[KSP 1.3.1] SimpleConstruction (new thread) - Stock rocket building (Version 3.4.6 - 2017-10-15)

RealGecko

Hey guys,

It looks as though with the most recent MKS release the EL_USI.cfg file which was identified on the previous SC thread has been emptied, and moved to MKS_EL.cfg. Deleting this new file returns docks to rocket parts though (I also deleted EL_USI.cfg to remove an empty file error).

Even then my existing ship has incorrect ports. But new ships with new ports work OK! This might be normal with KSP, I'm new here :).

MKS_ lite (when available again through MKS config) *should* fix this but that functionality is not available ATM.

Thanks for maintaining this awesome Mod RealGecko!

Edit: Cleaned up the post removing stuff I tried that didn't work. I'll leave this just this one

• I deleted the extraplanetary launchpads folder in game data.

@RealGeckoWith regards to the the EL folder, it seems to me like its bad form having that included in this package. It makes KSP think that full EL is installed which breaks other mods relying on EL definitions. I had this issue with Feline Utility Rover as an example.

We found a workaround there, (Needs:[EL&!SC] on the broken parts) but I'm going to roll with the white square instead of the EL icons to greatly improve compatibility going forward. Anything with the Needs:[EL] callout could be gimpy.

Edited by megamike
Cleanup because it got ugly.

Hi @RealGecko,

i like your simplification mods, your suite of SimpleConstruction, SimpleLogistics and NotSoSimpleConstruction imho enables some sort of mini MKS/EPL, at least some business logic of it. And thats the reason i ask you here:

is it possible to have @RoverDude's MKS parts with your simplified functionality? So no exotic minerals or specialized kits for rocketbuilding, just ore -> metal -> rocketParts, and ore -> ? -> fertilizer (my career is not there yet:-) )

Do both of your mods play nice together? Or if i want to have MKS' parts, should i just delete all dll's and stick with just the part files?

Thanks for your work!

EDIT: Maybe Kerbal Planetary Base Systems would be a better fit than MKS... OR BOTH! (if that works out...)

Edited by Blackline

@Blackline you should give kudos to @MatterBeam since he created this mod.

If @RealGecko looks into it it'll be easy to apply the modules to planetary base system. I don't know for MKS since those parts are more focused on life support. But PBS has just parts with stock functions in a different form factor so all it would take is another set of mm patches. (besides the .dll this mod is also just a bunch of patches).

5 hours ago, maculator said:

@Blackline you should give kudos to @MatterBeam since he created this mod.

If @RealGecko looks into it it'll be easy to apply the modules to planetary base system. I don't know for MKS since those parts are more focused on life support. But PBS has just parts with stock functions in a different form factor so all it would take is another set of mm patches. (besides the .dll this mod is also just a bunch of patches).

Thx for the hint, and all the Cheers to @MatterBeam ;-)

That said, I just started a new carreer with kpbs, Kis/kas, usi-ls and this simple suite, trying to have some mini colonization going. Ill give feedback when I got my moon base up and running (using stock size RSS for the real feeling, but without the dV requirements) 

@Blackline I use the full host of USI stuff and MKS does work but you have to delete one file to return the SC functionality. Otherwise MKS overwrites the config for the docking ports and adds all the complex stuff. See my post above which I piggybacked off the previous forum thread under @MatterBeam.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:20 AM, megamike said:

It looks as though with the most recent MKS release the EL_USI.cfg file which was identified on the previous SC thread has been emptied, and moved to MKS_EL.cfg. Deleting this new file returns docks to rocket parts though (I also deleted EL_USI.cfg to remove an empty file error).

It is in your \GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\MKS folder after install.

On 18.4.2017 at 0:03 AM, megamike said:

@Blackline I use the full host of USI stuff and MKS does work but you have to delete one file to return the SC functionality. Otherwise MKS overwrites the config for the docking ports and adds all the complex stuff. See my post above which I piggybacked off the previous forum thread under @MatterBeam.

It is in your \GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\MKS folder after install.

Do you also use the "untouched" EPL together with SC? Would it work? I am asking because i think i just figured out, that there is a bug somewhere relating to ConstructionSkill stuff. And the only place i found that was at @taniwha's sourcefiles.

13Wjwrj.png

https://github.com/taniwha/Extraplanetary-Launchpads/blob/a38adaf4131ccc97d192403f5303e937b967e821/Source/Workshop/ConstructionSkill.cs

On 22.4.2017 at 0:39 PM, taniwha said:

It is "ExConstructionSkill", not just "ConstructionSkill".

I think i figured it out (again): @RoverDude's USI_Tools is assigning stuff in his TraitsAndEffects.cfg. But all that usually doesn't exist if MKS is not installed (i guess). So i think it had nothing to do with you @taniwha

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/blob/22b3157794c77e9baf5d10f16140a91f75a4db83/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/000_USITools/TraitsAndEffects.cfg#L24

3 hours ago, sundfor said:

When I right click on the launchpad it doesn't say rocketparts, it says specializedparts and materialkits to make a rocket. Isn't it supposed to be only rocketparts? How do I fix this?

Read up, your answer is on this page.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i wanted to have the "Disassemble Parts" from MKS for my game, but not MKS. So i made this cfg. Now we can get rid of useless parts and get building! USI_TOOLS needed!

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[FlagSite],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
    Menu = Disassemble Part
    ResourceName = RocketParts
    Efficiency = .5
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[RocketParts]]:FINAL
{
    MODULE 
    {
        name = USI_ModuleRecycleBin
    }
}

Quick question, is there a known issue with TweakScale?  I was just playing around with a design.  The VAB display shows it as needing 4962 rocket parts but in game, it requires 24720.

It took a bit of messing around to understand the issue but it's because the design has engines that are TweakScaled down from 2.5 to 1.25m.  The VAB display correctly understands the TweakScale conversion but in game, it does not. 

Is there a known workaround?  Also, is this the proper thread for this question or would the original EL thread be more appropriate?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[FlagSite],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
    Menu = Disassemble Part
    ResourceName = RocketParts
    Efficiency = .5
  }
}

@PART[*]:FINAL
{
    MODULE 
    {
        name = USI_ModuleRecycleBin
    }
}

small edit, because switchable tanks were not supported, i hope that doesn't affect performance.

Edited by Blackline

On 08.04.2017 at 5:20 PM, megamike said:

@RealGeckoWith regards to the the EL folder, it seems to me like its bad form having that included in this package. It makes KSP think that full EL is installed which breaks other mods relying on EL definitions. I had this issue with Feline Utility Rover as an example.

We found a workaround there, (Needs:[EL&!SC] on the broken parts) but I'm going to roll with the white square instead of the EL icons to greatly improve compatibility going forward. Anything with the Needs:[EL] callout could be gimpy.

I agree that's an issue. But as do not recompile EL dll the only way I can add icons is by placing them to EL folder. If you experience trouble you may delete folder with icons manually.

On 15.04.2017 at 0:17 PM, Blackline said:

is it possible to have @RoverDude's MKS parts with your simplified functionality? So no exotic minerals or specialized kits for rocketbuilding, just ore -> metal -> rocketParts, and ore -> ? -> fertilizer (my career is not there yet:-) )

The mod is just a set of MM patches. So you can always create a set of patches for MKS. I personally never even tried it as it adds too much parts to the game.

On 15.04.2017 at 0:17 PM, Blackline said:

EDIT: Maybe Kerbal Planetary Base Systems would be a better fit than MKS... OR BOTH! (if that works out...)

Yeah, I personally use KPBS and SC plays nicely with it. But that's all the matter of taste. If you can provide a set of patches for MKS compatibility I can add them into the mod. But I have more crazy idea: *drumroll* The "Simple MKS" mod :D:D:D

On 26.04.2017 at 11:11 PM, maculator said:

"Interstellar fuelswitch core" Is it just the dll? Do I download IFS and then delete everything but the dll? A link would've been nice..

I'll add the link to IFS core into the OP.

• 3 weeks later...

@RealGecko Your OreTankSwitch.cfg makes me dizzy - I guess I understand what is going on, but only just managed to add some other resources to it without getting scared!

Curious gameplay question: You give tanks double the amount off RocketParts than other resources? Why?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi every1, i have encountered some problems after recent updtae:

Spoiler

1.png

My engineer inside cupola, everything is fine.

Spoiler

2.png

I go out, place some survey sticks (with hammer), make them "bound" and strange thing start to happen.

Spoiler

3.png

When i return to cupola this happens =(

What should i do to fix this?

P.S. English is not my native language, so excuse my grammar :D

Edited by Cvazer

On 6/30/2017 at 0:07 PM, Cvazer said:

What should i do to fix this?

Just stepped into this one yesterday, figuring it out was complicated. :)

SimpleConstruction omits the file GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Textures/plaque.png from the original Extraplanetary Launchpads. This file is required for the survey stakes to work and its name is hardcoded in the plugin itself, so you can't even move it, it has to be named exactly that. Not So Simple Construction forgot to include it either, probably, because version 5.7.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads did not require this file.

Get the file from the full Extraplanetary Launchpads and the stakes will work.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent mod thank you :-) So simple but so useful....also I am happy to say it works with these great orbital docks :-)

Edit: It also seems to work great with kerbal planetary base system, if you delete the config files for extraplanetary launchpads inside KPBS, but not the EL parts folder...

Edited by beta546

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.