Reputation ruined

Dear squad I loved KSP on PC and I loved you as a company for the way you handled early access. But after buying the horrible ps4 version and seeing how you could not be trying harder to not say anything about the game and not give us a update, I have decided to no longer support you in the future. This whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth for squad and if you ever release anything else in the future you can best believe that I won't buy it, no matter how good the product may seam! So please turn this situation around and maybe my view of squad right now by TELLING US SOMETHING! 

4 hours ago, RogerCoyote said:

Hi dear KSP coleague. Maybe this can help. I'm user on XBOX

8 hours ago, Jamillikan said:

Dear squad I loved KSP on PC and I loved you as a company for the way you handled early access. But after buying the horrible ps4 version and seeing how you could not be trying harder to not say anything about the game and not give us a update, I have decided to no longer support you in the future. This whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth for squad and if you ever release anything else in the future you can best believe that I won't buy it, no matter how good the product may seam! So please turn this situation around and maybe my view of squad right now by TELLING US SOMETHING! 

I'm sure squad will eventually get talkin. I know they will.

• 3 weeks later...

It hasn't even been out that long. I think it might be too early to be so overcritical... Taking a complicated game that was designed for PC and porting it to a console is kind of like taking a complicated game that was designed for PC and porting it to a console :P

Minecraft Pocket Edition will likely never be as good/In-depth as the 360 version and the 360 never as good/In-depth as the PC version. It boils down to hardware limitations mostly.

That said, I think Squad released the game a bit early. As is the case with most present day titles cough cough every Battlefield game ever (best console fps btw imo). At least Squad isn't trying to make a quick dollar by releasing a new game every 20min like the COD series has done since COD4<now there's a company you should boycott.

17 minutes ago, Gianni1122 said:

It hasn't even been out that long. I think it might be too early to be so overcritical... Taking a complicated game that was designed for PC and porting it to a console is kind of like taking a complicated game that was designed for PC and porting it to a console :P

The game was released on PS4 exactly 6 5 months ago today.

While I'm not sure Squad cares about one guy not supporting them anymore vs. millions of players on PC (in either cases, they already got the money), people are right to expect Squad/FTE to have better communication (or a working game for that matter).

Edited by Gaarst

1 hour ago, Gianni1122 said:

It hasn't even been out that long. I think it might be too early to be so overcritical... Taking a complicated game that was designed for PC and porting it to a console is kind of like taking a complicated game that was designed for PC and porting it to a console :P

Minecraft Pocket Edition will likely never be as good/In-depth as the 360 version and the 360 never as good/In-depth as the PC version. It boils down to hardware limitations mostly.

That said, I think Squad released the game a bit early. As is the case with most present day titles cough cough every Battlefield game ever (best console fps btw imo). At least Squad isn't trying to make a quick dollar by releasing a new game every 20min like the COD series has done since COD4<now there's a company you should boycott.

I do not agree with you. It has been out for way too long not to at least have one update for it. But no, nothing and I am stuck with a game I can't play. And keep in mind I have over 500 hours on the PC version and with every update squad made sure you could play the game also the were fast on getting the next update out.

And Minecraft works, it may not have everything the PC version has but it works. Squad released the full game but it doesn't work.

So don't come on here and call me over critical for being mad I paid good money for a game that is unplayable and squad won't even talk about the update after 6 months.

A lot of people warned Squad NOT to port to console. They were afraid a port would not work and the poor release would lead to a lot of bad press. History speaks for itself.

Best way for Squad to safe face is to force FTE to reimburse ALL console players (after all it is FTE that failed, not Squad) and put a complete halt to this ill-fated console adventure once and for all.

Edited by Tex_NL

On 12/12/2016 at 9:14 AM, Tex_NL said:

A lot of people warned Squad NOT to port to console. They were afraid a port would not work and the poor release would lead to a lot of bad press. History speaks for itself.

Best way for Squad to safe face is to force FTE to reimburse ALL console players (after all it is FTE that failed, not Squad) and put a complete halt to this ill-fated console adventure once and for all.

Or have what happened now happen, switch devs and fix the game on console. HYPE FOR WORKING CONSOLE EDITIONS!!!

On 12/12/2016 at 10:41 AM, Jamillikan said:

I do not agree with you. It has been out for way too long not to at least have one update for it. But no, nothing and I am stuck with a game I can't play. And keep in mind I have over 500 hours on the PC version and with every update squad made sure you could play the game also the were fast on getting the next update out.

And Minecraft works, it may not have everything the PC version has but it works. Squad released the full game but it doesn't work.

So don't come on here and call me over critical for being mad I paid good money for a game that is unplayable and squad won't even talk about the update after 6 months.

If you have over 500 hours on PC as you claim, you should know there have been times when we went for at least half a year without updates. And yeah sorry to say but you are kinda overblown here. Why? Well SQUAD wasn't actually the one who failed here, so why are you blaming them? And also yeah the first version of KSP was barely playable, you expected the first console port to be different? And clearly SQUAD has been talking about the console port, if not a ton. But remember SQUAD is not a game company so don't expect perfection. Also keep in mind that SQUAD has a very good history of dealing with problems, they just aren't the most prompt about it. And if you don't like the console version, you have the PC version, play that. Don't just rage quit and say you'll never ever buy a game by SQUAD again no matter the quality. <REDACTED BY MODERATOR>

On 12/12/2016 at 11:14 AM, Tex_NL said:

Yeah well they did but we shouldn't blame SQUAD for FTEs failure.

But the best thing to do is to improve it. Hey it can only go up from here 

Edited by Frybert
Clean up.

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

If you have over 500 hours on PC as you claim, you should know there have been times when we went for at least half a year without updates. And yeah sorry to say but you are kinda overblown here. Why? Well SQUAD wasn't actually the one who failed here, so why are you blaming them? And also yeah the first version of KSP was barely playable, you expected the first console port to be different? And clearly SQUAD has been talking about the console port, if not a ton. But remember SQUAD is not a game company so don't expect perfection. Also keep in mind that SQUAD has a very good history of dealing with problems, they just aren't the most prompt about it. And if you don't like the console version, you have the PC version, play that. Don't just rage quit and say you'll never ever buy a game by SQUAD again no matter the quality. <REDACTED BY MODERATOR>

Yeah well they did but we shouldn't blame SQUAD for FTEs failure.

But the best thing to do is to improve it. Hey it can only go up from here 

You make some points, just not good ones. One yes the updates did take a little while but during the wait I was always able to play the game. And when it came out it was in early access so yes it was going to have bugs but always playable. 

Two they have been silent week after week until the other day.

Three squad makes a game so they are a game company.

Four I bought the console version for a reason. It doesn't matter what it is. All that matters is I payed money for a game that can't be played.

Five squad choose FTE it is squads game. They also tested it before releasing it. So the game is squads responsibility.

<REDACTED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by Frybert
Clean up.

1 hour ago, Jamillikan said:

You make some points, just not good ones. One yes the updates did take a little while but during the wait I was always able to play the game. And when it came out it was in early access so yes it was going to have bugs but always playable. 

During the wait here, you can play the PC version. It's not like you are completely KSP-less. And even if you don't have KSP at all, there are other things in life to keep you occupied while you wait. But my point was this is new territory for SQUAD and don't expect a finished project.

Two they have been silent week after week until the other day.

How do you know they were silent? Were you everywhere the whole time? I personally think that it's very possible that you might have missed something. And even supposing SQUAD was utterly mute on this point, that doesn't and will never mean that no work is being done. And okay let's assume for the sake of argument that no work was being done during the time period that you saw nothing. Then at least they are starting work now. So you're being heard. Give SQUAD credit for at least basic rationality.

Three squad makes a game so they are a game company.

Well that's debatable, but my point is that before SQUAD made Kerbal Space Program, they were a sales company, and unless I'm dead wrong, it still continues to be their primary source of income. Doesn't sound like a game company to me.

Four I bought the console version for a reason. It doesn't matter what it is. All that matters is I payed money for a game that can't be played.

Okay I'm truly sorry you hold the opinion that it is unplayable. You may certainly request a refund from SQUAD if you feel cheated. But badmouthing SQUAD on their own forums (or any forums really) is not a great way to get what you want. You might be surprised how far politeness can get you. You might say that you have been tried beyond the point of tolerance. But that's where the difference between the good and the great lies. Those who fit the good personality section are those who are generally patient but their patience goes away after so long. Those with a great personality are very patient and very polite even if you are trying to offend them. But you already know this.

Five squad choose FTE it is squads game. They also tested it before releasing it. So the game is squads responsibility.

Yes but the fact that FTE failed isn't. So don't blame SQUAD.

<LOTS OF MODERATOR REDACTION>

Thank you Frybert. I do apologize for getting overheated.

I am sorry the op is not happy with SQUAD and KSP right now. I hope that his needs are met. And Fry is right. Let's tackle this with maturity. Hey at least your question got attention, so more likely for SQUAD to notice it.

the silence for the last little while actually makes sense now that we have the information we do.   FTE messed things up royally,  it was way behind schedule with glaring issues that couldnt even get certified on ps4 outside NA (which in reality it probably shouldnt have been certified anywhere..) and couldnt even get the updates right.

and its not like they are going to talk about negotiations, contracts, and any kinda legal action within the deal with FTE.   Some of the vague responses we got fall into place,  especially baddie saying a few weeks ago that they are working on something for us.   its not like he would be able to say they are working on a contract with another studio.    do you think  "we met with our lawyers today as well as began narrowing down bids for a replacement studio"  would ever end up in a dev blog for anything?

Sometimes the information is in whats not being said.

Be glad 1.2.2 is on the way, its a step up in every aspect, and im pretty sure blitworks is a much larger studio than FTE, so not only are they more reputable with more experience, they have more hands on deck to deliver results sooner.

oh and Squad never really had a reputation in gaming to begin with, and what little they do have isnt all in a positive light anyway, so its hard to really ruin what didnt exist in the first place lol

the ones who make the game(the actual programmers and devs who work on ksp) are great,  but i have a feeling the "suits"  just dont really understand gaming yet and are more pre occupied with the almighty dollar  (which probably gave us FTE in the first place.. lol)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.