Will KSP get relased to mobile ?

Only people knows about hardware vote  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this idea ?

• Not a good idea for now
    • Actually this is a good idea

OK

"İDİOT HE İS A DAYDREAMİNG İDİOT LOLLOLOOLOLLOOLOLLOLOL"

İ give you two options

İf you are just believing this is a terrible idea but want to think a moment come

[snip by moderator]

Ok my PC

Gigabyte 880-GMA-UD2H Revision 2.0 (.1 ?)

AMD Athlon X2 250

Ati Readeon 4250 (256MB Ram allocated to it)

Corsair DDR3 1333MHZ CL9 Unbuffered 2GB memory (256 MB goes to Ati Readeon 4250)

Windows 8.1 64 Bit (Yes 64 Bit is not so useful for my ram)

This Setup works good for KSP 1.1

Ok i know that this is a simulation game

So total CPU Ghz speed and such

İ think KSP can run on mobile devices

Ok problems

---Optimization

i feel sorry for devs porting ps4 to xbox one to windows....

---Controls

Ok i HATE GAMEPADS AND TOUCH SCREENS !!!

This is what i use

İBM SK 8820

eadc29b8e2b649af87fb3200755f5a2e.jpg

Rubber dome PS/2 !!! AND A STYLİSH BLACK LOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok we ported this game to consoles that use gamepads so we can connect Dualshock to USB-C and play this game !!!

This made me remember how Mount And Blade Warband ported to mobile

Even if current Mobile devices arent capable handling KSP we can wait for it

And does mobile devices follow moores law too ?

Edited by monstah

Ok so I hope KSP isn't ported to mobile platforms because watching someone fail a Duna landing on a train would be too sad and hilarious to watch.

It has been mentioned in other threads that an app that allowed you to build vessels while away from your gaming rig would be a very welcome addition.

We are missing the "Not a good idea EVER" option. And please don't bother calling me an idiot.

Even if mobile devices catch up with today's PCs (they will), playing KSP on 5 inch screens will literally cause headaches to everyone. Even with just a ship builder it would be a nightmare to place all these parts on such a small screen. Porting it to tablet would make more sense, but I still think it's a waste of time. Oh, and mods also.

22 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

We are missing the "Not a good idea EVER" option. And please don't bother calling me an idiot.

Never say never. But I do I agree it is not a good idea.

The same was true for console. We, the players, urged Squad NOT to port to console because it would lead to a lot of problems and a lot of bad press. I don't have to tell you what happened. Squad is known to make weird and inexplicable decisions so who knows. Who knows. They might screw up again and go for a mobile release.

Edited by Tex_NL

Just now, Tex_NL said:

The same was true for console. We, the players, warned Squad NOT to port to console because it would lead to a lot of problems and a lot of bad press. I don't have to tell you what happened. Squad is known to make weird and inexplicable decisions so who knows. Who knows. They might screw up again and go for a mobile release.

Yeah, knowing them, chances are we'll end up with a mobile version before a dV readout.

Well, the game needs a complete redesign for it to work. Firstly, as most devices have 2gb ram the game needs to stop dumping everything onto the ram. Also, your CPU DESTROYS the best tablets on the market. Ok:

Nvidia shield-rekt

ipad pro-rekt

any other phone or tablet-rekt

I think KSP may be one the most CPU heavy games on the market (others would be strategy type games on super big maps during the late stage). Best tablet CPU just barely reached the level of Core 2 Duo processors. And without 4Gb RAM the game will crash every 10 mins.

It is obviously too early for a mobile KSP version, need more science to unlock it :)

If console didn't work so well, why would phones work? I think the port to console was the worst decision SQUAD has ever made, ever. We have an upset player base, a terrible port, and worst of all, us PC players are restricted because they have to make the update work for both us and them. It's just like Black Ops 3. Could've been a lot better if Treyarch just made it for Xbone, PS4, and PC, but they made it on the 360 and PS3 too, ruining what the game could've become. If they make it for phones, the port would be 100x worse than console, would make SQUAD little to no money, and further restrict what us PC players can get. I honestly think SQUAD should abandon console for good, and just focus on their most successful and best platform, the PC. 

I can't see KSP as a game being practical for mobile phones or tablets.  Even if/when the hardware performance is no longer an issue, the controls would be very fiddly at best and the novelty of being able to play on my phone would wear thin fairly quickly. 

I could see an official KSP app being worthwhile though,  that contains the KSPedia and mission planning tools etc. and maybe some simplified vessel design functions/aids to check out basic ship designs/configurations as part of the mission planning suite.

there is a pirated/plagerized/every illegal copied thing in history of humanity oh please kraken spaghetify him app for mobile called

*ahem*

"SPACE PROGRAM"!

all it is is just like .25 KSP with the word kerbal out of the title

just go to the app store and search up space program and BAM! copyright infringement

NOTE TO MODERATORS!

if it is possible ( i think not really) can you get SQUAD to try and stop this horrifying copyright infringement, because i (and probably everybody else here, and if not, why are you here?) love KSP, and the devs work really hard to give us this, and i am really REALLY mad/sad/ready to kill the guy who made it when i see the app/google search for KSP free

so please try and stop this person from ruining our beloved KSP

wow, really deep... i should stop...

hey! 50 posts! and no messages from the mods to "stop doing that! that is bad!" yay!

Edited by StupidAndy
something!

3 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

there is a pirated/plagerized/every illegal copied thing in history of humanity oh please kraken spaghetify him app for mobile called

*ahem*

"SPACE PROGRAM"!

all it is is just like .25 KSP with the word kerbal out of the title

just go to the app store and search up space program and BAM! copyright infringement

NOTE TO MODERATORS!

if it is possible ( i think not really) can you get SQUAD to try and stop this horrifying copyright infringement, because i (and probably everybody else here, and if not, why are you here?) love KSP, and the devs work really hard to give us this, and i am really REALLY mad/sad/ready to kill the guy who made it when i see the app/google search for KSP free

so please try and stop this person from ruining our beloved KSP

wow, really deep... i should stop...

hey! 50 posts! and no messages from the mods to "stop doing that! that is bad!" yay!

It can't be anything really useful - look at the size of it. I would not recommend giving these frauds your money even to see what it is.
..and yes. It's being investigated.

• 2 weeks later...

A VAB/SPH companion app would be cool, but there is the problem of ram, screen size on phones (but not tablets), and input. KSP is just not designed for tactile input.

I could get stock KSP to run in low settings in my windows tablet, but what's the point? I'd need to plug a mouse and a keyboard to play it and, at that point, I may as well use a far more powerful desktop.

4 minutes ago, mystik said:

Mobile gaming makes more sense than console gaming for this game. It's more practical. I would like to be able to play it while I am on long trips but I would probably enjoy the comfort of playing it on a PC more.

No it doesn't.
Console KSP is crap for various reasons. Mobile KSP will be even worse. Your screen will be too smal, you do not have the required control options and not nearly the required CPU/GPU power. If you want KSP on the go, bring a laptop.

Edited by Tex_NL

On 11/25/2016 at 4:25 PM, 322997am said:

Well, the game needs a complete redesign for it to work. Firstly, as most devices have 2gb ram the game needs to stop dumping everything onto the ram. Also, your CPU DESTROYS the best tablets on the market. Ok:

Have you looked at the specs of the PS4/Xbox1?  While I don't think any tablet ships 8 cores, don't be surprised if they are already shipping 4 cores with twice the power of a bobcat.  Those things [bobcats] are wimpy (but seriously powerful for something like 2mm^2).  The GPUs of the consoles might be mightier than the typical tablet (less sure about shield), but they really don't need as much resolution (although plenty have more than UHD TVs).

The PC might be wildly better, but KSP>1.1 doesn't really need that much CPU or GPU.  Memory might be more of an issue, but KSP has shown to fit into 2GB with a lot of room for mods (and android doesn't  take up all that much.  And don't forget that the tablet will be using OpenGL and not directX).

I'd need to plug in a keyboard/mouse/joystick (console control a distant second option).  Preferably a table that has a [likely tiny/flat] keyboard flipped around on the back, but still lets me plug in the real deal if available.  I can't imagine trying to control a rocket by accelerometer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.