Mod Sorter Needed!

DeltaDizzy

I came into the KSP community not too long ago, but i now have the need for a part sorter. Filter Extensions just doesn't seem to do it, because I need to just click a few buttons and just see the parts normally. Filter Extensions also doesn't mod sort by default and modders have to specifically implement the tabs. I want to just be able to throw something together, even if I have a lot of mods.. It would also help if there were multiple filters for mods. Does anyone know of a mod that can help?

Edited by GRLevel15

On 17/11/2016 at 3:00 PM, GRLevel15 said:

Filter Extensions also doesn't mod sort by default

I can't decide if you're actually talking about sorting (order of individual parts, FE doesn't touch it) or categorisation (everything FE does do). If you are in fact meaning categorisation, you will find that by default (it is an optional setting) FE turns the manufacturer tab into an auto filled "parts by mod" (divided up by their folders in GameData) zone.

If that doesn't cover what you're after for some reason and you end up making your own mod (:rep:), you can find the code FE uses to generate the list of those folders here

Edited by Crzyrndm

I mean that to do the mod sort function you have yo go into advanced mode, but sometimes just grabbing it in basic mode can save a lot of time, especially since FE tabs don't have a scroll bar unless I'm mistaken. Is There a way to make mod tabs appear on Basic mode with as little scrolling?

Edited by GRLevel15

You need a seperate UI to do it without scrolling and and FE only uses stock UI (Actually one of the reasons FE exists, the other categoriser mod UI's just never worked for me). There is a hidden trick in the stock UI that lets you combine subcategory filters from multiple categories, if you right click on any category (eg. Filter by manufacturer), the current category doesn't close and a second lot of subcategories are added to the bottom. You can then select a subcategory from each category

Example: all tech 6 engines

It's not exactly perfect, but so long as you drag to scroll (scroll wheel is slow), it's quite a useful little feature (yet another reason FE defaults the categories visible...)

Yes, it actually quite useful, but it doesn't keep it if you go into basic, because that's what I'm trying to do, get them sorted by mod in basic mode.

Guess I'll just use what I have now (Filter Extensions), and just use it until someone can maybe reboot SimplePartOrganizer. :( I miss it

Janitor's closet fixed this. Requesting closure.

Edited by DeltaDizzy