[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

42 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Has anyone been able to get Kerbal Konstructs working with GPP? I've tried loading it in by default but I'm getting an error because it can't find Kerbin and I don't see any config changes to where I could specify Gael. I don't even know if KK works with Kopernicus :huh:

It does work with kopernicus because there are configs that work with RSS or SSRSS.  I have not tried anything with kk in a long time though.  I used to have the launch towers in ssrss iirc

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sorry @Yargnit. I've added all your mods except any particular USI mod to my install and have not reproduced your problem, neither have I experienced any resource problems except for when the cfg file does not exist for a CRP resource.  Are all of your mods KSP 1.2.1-ready? If not, please remove or update them and try the game again. I didn't get the toolbar button with that robotic arm icon as in your screenshots so I'm suspecting old mods. The only issue GPP should cause is confusion with any mods which explicitly need the stock planets to exist.

My screenshots are right before installing your mod selection, but afterwards my situation hasn't changed.

I'll have to do a little experimenting then. the USI tools/robitic arm is from RoverDudes Konstruction mod, so I'm fairly confident it's not the issue. I did try to pull all of the extra configs out of the community resource pack so the game wouldn't have a million resources I don't use to flip through, but again it's the exact same config I used with OPM successfully, so I'm not sure why it would be different here. I'll try playing with it and see what happens though. & let you know if I come up with anything.Your screenshots still aren't showing the planetary overlay though, but you are getting the tab to work at least which I can't.

Hmm, so I put back the full community resource pack and it fixed it. Odd that OPM doesn't have any issue with me removing park of the configs but Galileo does. Any idea why that would be? I'd love to remove all references to the other resources so they aren't clogging up my interfaces. Thx again for the help .:)

Edited by Yargnit

Ok, I fixed it. I was apparently a bit to aggressive pruning the content of CommonResources.cfg in the ComminityResourcePack folder and this planet pack didn't like it even though OPM didn't mind. So I ended up leaving that file intact, but then deleted everything except for IntakeLqd out of the ResourceConfigs folder of said pack (used for submarine ballast). That, plus deleting the entire GPP_Resources folder in the GPP folder allowed me to clear both the Kerbnet overlay and the toolbar overlay to only show the Ore resource.

Thanks again for the help. :) I tend to be fairly aggressive cutting parts out of mods to only leave myself with what I need, and it occasionally backfires like this. But I am very particular about performance so anything I'm not using that I can get to make the game run faster I tend to do so.

Edit, ok you are such a troll and I LOVE you for it! You don't know how long I've wanted squad to silently make the rocks collide-able without saying anything, and you did it! Not even mad that my rover face planted into a rock and exploded, you are not my HERO!

Edited by Yargnit

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

It does work with kopernicus because there are configs that work with RSS or SSRSS.  I have not tried anything with kk in a long time though.  I used to have the launch towers in ssrss iirc

Hmm... maybe I'll need to look into it some more.

10 hours ago, Yargnit said:

Ok, I fixed it. I was apparently a bit to aggressive pruning the content of CommonResources.cfg in the ComminityResourcePack folder

-snip-

Hmm, so I put back the full community resource pack and it fixed it. Odd that OPM doesn't have any issue with me removing park of the configs but Galileo does. Any idea why that would be? I'd love to remove all references to the other resources so they aren't clogging up my interfaces. Thx again for the help .:)

Yeah... No one should touch CommonResources.cfg at all. That's where flow modes, densities and costs of resources are. GPP_Resources is equivalent to ResourceConfigs folder inside CRP and you may trim them equally. However, you should keep the Ore.cfg inside GPP_Resources. That one's very important, especially for players who don't use other resources.

I mentioned on the previous page, and @Nhawks17 just met it too. GPP will cause issues with mods that explicitly require the stock planets to exist. OPM merely sits with them so there'll be no problems tweaking as you like in there. No other planet pack removes stock planets like this one does, so bad things will happen. When I began writing GPP_Resources I had problems where if a cfg file did not exist for GPP, while it existed in CRP its resource would still be absent.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yeah... No one should touch CommonResources.cfg at all. That's where flow modes, densities and costs of resources are. GPP_Resources is equivalent to ResourceConfigs folder inside CRP and you may trim them equally. However, you should keep the Ore.cfg inside GPP_Resources. That one's very important, especially for players who don't use other resources.

I mentioned on the previous page, and @Nhawks17 just met it too. GPP will cause issues with mods that explicitly require the stock planets to exist. OPM merely sits with them so there'll be no problems tweaking as you like in there. No other planet pack removes stock planets like this one does, so bad things will happen. When I began writing GPP_Resources I had problems where if a cfg file did not exist for GPP, while it existed in CRP its resource would still be absent.

Yup! I actually figured out what was causing it. KK doesn't itself call for Kerbin, it was LLL KSC++ that was doing it, going in the configs and changing them to Gael fixed it and now I'm currently porting KSC++ over to GPP :P But I'm having to do it manually because the coordinates are all changed

Looks great. Congratulations on release (I know, I'm late)! II look forward to using this with Galactic Neighbourhood. Also, thanks for keeping performance in mind when you update your mods. Many people would simply say "Too laggy for you? Bad luck!". Thanks,

Benji13.

Here is a look at sneak peak at the new Hadrian.. 
ewmYxE1.png

1 minute ago, Nhawks17 said:

I think I'm falling in love with it :confused: I'm also working on support for the KSCFloodlight mod with more stock-like textures and that looks amazing too.

That is by far my favorite little addon.. The floodlights, so small, yet add so much to the game Thanks for doing this..

Looks like Hadrian is getting a makeover. What kind of environment are you giving it? It looks close enough to Nero for tidal heating to play a role, especially with other moons in the system adding further perturbations. Does it have a more substantial atmosphere? Liquid hydrocarbons or nitrogen oceans? I need to know what to bring with my first mission to the system :P

http://imgur.com/a/Gxt9g ... I think I'm in love. Gael just has something that Kerbin lacks, but that may just be the sheer amount of time I've been stuck looking at it. The other planets are equal to if not higher in quality to stock when it comes to design, and in aesthetics they are leaps and bounds ahead. Thank you so much for making this, I may be able to squeeze another few hundred hours out of KSP now, before boredom comes a knocking! This just became a new required mod for me to play ksp.

3 minutes ago, TheUnamusedFox said:

http://imgur.com/a/Gxt9g ... I think I'm in love. Gael just has something that Kerbin lacks, but that may just be the sheer amount of time I've been stuck looking at it. The other planets are equal to if not higher in quality to stock when it comes to design, and in aesthetics they are leaps and bounds ahead. Thank you so much for making this, I may be able to squeeze another few hundred hours out of KSP now, before boredom comes a knocking! This just became a new required mod for me to play ksp.

Outstanding perspective in that screenshot with that first shot! wow..

4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Looks like Hadrian is getting a makeover. What kind of environment are you giving it? It looks close enough to Nero for tidal heating to play a role, especially with other moons in the system adding further perturbations. Does it have a more substantial atmosphere? Liquid hydrocarbons or nitrogen oceans? I need to know what to bring with my first mission to the system :P

We took your suggestion and gave Hadrain liquid nitrogen oceans.  Between its lower albedo and a thicker atmosphere, I was able to warm it up from 58 K to 65 K.

7 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

We took your suggestion and gave Hadrain liquid nitrogen oceans.  Between its lower albedo and a thicker atmosphere, I was able to warm it up from 58 K to 65 K.

I will make my entire ship out of superconducting magnets, set up some rails and make the Ciro system's most insane transport system. 

On a more serious note, not sure how reliable this is but apparently Pluto once had liquid nitrogen lakes. I did not know it had climate cycles that extreme - it is too cold (plus not enough atmosphere) for it presently. They gave it a pressure of about 0.4 atm during this warm phase. 

http://www.seeker.com/pluto-may-have-nitrogen-lakes-that-freeze-and-thaw-1771112641.html

RoflKoptering through Tarsiss atmosphere on the dark side. Managed to catch Gauss and Catullus in the sky at once. Jornard Keman is a very happy victim test pilot.

.....Valentina died. :(

4BP5B5W.png

All in the name of SCIENCE and development of this star system mod, of course.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Are you flying through the atmosphere nose first, or am I slightly impaired?

If so, we got a BadS over here.

Here is another article about nitrogen-dominated climate cycles - seems like early Titan might have had this (sun was 30% dimmer when it formed). 

http://www.exoclimes.com/news/recent-results/nitrogen-oceans-the-climate-of-early-titan/

I wonder how far out a body would need to be to have liquid hydrogen...