Dawn Engine.

This challenge is weird, and takes patience.

It's also quite simple.  Build a ship to visit every planet, and a lander to land on them.  The trick is, you can only use the Dawn Engine to get to every planet.  However, you can use liquid fuel to build the ship.  And liquid fuel for the ONE lander.  But that's it!

So, you need:

1 ship, with as many Dawn Engines as you wish/need, 1 lander, and whatever else you want.

1 lander, with whatever you need.

1 Kerbol System.

At least 1 Kerbal.

Rulez:

Ship must be powered only by the dawn engine.

The lander is the only thing powered by liquid fuel.

Ship and lander must be separate, and be attached by docking.

No mods, however, MechJeb IS allowed.

Good Luck!

Ask me if you have any questions.

Edited by MrCalvinator

I would have to agree that the challenge looks both easy and require a lot of patience. Since you're allowed to use liquid fuel to actually build the ship (required to actually get into orbit from Kerbin since the dawn engine has too low of a thrust to even get itself into orbit). Once in orbit, the acceleration of your vessel can approach zero and you'll still be able to escape the planet or moon. So you have two crafts. The lander which is capable of landing and taking off from any system body and the fuel tanker that actually moves from system to system. So figure out how much fuel you actually need to perform the various landings and then push that tank of fuel using a Dawn engine along with enough xenon to go to each planet and moon. You may be able to reduce the overall size of the craft by including a ISRU to make more fuel for the lander. 

*be right back, going to push my Eve lander to Eve using only one ion engine...*

but seriously...

@MrCalvinator you only have to prove it's possible.  That doesn't always require doing the whole thing, but most people will provide an example for short challenges.  It's probably possible, but I don't think many people will want to wait so long for all of their burns.  Maybe a good alternative is to allow an unlimited number of ion engines and score the challenge by whoever can use the fewest.

37 minutes ago, sdj64 said:

*be right back, going to push my Eve lander to Eve using only one ion engine...*

but seriously...

@MrCalvinator you only have to prove it's possible.  That doesn't always require doing the whole thing, but most people will provide an example for short challenges.  It's probably possible, but I don't think many people will want to wait so long for all of their burns.  Maybe a good alternative is to allow an unlimited number of ion engines and score the challenge by whoever can use the fewest.

So, a challenge of patience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.