[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Just installed this mod today, some brilliant work!!

I do have one slight issue though.

It seems that Nero and Gauss have no textures. They come up as black spheres in both the science archives and the tracking station. Their moons seem unaffected though.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

EDIT:

Seems I have found and solved the issue. If the Texture Quality is set to anything under Half Res, the two planets lose their textures.

Might have to try and find some coin for an upgrade to the hardware 

Edited by Dwarfy
Solution Found

15 hours ago, Dwarfy said:

It seems that Nero and Gauss have no textures. They come up as black spheres in both the science archives and the tracking station. Their moons seem unaffected though.

EDIT:

Seems I have found and solved the issue. If the Texture Quality is set to anything under Half Res, the two planets lose their textures.

Thanks for noticing. :) This is a fascinating issue in that you didn't name all of the gas giants. Those two happen to have larger texture files than Otho does.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Thanks for noticing. :) This is a fascinating issue in that you didn't name all of the gas giants. Those two happen to have larger texture files than Otho does.

14 hours ago, Dwarfy said:

EDIT:

I fixed the issue and will include it in the next update

Edited by Galileo

14 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The fact that it was only the 2 of them had me confused as well. I figured if it was an installation issue it would have been all of them. 

I also knew they had worked, as when I first installed the mod, I went and had a look at all the planets with the highest possible display settings, then when I turned the settings down to make the game playable on my slow old PC, they were gone.

Didn't put 2 and 2 together that this had caused to issue until after 2 further attempts at installing the mod, and trying each of my other mods 1 by 1 on a clean install of KSP!!

Currently have the following settings and it works fine

Terrain Detail :- HIGH

Terrain Scatters :- Enabled

Scatter Density :- 50%

Render Quality Level :- Fastest

Texture Quality :- Half Res

Every setting other than Texture Quality seems to have no effect on the planets or moons textures being displayed

Just now, Dwarfy said:

The fact that it was only the 2 of them had me confused as well. I figured if it was an installation issue it would have been all of them. 

I also knew they had worked, as when I first installed the mod, I went and had a look at all the planets with the highest possible display settings, then when I turned the settings down to make the game playable on my slow old PC, they were gone.

Didn't put 2 and 2 together that this had caused to issue until after 2 further attempts at installing the mod, and trying each of my other mods 1 by 1 on a clean install of KSP!!

Currently have the following settings and it works fine

Terrain Detail :- HIGH

Terrain Scatters :- Enabled

Scatter Density :- 50%

Render Quality Level :- Fastest

Texture Quality :- Half Res

Every setting other than Texture Quality seems to have no effect on the planets or moons textures being displayed

yeah, these were 2 of the first planets made, and for some reason I saved them as 16 bit as opposed to 8 bit like the rest of the planets and moons so i have a feeling thats what was causing the issue.. We will have an update out soon and the issue should be fixed.. Thanks for catching that.

On 11/22/2016 at 10:35 AM, Majorjim! said:

More pictures please!!

Did someone say Hadrian? :)

Caught an eclipse while splashed. In the final pic, Gauss shines through Nero's rings.

lyy9NRp.jpg

1ucGUlK.jpgaheAAxm.jpgbe95wVi.jpgZs88SRA.jpg3GxNQBq.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar
added flyinglow picture

Hey - just a couple graphics questions:

1. The moons Iota and Ceti (only ones I have looked at in detail lately, working my way out in career) appear to have more surface detail in map view than in the main view. Is this intended, or do I have my graphics too low? Is the map view what it looks like on maximum settings?

2. Neither moon seems to have any craters? Is this intended, or am I borked again? I don't mind if it is intended, just wondering. 

Just now, MaxL_1023 said:

Hey - just a couple graphics questions:

1. The moons Iota and Ceti (only ones I have looked at in detail lately, working my way out in career) appear to have more surface detail in map view than in the main view. Is this intended, or do I have my graphics too low? Is the map view what it looks like on maximum settings?

2. Neither moon seems to have any craters? Is this intended, or am I borked again? I don't mind if it is intended, just wondering. 

The detail is the same in map view and in normal view. the only time it changes is when you get close enough for the height map to render which is below 100km on Ceti and 50Km on Iota

the lack of craters is intentional to make getting science easier in the early game so you can visit the rest of the system eventually..But if you ever visit the dark side of those planets you will find much tougher terrain

Edited by Galileo

I have Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbin Side currently installed in KSP, will this mod affect any of these mods I have installed and/or the KSC itself? 

And by the way, the mod looks absolutely beautiful. I cannot believe you were able to create a mod that literally erases everything and creates something new. Cant wait to install!

32 minutes ago, Kerbal the Kerbal said:

I have Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbin Side currently installed in KSP, will this mod affect any of these mods I have installed and/or the KSC itself? 

And by the way, the mod looks absolutely beautiful. I cannot believe you were able to create a mod that literally erases everything and creates something new. Cant wait to install!

Yes it will effect those mods because kerbin does not exist in this planet pack

This version of GPP works fine for KSP 1.2.1 - I have been using it with no issues beyond being so distracted by the map screen that I forget to go anywhere.

On a different note, can claws grip non-asteroid bodies? I want to land on Lili at some point but its superrotation is really messing my plans up. I need some sort of anchor unless I want to have an engine pointing upwards. 

Hello, I'm having an issue with Kopernicus throwing NullRefs. I'm hoping its related to the alternate issue I'm having with Scatterer's water not working. I just have the stock, bland water it seems. First things first I suppose though. Now I was going to post this in the Kopernicus thread naturally, but seeing is how you've instructed to use version 1.2.1-1 of Kpernicus I thought I better post here instead.   

KSP.log

Output_log

Mod List

Why the heck is Kerbal Alarm Clock still throwing NullRefs? I deleted it o.O. I even went through every folder to see if I had a duplicate somewhere. Nothing. Anyway...  Any ideas?   

Edited by Motokid600

Just now, Motokid600 said:

Hello, I'm having an issue with Kopernicus throwing NullRefs. I'm hoping its related to the alternate issue I'm having with Scatterer's water not working. I just have the stock, bland water it seems. First things first I suppose though. Now I was going to post this in the Kopernicus thread naturally, but seeing is how you've instructed to use version 1.2.1-1 of Kpernicus I thought I better post here instead.   

KSP.log

Output_log

Mod List

Why the heck is Kerbal Alarm Clock still throwing NullRefs? I deleted it o.O. I even went through every folder to see if I had a duplicate somewhere. Nothing. Anyway...  Any ideas?   

I forgot to mention, but Kopernicus updated again and it should fix the nul refs. download the latest version and that should fix it.

Just be sure to use that latest module manager. I think Kopernicus is still be distributed with and older version :( 

Cool I'll try that next chance I get and report back. Thanks. In the meantime any idea what could be causing scatterers water to not function? I'm hoping the issue is related to this Kopernicus thing, but something tells me that's not the case.

Edit: Hm. Yea no luck. Still getting NRE's from Kopernicus. Less of them, but there still there. I'm also getting NREs from mods ive since deleted. Kerbal Alarm Clock and Kerbal Konstructs. Ah well. I'm scrapping the entire installation. Going to try again with a fresh one.

Edited by Motokid600