Kerbal Parkinson's Disease

This animation glitch has been there since as long as I can remember, is it so hard to fix?

From my observation it appears the game is trying to play two animation layers at the same time, one designed for 'flight' and the other for the 'landed' state. For some reason the 'flight' layer is still active when landed.

Please, heal our Kerbals!

P.S. Is there anyone here from the QA team, was it reported to Squad devs already in the past?

Edited by Enceos

Yeah, directly picking on someone is one thing, but we may be searching a little hard for reasons to feel righteous.  Our crystal posteriors shouldn't detract from a guy's observation.  On the flip side, a free marketplace of ideas, like a good university, is a place where we are presented with many different ideas and the presenters shouldn't be thin-skinned when they are told "Jon, your thesis is f-ing dumb.  Allow me to describe how dumb it is with the use of these diagrams and PowerPoint slides.".

With regard to him mentioning it in a public space, it's not like he is screaming at strangers.  He is pointing out a glitch to other technophiles who play the same game, and he is using a humorous if off-color way of describing the glitch.  He also provided a gif of the problem.  Honestly, I would be hard pressed to find a more concise description of his glitch without referencing dated cartoons, etc.

On one side we try not to be jerks to each other.  We reserve judgement until someone presents their ideas in whole.  Searching for reasons to feel offended leads to a form of mob censorship that can become dangerous.  On the other side, when you submit an idea, joke, question, you accept the risk that someone is going to call you a fool.  

Woth regard to his bug, I have no idea how to fix it.

I dont think anyone thinks there is a great offence taking place, but there is such a thing as "poor taste" and you dont have to be a liberal-safe-space-trigger-sensitive wallflower to see it.

Since noone has been hurt, how about we err on the side of caution and stick to the topic.

9 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Since noone has been hurt, how about we err on the side of caution and stick to the topic.

The offense discussion has come and gone, and it was relevant, but it's time to go back to the topic - the glitch. A further off-topic post was removed.

Edited by monstah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.