Titan Rocket Family (STOCK) The Complete Edition!

Titan Rocket Family

Image result for titan ii glv

These are all based off the real deal: correct stripes, stages, etc.

*Does not contain nuclear warheads; sold separately*

Spoiler

Titan I (SM-68A)

oT8ekH1.png

Being the first missile of the Titan Family, the Titan I was also the United State's first ICBM, developed 1959-1965.  The project was threatened to be cancelled multiple times due to budget and the space race, but was not. It proved to have a greater potential than the Atlas Missile.

Characteristics: Two stages, two on the first and one on the second, Liquid-fueled engines.

Titan II (SM-68B)

9bAnEN3.png

The Titan II was the successor to the Titan I. The Titan II used hypergolic fuel and had double the payload size. After the Titan I was developed, the program noticed that it could be improved to carry a much larger and heavier payload for a further distance.

Characteristics: Two stages, two on the first and one on the second, Hypergolic fuel (able to be stored).

Titan II GLV (Gemini Launch Vehicle)

DnU9Adw.png

p5tibDg.png

The Titan II GLV is derived from the Titan II ICBM, used to launch the Gemini missions for NASA, which was to practice for the upcoming Apollo Programs. 

Characteristics: Two stages, two engines on the first and one on the second, Hypergolic liquid fuel.

Titan IIIB-Agena

VYkk5Xe.png

The Titan IIIB-Agena, derived from the Titan II rocket, was a three staged rocket used to lift satellites into low Earth orbit.

Characteristics: Three stages, two on the first, two on the second, and one on the third, Liquid-fueled engines.

Titan IIIB-Centaur

JFh7Jj4.png

The Titan IIIB-Centaur is a combination of the powerful Titan III booster and Centaur upper stage, making it the most powerful for planetary exploration. It lifted multiple payloads to Mars, Mercury, and flybys of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. The Titan III also launched Voyager 1, which currently is the most distant man-made object.

Characteristics: Three stages, two boosters, two engines on the first stage, one on the second, and two on the third, Liquid and Solid-fueled.

Titan IIIC

HSiCeV0.png

The Titan IIIC is the first Titan booster to be paired with solid rocket motors, it was planned to be used as the launcher for the MOL but the program was cancelled.

Characteristics: Three stages, two boosters, two engines on the first stage, one on the second, and two on the third, Liquid and Solid-fueled.

Titan IIIC-MOL (Manned Orbital Laboratory)

MqzwMAL.png

Od0Smv3.png

The MOL was a proposed space station during the Gemini program but was cancelled due to the Vietnam War taking most of the country's defense budget.

Characteristics: Two stages, two boosters, two engines on the first stage, one on the second, Liquid and Solid-fueled.

Titan IV

lEOQljg.png

When it was introduced in the mid 1980s, it was considered the largest unmanned booster used by the USAF. Intended to supplement the Space Shuttle, it was halted after the Challenger disaster. The Titan IV kept flying until it's retirement in 2005 due to the high cost to operate.

Characteristics: Two stages, two boosters, two engines on the first stage, one on the second, Liquid and Solid-fueled.

There you have it, the entire Titan Family in one thread. I had a lot of fun with these, although it was a bit tedious getting the stripes "painted" on. It's possible I may do a thread on the Atlas and Delta family, so be sure to keep on the lookout.

Thanks for checking this out, MK.

Edited by Munbro Kerman

Good luck, man. The Titan family is probably one of the hardest projects in KSP. I do like the stripes with the ore tanks though, that's clever.

You know, this reminds me of this town I always pass through when I go to visit my relatives. There's a fast food chicken place there with a Titan I right outside it. No idea how it got there or why they even have it, but I've heard the joke that it's in case McDonald's decides to try something.

That Titan II looks awesome! I like how you went for full detail with the black stripes on it.

9 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Good luck, man. The Titan family is probably one of the hardest projects in KSP. I do like the stripes with the ore tanks though, that's clever.

You know, this reminds me of this town I always pass through when I go to visit my relatives. There's a fast food chicken place there with a Titan I right outside it. No idea how it got there or why they even have it, but I've heard the joke that it's in case McDonald's decides to try something.

3 hours ago, Yukon0009 said:

That Titan II looks awesome! I like how you went for full detail with the black stripes on it.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Thanks, I'll need it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I almost forgot about this thread but fear not. All ships were rebuilt but I never got around to posting pictures, so I'm releasing them tonight, and adding the last set of rockets to complete the thread.

Edited by Munbro Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.