R.A.P.I.E.R won't switch mode.

So, I decided to finally try to make a spaceplane SSTO. It's all going well, until i got to the altitude where i need to switch mode. My engines didn't change mode, so i used the action group i set to change their mode. Didn't work. Ok. I tried manually changing their mode. Still didn't work. I've tried everything, and the Rapiers won't change mode. I've restarted the game (as well as my computer), i've done everything i can think of and it just won't work. can someone please tell me why this is happening?

Craft file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx91FQJHP8inZkI5QWs5OTFNaXM?usp=sharing

2A78CB2CFACDFC427109499FABBAAF250A104D5F

NOTE: I haven't tried deleting and redownloading my game. I think it may be because of some modifications i did to the squad folder in order to attempt to make a mod, but i still don't think it should of made the difference that it did.

Edited by TruKaveKi11er
adding .craft file

2 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I don't have this issue. Do you have oxidizer on board? I know it seems silly but I have made worse mistakes than that before. 

Yes i do. The picture shows the ship, and i didn't remove any oxidizer from it. Alsoi have it saved and i checked. By the way - it can work even without the switched mode, but it still can't switch mode and that's a big problem (obviously.)

Also, just wondering - what are some of the worse things? i don't think you can get much worse than forgetting oxidizer. 

Edited by TruKaveKi11er
adding something.

7 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I have forgotten parachutes, batteries, RCS fuel and in RO have had the wrong type of fuel in the tank.

Also, do you use any mods? And messing with the squad folder screwed up a lot the one time I tried to change something.

Yea, i use several mods. But whats wrong is the way it now does the modes. Instead of using the toggle mode button, which now does nothing, instead it works on multiple engines. I'll upload a picture soon.

Edited by TruKaveKi11er
Fixing a problem in my horribly written post.

3 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I notice that if you don't have enough air intakes it will go to closed cycle on initial ignition. 

Its a problem with it not going to the closed cycle mode, not the other way round.

17 hours ago, Foxster said:

I think you'll need to post the craft file so we can try it on our installations to confirm whether it is the craft or your installation. 

I've added it. Please just check if its the craft or my game (of course, as u said.)

2 minutes ago, bewing said:

Works for me. I made a small change to the staging, but otherwise this is your exact plane. ClosedCycle kicked in automatically at a little over 29km -- I took this screenshot a fraction of a second later.

http://imgur.com/a/jIOPl

OK. I guess i will try deleting and reinstalling my Squad folder and removing most of my mods.

12 minutes ago, TruKaveKi11er said:

OK. I guess i will try deleting and reinstalling my Squad folder and removing most of my mods.

Might do the mods first. They often cause this sort of problem.

OK, got it to a 75 x 71km orbit with 1126 Ox and 906 Lf remaining. My takeoff wasn't so good, but oh well -- I didn't lose any pieces. But according to me, you've got way way way too much Ox on this thing.

(And I'd probably dump the bicoupler and just go with a single nuke, to save weight, just for a little additional kibitzing.)

Edited by bewing

On 11/21/2016 at 7:16 PM, bewing said:

Might do the mods first. They often cause this sort of problem.

OK, got it to a 75 x 71km orbit with 1126 Ox and 906 Lf remaining. My takeoff wasn't so good, but oh well -- I didn't lose any pieces. But according to me, you've got way way way too much Ox on this thing.

(And I'd probably dump the bicoupler and just go with a single nuke, to save weight, just for a little additional kibitzing.)

Do you have any delta-v readings? I'm curious how much delta-v it should have.

2 hours ago, TruKaveKi11er said:

Do you have any delta-v readings? I'm curious how much delta-v it should have.

OK, so I removed all that nasty excess oxidizer and replaced it with nice Lf tanks that actually give you some decent deltaV. Here's the (slightly more) modified craft.

http://pastebin.com/raw/uRYJEhW9

Did a rather pathetic job of getting it to orbit. Got to 74 x 71km with 1796 Lf and 0 Ox. Which is a deltaV of 2256 m/s on the nukes.

But like I said above, there's a heck of a lot more you could do to streamline this thing (to reduce drag and weight).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.