Mun & Minmus Landers | Show Yours Here!

The Great Thread of Mun & Minmus Landers

In this thread you can post pictures or videos of Mun and/or Minmus landers, bases, satellites or space stations. You are also allowed to post pictures of you doing a fly-by of the Mun and/or Minmus. Hope to see them! 

Spoiler

My landers etc.

COMING SOON (I NEED TO LOOK THROUGH THE FOLDERS TO FIND THEM, (WHEN I CAN BE BOTHERED TO DO SO).). :)

Well, currently, over Minmus, just a station and a rover after circumnavigating it.

9y4uY5y.png

Formerly (1.1.3) though, an extensive base...

e6XHJBv.png

with a whole construction fleet of rovers and craft

4Y12gA3.png

Back in 1.0.5 days, I had a whole mobile train-base on Mun.

Here are 3 iterations of my earliest (unmanned) mun landers (all are completely stock with the exception of a few "surface mounted lights" and/or "aviation lights" that are purely for aesthetics and/or to see in the dark :wink: ) :

Spoiler

The first one was terrible. It was incredibly difficult to land and the mission didn't have enough delta-v for the return trip to Kerbin, so I lost a lot of science as I could only transfer results:

0p2LDaY.jpg

Spoiler

The second iteration hat a better look (imho), was a lot easier to land thanks to a much lower center of mass, but it turned out that the lander itself simply did not have enough delta-v to return the science package back to Kerbin (I had used a bigger rocket this time):

kxXuilO.jpg

Spoiler

The third iteration finally was powerful enough to return the science package back to Kerbin and it was even easier to land than the 2nd iteration, since the center of mass was even lower and the base wider:

LK4BCH7.jpg

Minmus Bonus:

Spoiler

Oh and yesterday I did this: It was actually just a microsat to fulfill a Minmus polar orbit contract, but I had so much fuel left, that I decided to land it on the north pole after fulfilling the contract :D

20161130232123_1_218840.jpg

Edited by Aerospike

My Minmus lander, im was going to bring it to Minmus, but i brought it to Duna for the lolz ya know.

CcLMqXB.png

Here is the Maan 2 my lander from the ASA history mission report.

21Uuheg.png

Those stubby small landers i make are what i call "Flea"'s

A Luna lander

6TbAlcY.png

I (almost) never go manned.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.