No more public features I like.

Mr. Quark

So far for me there are no more public features that I am looking forward too. I know the rocket parts overhaul is gonna be in the main game sometime (According to the wiki). But I don't know anything to look forward too (That has been announced to the public). But this is just me rambling on and I already think this is too long. That's about it.

I'm getting this stuff from the wiki. Which has nothing that is gonna be added except for the Rocket Part Overhaul.

Edited by Mr. Quark

If by 'public features' you mean Squad announcing their plans and what they want to do/include in future updates then it's no surprise they haven't given any details.   1.2 has not been out long for a start, and ideas for 1.3 and beyond are obviously in existence, but very likely still far too subject to change to be broadcast with any real confidence that they will even make it at all, never mind in the form they may be now.  look what happened to the comms stuff, they said it would be in a release, then had to backtrack when it wasn't ready.  

39 minutes ago, Mr. Quark said:

I'm getting this stuff from the wiki. Which has nothing that is gonna be added except for the Rocket Part Overhaul.

The Overhaul will never be added. You can download the mod but that's as far as you're going to get. Why? Porkjet left, and as far as we know, they have made no progress.

Just now, Gaarst said:

The Wiki is not official and last time I checked the "planned features" (or whatever it's called) was long outdated. Don't use it a source of information on the game's development.

100%. They call GP2 a "big maybe" but we all know that we're never going to get planets. So many things that would be cool but will never be added.

Just now, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

If they hadn't gotten in such a hurry to release 1.0, I would have assumed life support, more planets, rover fluff, and another massive art pass were forthcoming. I've just decided to stick with the version I have and mods the liquid out of it.

I <3 GitHub. 

Should've done that, that's a good idea. 

We're actually at a point now where we essentially no idea what's coming up in 1.3. As mentioned, the wiki list is essentially meaningless now (pretty much everything on it is stuff that was said 2+ years ago, by people who don't even work for Squad anymore, and there are a couple of things which are pretty misleading), and Squad has kept quiet about it for now, other than that 1.3 is planned to exist at all.

8 hours ago, Mr. Quark said:

@pandaman Well they haven't released any (this is debatable) good plans on what they will, well... Ever do, look at the wiki.  There are only 4 features (or 3 if you don't count the SDK thing) that they will might add any time soon (Update wise not time wise).

That's the point.  Any details they may release about future 'plans' may need to change for any number of reasons.  The only 'accurate' information could most likely just be a list of 'we would like to do these at some point' items, which is not much different to what we already have.  But, unfortunately such a list is always subject to change and would get interpreted as a 'promise' to do them, when it is nothing of the sort.  

As much as I am as curious about what the future holds as anyone. I'd rather have the details when they are finalised and accurate, and therefore actually going to happen, and not vague items on some wishlist open to interpretation and conjecture by people like me who have no knowledge of the facts. 

Edited by pandaman

25 minutes ago, Overland said:

I can dream..

New for 1.3

We weld the cracks in planets!

We bring back 0.90 wheels

Scatter mod is stock

Kax is stock

KIS/KAS is stock

NO OTHER CHANGES

/End dream of perfection

I dream the same. Plus clouds maybe.

My fear is that with every Big New Version that comes out, fewer and fewer modders will have the inclination to update their mods - due to various things from lack of time needed to update a mod again and again to merely having been into KSP for several years and moving on to another game - so as time goes on and versions come out, the available mod count starts to drop...

20 hours ago, HoloYolo said:

The Overhaul will never be added. You can download the mod but that's as far as you're going to get. Why? Porkjet left, and as far as we know, they have made no progress.

Do we actually know that, though? SQUAD has been silent on the matter to my knowledge, but I am like to miss something.

Edited by Guest

I dream too...
1.3: Major existing bugs fixed (e.g. terrain seams), no new bugs, all game engine physics jankiness and performance problems sorted. Console port updated to same status.
Core game becomes a stable platform, mass mod-disruption and slew of new bugs on every release stops.

I can see many people are worried thinking there wont be more development of the game in the future. I must be very weird but I would prefer the game not to be developed anymore, unless it is to add something mods can't provide. I can't see the point in adding more planets or this new communication system, when we already had Remote Tech or quite a few planet packs to choose from. The same for part revamp, when we have dozens of part mods which are amazing to choose from to customize your own game.

In my opinion, Squad should focus in fixing bugs and making KSP as light and mod friendly as possible. Let us admit that this game is made to be modded, it is impossible for squad to compite with this modding community. They should make a strong, big and light framework and leave the rest for the modders.

Best whishes!

Edited by Perringo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.