[1.21]Aircraft Carrier Accessories

flywlyx

RMNSemf.jpg

Spoiler

DgC0Hhk.png

Current Version Including Arresting wire System ,catapult and Optical Lading System.

Arresting wire include a hook and a wire. Mount wire to the deck and hook on the plane. Drop hook to hook the wire and retract hook to release from wire.

Catapult is the white block, drive the front landing gear to the white block, the block turns blue after grab the wheel, brake to prepare, the block will turn yellow after that. Release the brake to launch. You can brake during the launch to terminate the launch. Right click the catapult to change the target velocity.

Optical landing system added.

Hide the white block under the Deck and place the green window at the ideal glide slope.

Aircraft should fly through the green window and land on the white block.

Yellow vertical/horizontal indicator means you are on position.

Red means you are on the left/bottom of ideal approaching slope, green means opposite.

Cyan line indicate relative velocity and red line indicate relative position.

Download: "http://spacedock.info/mod/1068/Aircraft Carrier Accessories"

Check Release Topic:

Edited by flywlyx

29 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Great job man! Really look forward to seeing how this continues to develop. And I was curious. Where is the carrier in your screenshot from?

Next plan is OLS, after that I will work on put This cv in game. It from a free model website, not really sure the original source.

21 minutes ago, flywlyx said:

Next plan is OLS, after that I will work on put This cv in game. It from a free model website, not really sure the original source.

This one looks like a 3d model of USS Enterprise CV. You probably know we already have Nimitz-class in a game from another mod, which is very massive and don't even fit inside SPH.

US_Navy_120125-N-XO220-364_The_aircraft_

8 hours ago, ThirdOfSeven said:

This one looks like a 3d model of USS Enterprise CV. You probably know we already have Nimitz-class in a game from another mod, which is very massive and don't even fit inside SPH.

Enterprise doesn't fit in too. My plan is to make Enterprise a single part. Which will include all the rudder, engine.etc .

Hi, great mod the carrier builders  of LBP thank you.

1 hour ago, flywlyx said:

My plan is to make Enterprise a single part.

It would be best to keep the rudder and engine separate, this is because it can be a nightmare getting the ctrl surface/rudder to move as you'd expect, it seems that the ctrl surf module expects the rudder to be aligned in only one direction, having it any other way makes it pivot in strange ways.  While the engine can be combined removing it to it's own part reduces the main cfg down to a semi sensible size, it's going to be huge anyway, with a dozen animations etc, and makes it easier to tune and to an extent future proof.  Just mt two cents though :) .  Drop me a line if there's anything i can help with .

Hey, great mod. a few problems with it. 1. can you actually give a manufacturer 

2. please add a description to the parts

3. i dont know if this is just me but i cant find the arrester hook. can find the wire but not the hook

Just my thoughts and for a future idea. add "the meatball" landing light system so you know your approch angle

On 11/20/2016 at 10:56 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

It would be best to keep the rudder and engine separate, this is because it can be a nightmare getting the ctrl surface/rudder to move as you'd expect, it seems that the ctrl surf module expects the rudder to be aligned in only one direction, having it any other way makes it pivot in strange ways.  While the engine can be combined removing it to it's own part reduces the main cfg down to a semi sensible size, it's going to be huge anyway, with a dozen animations etc, and makes it easier to tune and to an extent future proof.  Just mt two cents though :) .  Drop me a line if there's anything i can help with .

Yes, optical landing system. Since the light and runway has some relative location issue, the 1st roll out will come with my all-in-one CV mod. I will consider how to separate them after ward.

On 11/20/2016 at 10:56 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Be as a lazybones ®. I plan to remove all the lifter animation, Instead, I will add hangar system, and all plane will be stored on the lifer. And since I write a standalone rudder, the right click menu is not as long as hell:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Congrats for the release, cannot wait to test the Enterprise and the OLS.

Maybe Crew Capacity of 300 is too much ? (when using KIS, the GUI is larger than any possible screen).

True, it is designed to hold the pilot for hangar MOD. I will decress it to 5 on Next update.

5 hours ago, dmav522 said:

I cant find the major parts (catapult,wires,OLS) in the SPH (v1.2) what do I type in to find them?

41 minutes ago, iplayksp said:

every part except the enterprise show up but the enterprise dosen't have the systems  

All parts are in structural, their name should be what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.First off, thanks for your mod!

I have a few questions about OLS. 

I had this idea of putting a drone rover with OLS at either end of the runway. I kinda ran against three problems. I am not sure if there is a FAQ around.

One. For some reason, the game will lag heavily when spawning on the runway. Once I was off it, it was ok until I spawn a different craft on the runway. Not sure if this is due to the ILS slope gui intersecting with the runway mesh.

Is it ok to put the OLS on other parts than your CV parts?

Two, it seems that whenever I put the OLS on a different craft such as the said drone rover, the game sometimes spawn the craft 5000m above the runway, freefall drop like a skydive in Pilotwings on SNES lol.

Three. The general OLS guidance gui + cockpit laserpoint only seems to appear at 1km range, which is damn short for most of my crafts since some are coming im with 80 to 100m/s (yeah too fast, but I love it all kerbally).

I wasn't able to see the guide slope line in the SPH editor but this my be to my lowend laptop. Does the angle of the part play a role?

Or even better, is it possible to raise the range of the OLS guide? Provided there is a limit. I checked the partcfg, but so far only edites the part's R&D availability to Engineering101node.

never mind the third issue. Didnt see that the other thread had a minimod of your mod with a 10km range. Provided it works for 1.2.2

Edited by Spraki

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.