Probe Control Point

Probe Control Point

What is the function of a Probe Control Point you ask.  It enables remote control of probes that are no longer connected to the KSC.  Think of having a RC car race on Eeloo

The only part that has a Probe Control Point is the MK1-2 Command Module.

pdFKt7m.png

I suggest that additional parts should have this feature. 

Give the PPD-10 some love and attention.  Enable the Probe Control Point for this part.  This part should have some additional function to it other than hauling kerbals and snacks.

285px-PPD-10_Hitchhiker_Storage_Containe

As for any other parts that should have this Probe Control Point option include them here.

I stand corrected.

The RC-001S and the RC-L01 have the Probe Control Point.  Too bad these are at the end of the tech tree.  I was looking for probe uses at the beginning.   Consider the option for DSN modifier at zero.  Probes cannot be operated until second tier science facility upgrade and unlocking the Mk1-2 Command module.  

If there was a flight computer so a probe could be programmed for flight then probes could have use early on.  But adding FC is complicated and that is why adding a Probe Control Point to the Hitchhiker came to mind.

owl3mjM.png

Another method for allowing probes early on is another suggestion I have been considering.  The ability to upgrade Building stats such as the DSN modifier.  So at a cost of Funds and Science the building stats can be improved.  These will be in the form of buffs so when a building is upgraded to the next tier the buff carries forward.  The Building Stats Improvements suggestion I will be adding after my suppertime.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.