TheEpicSquared's Crazy Contraptions - Aircrafts, Rockets and Much More

Hey everyone, and welcome to...

TheEpicSquared's Crazy ContraptionsTM

(Warranty void if crafts not used in crazy fashion)

Note: The reason why so many categories say "Coming soon" is because I haven't built many crafts for that category. They'll all be filled in sometime.

So what's this?

Spoiler

"So, what will I find here?" you ask.

This is the place where I'll post every craft I make that I deem to be good enough to show off (that doesn't happen often :P). Crazy or not, this thread can and will include everything from airliners to fighter jets to rockets to cars (I might even throw in a G-force centrifuge occasionally)!

Right, so without further ado, let's get to the categories:

Spoiler

We have: 

Aircraft -  Divided into: Airliners, Fighter Jets, Stunt Planes, Spaceplanes, SSTOs

Rockets - Divided into: Lifters, Transfer Stages

Spacecraft - Divided into: Crewed Spacecraft, Satellites, Space Probes, Crewed Landers, Autonomous Landers

Ground Vehicles - Divided into: Trucks, Cars, Rovers 

Miscellaneous/Silly Stuff - Random stuff that don't fit into the above categories (like G-force centrifuges)

THE CRAFT:

Aircraft

Airliners

The Kossak K-100, manufactured by Kossak Aerospace:

Spoiler

This is the Kossak K-100.MwQLNn0.png

ZWKJDba.png

dJh0Gf5.png

The Kossak K-100 is a high-speed business jet manufactured by Kossak Aerospace. It can carry 6 passengers and 1 pilot, for a total capacity of 7 kerbals.

Powered by four Juno engines, the airplane can reach Mach 1 when in shallow dives (like in the second screenshot). Pitch authority comes from the two front-mounted canards, because having regular tails moved the CoL too far backwards. The plane has a fair bit of range - it can get from the KSC to Kerman's Lake (an airport in Kerbinside) and back with roughly half of its fuel remaining. You can see where Kerman's Lake is here.

The K-100 is quite maneuverable and can exert G-forces in excess of 7Gs, so you might want to be a bit careful while turning lest you knock out your passengers. The aircraft is pretty stable in time-warp, but has a tendency to slip to the right or left at times (not sure why this happens).

The craft's design, particularly the placement of the engines, is roughly inspired from the Soviet Tupolev Tu-104.

The only mod used is SXT Continued for the airbrakes. It can be found here.

Part count - 41 parts

Mass - 9.791 tons

Height - 12.4m

Width - 9.5m

Length - 13.5m

Action groups - 1 to toggle flaps, 2 to toggle the Junos

The Kossak K-100 can be found here: https://kerbalx.com/TheEpicSquared/Kossak-K-100.

Thanks for viewing! :) 

The Kossak K-200, manufactured by Kossak Aerospace:

Spoiler

This is the Kossak K-200.yvIBOmq.png

O9YizKm.png

fCRW1n3.png

na6ynyq.png

The Kossak K-200 is the first true airliner manufactured by Kossak Aerospace. It can carry 36 passengers (I think each cabin piece holds 9 kerbals) and 4 crew members, to make a total of a 40 kerbal capacity.

Powered by 2 Wheesley engines, it can reach quite high speeds of up to Mach 0.80 in shallow dives, but cannot reach Mach 1 due to its aerodynamic properties. Pitch control comes from the pair of horizontal stabilizers at the rear and the 2 canards at the nose of the plane. Range has not yet been tested, but it scored excellently in hefty certification tests.

It can land without the nose landing gear:9sLDQAJ.png

Without the rear landing gear:E1gYinX.png

And without any landing gear whatsoever:87lGMqT.png

Although undocumented, the plane passed its ditching tests (ditching is landing in water) with flying colours as well. It can even fly heavily damaged; the K-200 has landed safely on the runway with one engine compartment (intake, nacelle and engine) destroyed, one rear horizontal stabilizer destroyed, one canard destroyed and several of the control surfaces on the wings destroyed. It also safely managed to land with roll disabled, yaw disabled, the rear horizontal stabilizer pitch disabled, no nose landing gear and limited canard pitch authority. How? Asymmetrical thrust on the 2 Wheesleys. :cool:  

All in all, it's a very resilient little aircraft.

It isn't as maneuverable as the K-100, however lining up for landing shouldn't be a problem. The K-200 is pretty stable in timewarp, but needs course corrections from time to time to keep it on a proper heading.

The craft's design is made to mimic the early dual-engined airliners like the B737-100.

The mods used are SXT Continued and TweakScale.

Part count - 49 parts

Mass - 28.624 tons

Height - 7.9m

Width - 16.0m

Length - 16.3m

Action groups - 1 to toggle the thrust reversers, 2 to toggle the engines on/off, 3 to toggle the flaps

The Kossak K-200 can be found here: https://kerbalx.com/TheEpicSquared/Kossak-K-200

The Kossak K-250, manufactured by Kossak Aerospace:

Spoiler

This is the Kossak K-250 (more pictures soontm).hiHwPs2.jpg

The Kossak K-250 is based off of the K-200, but with a lengthened fuselage and rear-mounted engines, allowing for the wings to be placed further back. It can carry 54 passengers and 4 crew members, combining to result in a capacity of 58 kerbals.

The K-250 is powered by two rear-mounted Wheesley engines derived from the K-200, and is an exceptionally stable flier. Its aerodynamic properties allow for a multitude of things, like good maneuverability, acceptable speeds and even the ability to fly upside down! Pitch control comes from the classic Kossak solution of a combination of canards and horizontal stabilizers at the rear.

The plane is supposed to be a short-range kerbal carrier, however range has not yet been tested, so exact figures cannot be determined.

As usual, this plane passed all of its tests with flying colours, doing remarkably well in the ditch tests and the damage tests. It's pretty stable in flight but has a tendency to wobble during timewarp a bit, so watch out for that. 

The craft's design is based on rear-engined planes like the DC-9.

Mods used are SXT Continued and TweakScale.

Part count - 74 parts

Mass - 62.612 tons

Height - 8.0m

Width - 22.1m

Length - 25.0m

Action groups - 1 to toggle thrust reversers, 2 to toggle engines on/off, 3 to toggle flaps

The Kossak K-250 can be found here: https://kerbalx.com/TheEpicSquared/Kossak-K-250

Fighter Jets

Coming soon

Stunt Planes

Coming soon

Spaceplanes

Coming soon

SSTOs

Coming soon

Rockets

Lifters

Coming soon

Transfer Stages

Coming soon

Spacecraft

Crewed Spacecraft

Coming soon

Satellites

Coming soon

Space Probes

Coming soon

Crewed Landers

Coming soon

Autonomous Landers

Coming soon

Ground Vehicles

Trucks

Coming soon

Cars

Coming soon

Rovers

Coming soon - in fact my rover for the Elcano Challenge will be up here within a few days, as it's in the final stages of development

Miscellaneous/Silly Stuff

Coming soon

:) Thanks for viewing my Crazy Contraptions! :) 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

• 2 weeks later...

The Kossak K-200 is up!

Spoiler

This is the Kossak K-200.yvIBOmq.png

O9YizKm.png

fCRW1n3.png

na6ynyq.png

The Kossak K-200 is the first true airliner manufactured by Kossak Aerospace. It can carry 36 passengers (I think each cabin piece holds 9 kerbals) and 4 crew members, to make a total of a 40 kerbal capacity.

Powered by 2 Wheesley engines, it can reach quite high speeds of up to Mach 0.80 in shallow dives, but cannot reach Mach 1 due to its aerodynamic properties. Pitch control comes from the pair of horizontal stabilizers at the rear and the 2 canards at the nose of the plane. Range has not yet been tested, but it scored excellently in hefty certification tests.

It can land without the nose landing gear:9sLDQAJ.png

Without the rear landing gear:E1gYinX.png

And without any landing gear whatsoever:87lGMqT.png

Although undocumented, the plane passed its ditching tests (ditching is landing in water) with flying colours as well. It can even fly heavily damaged; the K-200 has landed safely on the runway with one engine compartment (intake, nacelle and engine) destroyed, one rear horizontal stabilizer destroyed, one canard destroyed and several of the control surfaces on the wings destroyed.

All in all, it's a very resilient little aircraft.

It isn't as maneuverable as the K-100, however lining up for landing shouldn't be a problem. The K-200 is pretty stable in timewarp, but needs course corrections from time to time to keep it on a proper heading.

The craft's design is made to mimic the early dual-engined airliners like the B737-100.

The mods used are SXT Continued and TweakScale.

Part count - 49 parts

Mass - 28.624 tons

Height - 7.9m

Width - 16.0m

Length - 16.3m

Action groups - 1 to toggle the thrust reversers, 2 to toggle the engines on/off, 3 to toggle the flaps

The Kossak K-200 can be found here: https://kerbalx.com/TheEpicSquared/Kossak-K-200

Thanks for viewing! :) 

:) 

4 minutes ago, AnonymousAerospace said:

nice that the k-200 is up. ill download it when i get the chance but just from the pictures i can tell its a good plane :) 

Thanks for the kind words! And yes, it's my favourite plane from the bunch so far. If I'm bored, I often just take it for a spin and see if I can land it with only pitch controls and asymmetrical thrust :P (and, to my amazement, I could!!! :confused::0.0:)

Edited by TheEpicSquared
question mark instead of exclamation mark

30 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Thanks for the kind words! And yes, it's my favourite plane from the bunch so far. If I'm bored, I often just take it for a spin and see if I can land it with only pitch controls and asymmetrical thrust :P (and, to my amazement, I could!!! :confused::0.0:)

Hello TheEpicSquared

How much do these products cost.

I will give you a million dirhams

I want the jumbo jet for 10 million dirhams

So i could go to Nigeria

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 7:31 PM, How to: KSP said:

Hello TheEpicSquared

How much do these products cost.

I will give you a million dirhams

I want the jumbo jet for 10 million dirhams

So i could go to Nigeria

Well, if you mean the kerbal cost of the K-200, it's 70,937 kerbucks (I think that's the name of kerbal currency). The K-100 costs 35,810 kerbucks. 

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean :/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.