership. :D The GPGT Station. All it's missing now is crew and maybe more radiators. On another note, I nailed the resolution for the composited starfield bit for the background so I tag you too  @CatastrophicFailure @RocketPCGaming

And strangely my GPP_Clouds is broken.

But will I kill someone or everyone on the way...or during just the first interplanetary transfer? We'll see. :ph34r: 

UcepLHS.jpg

XVNo3xF.jpg Ey7GWsh.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Well now MY three-way symmetry cruiser just looks lumpy and ugly :( 

8QfhkYk.jpg

...I need to get back into KSP and actually fly this thing. It took over a week to design and test and balance out the asymmetries, I should actually do something with it... It was going to go somewhere with a spaceplane, iirc, just got to remember where that was :P 

@astroheiko Dude. If I could beg and get you to install just one parts pack it would be Mk3 Stockalike Expansion. I'd love to see what you come up with...with a wider and wonderful selection of Mk3 parts, including a giant Mk3-size nuke engine, and at least 3 more crewable parts.

Here's a kindred flagship that I launched in KSP 1.1.3, the HMS NANC "Nancy" Brown a.k.a., "Not A Nuke Cluster". 6km/s I think on its LiquidFuel-only primary engines and somewhere over 1km/s and equal TWR on its 3x3 Toroidal Aerospike emergency boosters. It carried two landers and two scanner probes, and it launched direct to Dres. No orbital insertion, no gravity turn. Equivalently, it would launch direct to Gratian and land on Geminus.

Totally not showing this just to tease you and @eddiew. You both make epic ships and I wanna see more.

As for your lumpy ship, there's nothing a little Nekozjin brand creative juice won't add some aesthetic flavor to. :wink: 

wVhZeNs.jpg

5eV7UoB.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I've been absent from the forums for 2 months and it seems that Ciro adopted a star while I was gone. 

And yes, if you haven't forgotten I will keep my promise. I will get a new PC in about 2 weeks and will give you juicy 10.625x scale screenshots. 

If you are confused about who I am, I had an older account called "Antonio432" but my Email was getting hacked so I removed it to start a new one.

Alas my new usernane is just the old one but in Latin. I wanted to chug a "Novus" in there to signify this is my new account but I changed my mind.

Why Latin? Because I always thought it sounded cool and it's the basis of many languages today, despite no country officially speaking it anymore.

11 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Dr_doof captured this moment on stream:

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyMistyAsparagusShadyLulu

Just though I'd hotlink it here so you can see it.

I have just checked the current version, and I'm not seeing this issue. I am curious to know what version of GPP he was using and i would also like to know if he changed any scatterer settings prior to that playthrough

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I have just checked the current version, and I'm not seeing this issue. I am curious to know what version of GPP he was using and i would also like to know if he changed any scatterer settings prior to that playthrough

My answer may not help much but I'm sure he's using 1.2.2 as he had the Tellumo rings issue early on. He's not using 1.2.3, that's for sure.