Cloud Aerospace Is in the Sky!

Tristonwilson12

On 6/4/2017 at 7:32 PM, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

KSP could use a hybrid SRB, it would work well... but first the "flea" needs to changed into a vacuum-optimised SRB.

Could I direct you to my mod Ludicrous Propulsion Systems? :P 

Really excited about this. I would love more updates!

E: Are you going to stream launches?

Edited by Benjamin Kerman

2 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Could I direct you to my mod Ludicrous Propulsion Systems? :P 

I've seen it, the parts look useful, but I prefer parts with custom models and textures.

On a semi-related note, I've messed with modeling and texturing before, and while it's not great, it's ok. I'd be happy to help if you'd like any :)

5 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

Vapor uses existing infrastructure with its Boosters and avionics/software

Plus Vapor can RTLS

One of the main reasons I love Titan III and Angara was the insane amount of flexibility they had need a launcher with 2 tons capacity? Need 70 tons next week? Done!

Seriously, flexibility is a great idea for a launch vehicle. No matter the capacity, a flexible LV based off smaller, proven models will be more cost effective and reliable than a purpose built model due to mass production and whatever laws govern wayward explorers. How else would Titan have survived 50 years?

The only thing is, Luna doesnt even have a Payload fairing because they are sounding rockets, they have a section (the nosecone) that holds he science/mission and it seperates to be recovered by parachute, so there really wouldn't be a payload small enough for a cloudone with a luna on top

1 minute ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

Mist is the project name for CloudOne

I see. 

On another note, is the material you're using to make the rockets black, or are you painting it black? If the latter, wouldn't it make more sense to paint it white, seeing as that wouldn't absorb as much heat? Especially since you're launching from Nevada, it can get quite warm there, to say the least. 

1 minute ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I see. 

On another note, is the material you're using to make the rockets black, or are you painting it black? If the latter, wouldn't it make more sense to paint it white, seeing as that wouldn't absorb as much heat? Especially since you're launching from Nevada, it can get quite warm there, to say the least. 

its made from Carbon Composites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.