Cloud Aerospace Is in the Sky!

Tristonwilson12

4 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

For those curious, the future Cloud Aerospace launcher lineup is as follows;

From left to right;
*snip*

Vapor, a methane based recoverable booster

Cloud 1 Plus, a standard Cloud 1 core with 2 Luna IX cores attached

Cloud 1, our current rocket, solid rocket fueled first stage with a hybrid solid rocket fueled second stage. First stage is recoverable

Luna IX, our largest sound rocket

Luna IY, our medium sized sounding rocket

Luna IZ, our smallest sized sounding rocket.

Now sadly I cannot provide numbers as to stats (even though I work for Cloud Aerospace). However I can say that the Cloud 1 rocket is still on course for it's test fire in November with it's launch set for early 2018. That said, our focuses are on Cloud 1 currently with these other launch vehicles close in mind.

So stick with us as we keep working and we'll try to continue to post updates as they happen! Fun times ahead!

aaaaAAAAAH TOO MANY KSP REPLICAS

BE RIGHT BACK

This is too awesome! :D I already wanted to do this, but now I really want to help somehow, even though I'm not sure what I could do!

So would Vapor have a Cloud One upper stage? because otherwise I don't see that getting to orbit.

Also, what's the funding plan? If it was me, I would provide small scale sub-orbital services on Luna IY first, followed by IZ and IX to expand those services, with Cloud One following after a economical base is built up.

2 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

aaaaAAAAAH TOO MANY KSP REPLICAS

BE RIGHT BACK

Can't wait to see them :wink::) .

2 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

This is too awesome! :D I already wanted to do this, but now I really want to help somehow, even though I'm not sure what I could do!

@Tristonwilson12 is the one you'd talk to if you wanted to join, granted he's out for at least the rest of the week but he'll likely be around to discuss it once he gets back :) .

3 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

So would Vapor have a Cloud One upper stage? because otherwise I don't see that getting to orbit.

Vapor is a 1st stage only concept (as far as I'm aware of). It would be accompanied by a capable second stage. What that would be I do not know.

3 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Also, what's the funding plan?

According to Triston, we have a private investor who's helping us, but I'm unsure about exactly what details I can and can not disclose so I have to leave it at that.

5 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

I would provide small scale sub-orbital services on Luna IY first, followed by IZ and IX to expand those services, with Cloud One following after a economical base is built up.

As it stands, I've heard we have a contracts for both the Cloud 1 vehicle and one of the Luna's (uncertain of the details). I would disclose the contractors but again, I am uncertain due to Non-disclosure agreements and whatnot.

Hope this answers some questions.

Sounds cool to me, I'll ask Triston when he comes back. I've always wanted to do something like this, however I am unfortunately a bit too young (literally turned 15 last week) and have too much stuff to do something of this scale.

As a French high-wire man once said, turn those question marks in exclamation points.

3 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Correct.

48 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Sounds cool to me, I'll ask Triston when he comes back. I've always wanted to do something like this, however I am unfortunately a bit too young (literally turned 15 last week) and have too much stuff to do something of this scale

If I am not mistaken, Triston is not that old himself. I think he is in or has graduated high school. @ZooNamedGames am I correct?

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Can't wait to see them :wink::) .

@Tristonwilson12 is the one you'd talk to if you wanted to join, granted he's out for at least the rest of the week but he'll likely be around to discuss it once he gets back :) .

*snip*

I don't think I could actually join right now.

Cloud (Kloud?) One Plus:

Spoiler

hcfkEez.jpg

4QB0GxW.jpg

That's all for now! I'll make the Vapor and at least one of the Luna rockets later. Blame Squad for the absence of black parts.

Ran out of likes :P

But anyway, the real question here is....

How many banana's tall is it? This needs to be a new form a measurement stat.

But seriously, this is awesome, and SIXTEEN TONNES!? Metric or Imperial? I know the two are close but isn't Metric like 90% of Imperial?

Have there been any test launches for the Luna rockets? If not, When? (It can just be a season)

Edited by Spaceception

1 minute ago, Spaceception said:

Ran out of likes :P

But anyway, the real question here is....

How many banana's tall is it? This needs to be a new form a measurement stat.

But seriously, this is awesome, and SIXTEEN TONNES!? Metric or Imperial? I know the two are close but isn't Metric like 90% of Imperial?

Have there been any test launches for the Luna rockets? If not, When? (It can just be a season)

Banana

Metric

We have tested the engines for luna and luna 1Z will fly in december of this year

Edited by Tristonwilson12

*Gasp* AEROSPACE CEO*Gasp* LIKED *Gasp*MY *Gasp* POST

OK, composure regained and, THANK YOU OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE THIS WOWOWOWOWOWOW 

This is OwenM's computer apologising for him being such a maniac.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.