[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 2017-5-22 at 7:18 AM, Galileo said:

There has never been an unable to load issue. There has been an unable to install correctly issue though :wink:

Im pretty sure you tried to install the dev version and didn't have the textures installed. That would cause in infinite load. Follow the install instructions and it will work

Thanks man.  

Running through RSS just now. Will try again later

I'm having an issue with getting this working. 

I'm on a brand new computer, literally nothing installed besides Steam and KSP (Windows 10)

I've followed the directions to a 'T' in every fashion I can imagine. I've uninstalled and delete the game files and re-downloaded GPP multiple times and I can't get it to work

I'm opening the fresh KSP install once, no new game, no saved data

I copy GPP, Kopernicus and Modular Flight Integrator into the game data along with the modular manager dll, It shows the loading screenshots like galileo's installed. It even asks if I want to check for updates

Every time it still loads into Kerbal on the main screen and if I start a new game it's all the old planets

I've tried it with the optional mods, loads the main screen with Kerbal but starting a new game never loads

I've tried copying over the Modulemanager license, same thing

I've tried copying the celestial bodies pdf and gpp_dVmap to the KSP directory, not game data, same thing

I've verified that I'm running it in 64bit, tried it from steam and from the directory .exe itself (tried in 32 bit as well just for the hell of it, no change)

I'm on KSP1.2.2, I've tried it with GPP 1.2.3 and 1.2.2, both do the same thing 

I've looked everywhere for install instructions beyond what's listed here but I can't find any

I feel like I'm doing everything right, just not sure what I could be doing wrong. 

Sorry if I'm missing an obvious step or something, I'm just very determined to get this working and don't know what I could be doing wrong. 

37 minutes ago, insignx9 said:

I'm having an issue with getting this working. 

I'm on a brand new computer, literally nothing installed besides Steam and KSP (Windows 10)

I've followed the directions to a 'T' in every fashion I can imagine. I've uninstalled and delete the game files and re-downloaded GPP multiple times and I can't get it to work

I'm opening the fresh KSP install once, no new game, no saved data

I copy GPP, Kopernicus and Modular Flight Integrator into the game data along with the modular manager dll, It shows the loading screenshots like galileo's installed. It even asks if I want to check for updates

Every time it still loads into Kerbal on the main screen and if I start a new game it's all the old planets

I've tried it with the optional mods, loads the main screen with Kerbal but starting a new game never loads

I've tried copying over the Modulemanager license, same thing

I've tried copying the celestial bodies pdf and gpp_dVmap to the KSP directory, not game data, same thing

I've verified that I'm running it in 64bit, tried it from steam and from the directory .exe itself (tried in 32 bit as well just for the hell of it, no change)

I'm on KSP1.2.2, I've tried it with GPP 1.2.3 and 1.2.2, both do the same thing 

I've looked everywhere for install instructions beyond what's listed here but I can't find any

I feel like I'm doing everything right, just not sure what I could be doing wrong. 

Sorry if I'm missing an obvious step or something, I'm just very determined to get this working and don't know what I could be doing wrong. 

Did you run KSP once without mods?

5 hours ago, insignx9 said:

I copy GPP, Kopernicus and Modular Flight Integrator into the game data along with the modular manager dll

You didn't mention the textures.  Did you download and install them?

There are two downloads, GPP and GPP_Textures.  After installing GPP into your GameData folder, you must copy GPP_Textures into your GPP folder.

Edited by OhioBob

@eddiew

That looks far from lumpy. I think I mentioned it before but for safety I say it again: Because of YOU I have begun to build more beautiful vehicles. Your pictures are always very beautiful and inspiring - always.

@JadeOfMaar

Did you mean that Pack with the "Hades" Engine? I just installed it and look at the new parts. There are exactly the parts that I missed. I thank you for the hint. Hopefully my old i7 870 can still work with it. Now I am able to compete :kiss:. For the many parts I will need some time, but at least a few days. Maybe we can also pull Lovahullus into the boat, his vehicle from the profile picture ... awesome.:D

Again, all this is not a (real) competition - so do not take it too seriously. I personally like it exactly as it is now. A friendly atmosphere and you learn a lot - small jokes are welcome. 

To remain at least something with the topic: The installation vin 1.2.3 worked as always problem-free. I had only minor difficulties to get the Skybox to run but this is not part of the pack - the ore problem I will probably never get rid of, does not matter.

Edited by astroheiko

@astroheiko Indeed, not intended as a competition. I'm pretty thankful you came along....or I'd still be wishing I could start this.

Tagging @Galileo while landed on Thalia with the original deadly heat curve...but with his patch that makes kerbals actually last a good while down there now, and not just mine, but yours...and yours. :wink: *points at everyone*

I'm doing as @MaxL_1023 said, long before he said it, and torch shipping. :P 

DQTAUqG.jpg

I've started my own mission report thread for this too. There won't be much story but there'll be plenty pics, all neatly filed in their own place.

4 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I can't play full scale GPP effectively - it just gets too laggy trying to build a ship large enough to get anywhere carrying kerbals. My computer is just too old :(

laaaaame :( 

On 5/22/2017 at 0:28 PM, Galileo said:

I reuploaded the mod to include the fixed directory.

When you fixed the directory did you do anything else? Everything seems to be working, but I always like to keep everything up to date. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Jim Kernan said:

When you fixed the directory did you do anything else? Everything seems to be working, but I always like to keep everything up to date. Thanks!

Nope that was it

On 5/24/2017 at 0:04 AM, eddiew said:

Well now MY three-way symmetry cruiser just looks lumpy and ugly :( 

8QfhkYk.jpg

In my opinion, this lumpy craft is one of the coolest ones in this thread!

I have a Nero transfer window coming up. I originally was planning on letting it pass, as my Tellumo rover has only visited 6 biomes and the other big rover is still on it's way… BUT now here is a competition going on, and I have over 6,5 million kerbucks wanting to be used…

17 hours ago, OhioBob said:

There are two downloads, GPP and GPP_Textures.  After installing GPP into your GameData folder, you must copy GPP_Textures into your GPP folder.

I am also having the infinite load screen.  I have had GPP ever since it first released and never had this issue.  I have followed the instructions exactly, twice.  Came here to check and found this, but I see no GPP_Textures in the download.  I have a GPP_TextureReplacer, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you're referring to.

Edit: I also re-downloaded GPP just to make sure.

Edited by kraden

22 hours ago, Galileo said:

Did you run KSP once without mods?

I did each time, I tried it once without running it vanilla just to test. I've tried it by running without mods just to the main screen, then loading in GPP, and I've tried it by starting a new game and then deleting the save file just to see if that made a difference which it did not. 

22 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@insignx9 post a screenshot of your /GameData folder and your /GPP folder

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond, I'm at work now but I'll take a screen shot when I get home tonight. For the most part it looks the same as the screen shot in the walk through before I KSP, after I boot some other files start to show, I remember one being named community tech tree or something, which is strange because I didn't have community tech tree installed in any of my tests? 

17 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I may not have done that. For some reason I vaguely remember GPP_textures being in the GPP folder by default? Maybe I'm wrong there. I'll give it a try when I get home tonight. 

Thank you guys so much for your help, I honestly didn't expect a reply so quickly. I'll follow up tonight :) 

If you have downloaded the latest GPP and now have an infinite loading screen, chances are you (like me) only downloaded the GPP.zip file.  It appears GPP has been split into two parts, and you MUST download and install both GPP.zip  and GPP_Textures.zip. 

Perhaps the install instructions could be made a bit more explicit regarding this change? Especially for those of us who have run earlier GPP releases, it's not that obvious that we needed to download two separate zip files.  There's two files listed, but no explanation of the purpose of the new zip file. 

@kraden @AG5BPilot It was separated so that in the future when GPP is updated, you won't have to download a 600mb file, only a 300mb because you will already have the textures. It's also so I don't have to upload a 600mb file every time I have to update.

And always read the readme file included in the download.

https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/blob/master/README.md

It's also mentioned in the change log in the OP:

• Separated all base textures into one directory (GPP_Textures\ ) and its own download to ease the downloads of further releases. Initial load time of KSP will take a little longer (Not too long), however, Mac and Linux users can now use .dds textures and save some ram.

I concede, the instructions aren't as explicit as in the readme, but it was mentioned.

Edited by Galileo

@kraden @AG5BPilot Here you go. Thanks for the headsup.

On 11/16/2016 at 3:55 PM, JadeOfMaar said:
  • GPP and GPP_Textures (the planet textures only) are separate downloads now, respectively 300MB and 400MB large. Make sure to install both and ensure that KSP always launches in 64-bit. Your PC/Mac/Linux box should have no less than 8GB RAM. They are separate because the textures very rarely update, and it is a waste of time for Galileo to upload and you to download so much for frequent updates to usually only the configs.

• Before you launch, if you are deep into a GPP v1.1 career then install [Download]\GPP_CareerSaver\ anywhere within GameData\ as the addition of a celestial body at v1.2.0 will break your saves. GPP v1.2.3 should not break any saves that were started in v1.2.x. But the terrain updates in v1.2.3 can destroy landed bases or ships in v1.2.2 or older.

30 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I concede, the instructions aren't as explicit as in the readme, but it was mentioned.

Fixed.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

@kraden @AG5BPilot It was separated so that in the future when GPP is updated, you won't have to download a 600mb file, only a 300mb because you will already have the textures. It's also so I don't have to upload a 600mb file every time I have to update.

And always read the readme file included in the download.

https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/blob/master/README.md

It's also mentioned in the change log in the OP:

• Separated all base textures into one directory (GPP_Textures\ ) and its own download to ease the downloads of further releases. Initial load time of KSP will take a little longer (Not too long), however, Mac and Linux users can now use .dds textures and save some ram.

That makes good sense, and thanks for that!

Unfortunately I can't open the readme file in the download... I should probably get something so I can open those...

I had read the primary bullet and was like, "ok, cool. Stuff for modders and people who understand programming" and proceeded to skip the three sub-bullets :P I will make sure to read more carefully in the future :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the update!