Race Car Comparisons

DarkOwl57

So this here is set up to show off race cars made by you guys! Here's what you're going to have to do.

1) Show the car off. (Show pictures of the side (Either side is fine), and the top. You can choose to add a third pic, but no more than 4.)

2) Tell it's features (i.e. RCS, Fins, etc.) And the part count.

3) (Optional) Take it around the test track provided here. (You can make your own track (Just make sure to include a pic or the map) N8iAKAs.jpg

4) If possible, could you please let me know the setup on the car? This includes wing angles, spring/damper settings, friction control, etc.

5) Have fun!

Here's the first car; the AS-1A, a fast, sleek open wheeled car with a tested top speed of 52 m/s with some speed ability still left. (I had to slow down for turn 1.

I'll try to get a video of it doing a test lap up asap.

Edited by DarkOwl57

Two vehicles.

One is a racing truck, the other is a Formula K open-wheeler.

The truck, the K-500GTR, is entirely wheel-powered, springs and dampers on full settings, and a more than adequate roll cage.

The KR-03b is a Formula K car with springs and dampers on their standard setting, a low-downforce setup, and two LV-1R 'Spider' engines for extra boost.
It also has an action group to minimise drag, called DRS.

The K-500GTR tops out at 30.5m/s on the runway.
The KR-03b tops out at 47.6m/s, with DRS active and full boost.

Around my test track, the K-500GTR set a time of 2:14 from a standing start.
The KR-03b set a 1:36, with no boost, and empty tanks.

18 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

So this here is set up to show off race cars made by you guys! Here's what you're going to have to do.

1) Show the car off. (Show pictures of the side (Either side is fine), and the top. You can choose to add a third pic, but no more than 4.)

2) Tell it's features (i.e. RCS, Fins, etc.) And the part count.

3) (Optional) Take it around the test track provided here. (You can make your own track (Just make sure to include a pic or the map) N8iAKAs.jpg

4) If possible, could you please let me know the setup on the car? This includes wing angles, spring/damper settings, friction control, etc.

5) Have fun!

Here's the first car; the AS-1A, a fast, sleek open wheeled car with a tested top speed of 52 m/s with some speed ability still left. (I had to slow down for turn 1.

I'll try to get a video of it doing a test lap up asap.

Making something based on that track....

9D2vMVj.jpg

• 1 year later...

That is a hard track, nice.

I like finding these old posts, let's me know I'm not the only racer around here.

Sorry @Vlos is no longer here, I'd like to thank him for his Races! mod.

I guess this is where it all started.

Keep burning rubber !     :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.