Back to the Moon - A Sci-Fi book by me.

NSEP

Oi peeps! You might have known that i was working on a secret story. Well now its time to release the idea!

Back to the Moon - New Steps.

Plot: In 2057, the Miss President of Ameschland said that people need to send humans back to the Moon before the century is out. Even though the ASA (Ameschland Space Agency) has 43 years to get there, Alexander Kerman (the leader of the ASA) wants to get there ASAP, because he really wants to see people colonize the Moon in his lifetime. They design and test the vehicles and equipment needed to land on the Moon. But do they get there succesfully?

Read the story on Wattpadd here:

Click!

Enjoy reading, have any questions, suggestions or other things to say?

Edited by NSEP

6 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

@NSEP I can't read the bottom part of your story because wattpad needs us to make an account.

I actually do have an account but for some reason wattpad doesn't want me to log in :P

Strange, can u make a new one? 

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 1:

Spoiler

Everybody was talking in the meeting room, some knew the news and some don't. Alexander Kerman, the chief rocket/spaceraft designer knows what was going to happend.

"Everybody, pay attention!" shouted Alexander out loud. The members of the meeting where still talking. "Everybody! Shut up and listen to me!" Shouted Alexander again out loud. The room instantly turned silent. "Miss President gave us a message that we need to get back to the Moon before the century is out..." said Alexander to the people in the room until the people started talking again. This time he threw a hammer against the wall. Everybody looked at Alexander. "If you people don't pay attention i will have to fire you all! This is really important!" shouted Alexander with anger. "So we have to send a human on the Moon before 2100, we have quite a bit of time, but i want to start developing as soon as possible! Tommorow we will start designing our experimental spaceraft for testing all our equipment. We will all work together on this project!". Shortly after, a few people with questons started appearing. Anne Poets asked "When will we start designing our Moon Lander?". "You know what? I will split the design team for this project, they start designing every spacecraft we need for the project tommorow" answered. Dick Dickson asked: "What is going to be the name of this project?" "Project, eugh... Diana, Project Diana" answered Alexander. "Euh, i think its time people, it is bed time!" said Alexander.

People start walking out of the room, it was a rather short meeting, but this is just the very beginning. Jebediah Kerman, Alexanders son who also is a space pioneer of the new age, walked up to his dad. "Now who is going to be the first one?" asked Jeb to Alexander. "You always want to be first huh? Well, ok then." answered Alexander.

A person ran to Alexander, she looked nervous. "Uhm, hello?!" she said to Alex. "Hello, young lady? How can i help you?" said Alexander back. "Euh... can i join your space program?" she asked. "Haha, of course! Can i get your snail mail adress please?" asked Alexander to her. The girl gave her a piece of paper. "So why do you want to be a part of our space program?" asked Alexander. "I really want to be an Astronaut, i already have my flight license. I also read that you do not need any special education." answered the girl, her name is Lisa Doya. "Well alright, we will sign you up tommorow" said Alexander. They said their goodbye.

Next day

It was 9AM, The designer team gathered in the meeting room. "Ok people, today we are going to design the expirimental vehicle and we are going to find a way to get a man to the Moon and back, we will start by finding out a way to get to the Moon, and then we will start designing, i will split the designer team so the designing of the spacecraft needed goes faster." Told Alexander to the designer team. 

"So lets begin! I suggest doing the same thing the Apollo did,  having 2 seperate spacecraft, one that lands and the other one that provides habitation and a way of returning back to Earth." suggested Alexander to his team. "Well we could just assemble the thing in Low Earth Orbit, so we so not need to design a new rocket, and then we can do the Apollo style thing." said Johannes from the designer team. "Who agrees with the two suggestions?" asked John Kerman, Alexanders twin brother. Everybody pulled their hand up, everybody agrees. "Now how many people should we send there?" asked Alexander to his team. "2 in the lander and 1 in the command module." said Herman, a spaceflight historian. "No, just 1 in the lander and 1 in the command module, that would save alot more time and money. We will land 2 later on, but not now. We also have 4 avaiable Astronauts that are experienced enough to pioneer, and we need a backup crew, with 2 in 1 mission, it would be enough. We need 2 more Astronauts for a 3 man mission. Does any agree?" answered Anne Poets. Everybody pulled their hand up, even Herman. "Ok people, so we have a plan for the crew and we know how tp get there, how about life support?" asked Zara Bruin, a young spaceflight veteran. "How much does an Meal Ready to Eat weigh?" asked Zara Bruin again. "Like 500 gram?" answered Anne Poets. "Ok so... wait give me a second... 24KG of food for 2 people on a 8 day mission with a regulair 3 meal day, does that weigh too much?" calcucates an asked Zara to the team. "No, i dont think so, my rockets could handle that." answered Alexander. 

"Ok people, i think we have discussed enough, the rest of the discussion will continue while designing. I will split the team in two, team 1 will design the expirimental vehicle and team 2 the lander. All the people sitting on my left is team 1 and the rest is team 2. Team 1 will go into design room 3 team 2 in design room 4, do your thing, i will take visits and checks" told Alexander to the team.

Team 1: The Expirimental Vehicle

"Ok so we need to design an expirimental vehicle, where should we start?" asked Johannes Pannes, to his team. "I think the return module needs to be bell shaped, like the Soyuz and the Shenzou." suggested Herman. "And should it have a door on the side of the capsule? For orbital EVA's?" suggested Herman again. Everybody agreed with Herman. "Where would all those computers be placed then?" asked Zara Bruin. "Above the heat shield?" suggested Jeannette. "No, the computers are the most important things we have, if we put them near the heat shield, they could be destroyed easily during overheating or during landing. We have to put them on the opposite side of the door so they can operate the computers too." said Johannes. "Agreed, we have to put the things we dont need after or while returning near the heat shield, but what?" asked Herman. "Our food, water and life support. If our scrubber gets damaged during landing, we can just put pull open the hatch for air. The rescue team will get them out of there ASAP for food and water." Suggested Zara Bruin. "Should we just install the default command system in there, above the seats?" asked Jeannette, everybody agreed. "So how about propulsion and power? How would we handle that?" asked Johannes. "I think we should use our good old Aerozine and NTO as fuel for both the RCS and the main thrusters, i think we should use the VOM-D9 for the main engine. And the the propulsion and control module needs to be skirt shaped, so it would have more Delta-V. The upper part will hold the RCS, the batteries and extra fuel for the fuel cells., and the solar panels should be extendable. The left one has 2 panels and the right 1 with an antenna." suggested Herman, he made a drawing of it. Everybody agreed. "Now how about an additional habitation module? I would go crazy in a small capsule like that for 8 days!" asked Zara Bruin. "I think we should do that fairings are for sissies thing again, with the habitation module as nosecone for the rocket." suggested Johannes. The team thought about it, they will take it for now. "You should go ahead and design that module on your own Johannes, we are not sure about it." said Zara Bruin.

^^The Modulair Expirimental and Testing Space Ship Design 1 with the habitation module designed by Johannes

^^The Modulair Expirimental and Testing Space Ship Design 1 with the habitation module designed by Johannes.

Team 2: The Lunar Lander

"Hey people, don't tell Team 1 this but, i have already designed the Lunar Lander! Together with Valentina, Bill and Bob!" said Jebediah to his team. Jeb showed the drawing of the design to his team. Everybody agreed and liked it. Alexander also knows the secret; 10 years ago when Alexander just moved to Ameschland, Jebediah dreamed of going the Moon. Together with his siblings he made a lunar lander, and they started making mockups, until they found the perfect one.

Together with his siblings he made a lunar lander, and they started making mockups, until they found the perfect one

^^The Lunar Lander "Flea".

So they now have a Lunar Lander ready, what do they need to do now?

To be continued....

• 2 months later...

Chapter 3 is up!

Chapter 2

Spoiler

What does Team 2 have to do now?  "Well, i have a special guest here, she wants to be an Astronaut and i classify her suitable." told Alexander to the Team. Lisa Doya, the new Astronaut, was standing right next to Alexander Kerman. "Hello, im Lisa Doya, im 21 years old, im from Scotland and... Euh... Yeah." said Lisa. "Ok team, you should go ahead and talk for a bit while i give Lisa a tour of the complex." told Alexander. Alexander and Lisa left the room.

Complex tour.

"Well im pretty sure you know that the designing, planning and meeting area is near the entrance, lets go to the old rocket hangar" said Alexander. Alex and Lisa walked to a massive plane hangar, ah well, its filled with rockets so it is not really a "plane" hangar. "Look! This relatively small one is the Alexander 1, my first ever rocket that made it to space. This is the last real one of its kind. Right next to it is the Alexander 2C, its 2x times bigger and it brought us alot of science information about space. Right next to that i have the Alexander 3 rocket, it send our first satellite into orbit, it also put my son, my daughter and Zara, the first underaged and so far youngest astronaut in space. She was 8 years old, now she is 16 and also an experienced spacecraft pilot." told Alexander. "So whats with the graffiti on those rockets? It looks depressing." asked Lisa. "Well, a 7 years ago, when Lieke Naaktgeboren, our president, dissapeard, i had to move to Syria to continue the program. I worked there untill 2053, so i left the complex abonded for 3 years. We cleaned the graffiti in all the rooms expect the rocket hangar, some decoration could not do bad." told Alexander.

After the old hangar, they went to hangar 7, their most awesome hangar so far. "Look! My favourite hangar! Where the big rockets sleep! This hangar is actually 3 massive hangars attached to each other. It is 300 meters long! Do you see that rocket there? Thats the Harman II, the heaviest rocket we have so far, it can carry 22 tons to LEO. That is the thing that is going to send us to the Moon soon! We have 3 of them in total." told Alexander. "So where are all the capsules?" asked Lisa. "Well, those are all sold out to museums, that was the only way we could earn money when Lieke dissapeard." Alexander replied.

Next up was the production building, yet another hangar, but smaller. "So here is where we build our tanks, engines, heat shields and other things. We have some HARE's here, the rocket engines used for the Harman II. And we also have some HTVE's here, the ones we will have to use for our lunar lander. We used them on previous lunar missions, like the Maan 7 mission, wich brought samples from the Moon back to Earth." told Alexander.

Afterwards, they went to the Astronaut training complex. 2 small hangars, one with a Zero-G plane and the other one with a capsule simulator, a vacuum room and a G-force simulator. "So, this is where you will train, it is like a playground! Not much here is done now. Since we cancelled the manned program a few years ago, we are trying to clean it up now." said Alexander.

Their tour was done, they was more to see, but Lisa said it was enough and they went back to the design room. What have they talked about?

Team 2: Boredom

Alexander and Lisa left the room for the tour. When the door was closed, there was an akward silence. "Should we secretly design a Moon Rocket?" suggested Dimitri Pekar, Alexanders best friend. "Do we have enough space? Resources? Money?" asked Bill Kerman to his team. "We have enough space, Hangar 4, 5 and 6 can hold a Saturn V each. Resources and money? Well, lets wait when we finish the first mission so we got our money, so we can get our resources and stuff like that" answered John Kerman. "You know what? Lets leave the rocket for later, im probably going too far." said Dimitri. "Ok, some what now?" said Bill. Bill took a closer look at the drawing of the lander. Bill is an experienced engineer, he needs to take a look at a design for at least 10 minutes, to see if it is plausible enough. After 10 minutes of akward silence, Bill finaly said: "I see no flaws.". Nobody said something back. They where either brainstorming, sleeping or drawing random smileys.

After 3 hours of boredom

Checking time

"Come on people, we are going to check your designs and see if they fit." told Alexander. Both teams went to the meeting room. Alexander looked at the drawing of the METSS-D1. He shaked his head. ''I dont think its a good idea, the habitation module is too large and heavy and the small Soyuz-like capsule is too small for a 1-2 week mission, i don't think its a good idea.'' told Alexander to Team 1. ''All that work for no reason? What are we going to do?'' asked Zara Bruin. ''Tommorow  we will work on the METSS-D2 and the transfer stage all together, ok?'' Answered Alexander. Team 1 was dissapointed. ''Ok then, sir.'' said Johannes Pannes dissapointed. ''Now the lander is a pretty plausible design, but it can only hold 1 person, so we cant keep it for future missions, so we will work on our second lander also tommorow.'' told Alexander. ''And i got to say, the thing with the teams was not a good idea, we wont ever do that again.'' told Alexander. ''Okay people, you can go home now, tommorow we will be designing the second lander and a new and better METSS'' reminded Alexander to the designers

Alexanders walked down the gravel path to his bicycle. Dimitri Petrov approached Alexander. ''Dimitri! How are you doing my friend!'' said Alexander to Dimitri. ''Hello! Well i drew this thing while we did nothing for those 3 hours, it is a rocket we could use for our future missions, it could carry up to 130 tons into LEO. So its better than the Saturn V! You like it?'' said Dimitri. Alexander looked at the drawing. A smile started to grow on Alexanders face. ''Awesome thing my friend. We can take a look at it later, but our first mission will be done with the Harman II, okay?'' told Alexander to Dimitri. ''Yeah of course, thanks! Do svidanya! I have to keep care of the kids! Ya vernus!'' said Dimitri.

End of Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Spoiler

The design team of the ASA gathered in design room 1, the biggest design room of them all. "Welcome people, today we will be designing a better experimental vehicle and a lander for future missions." Greeted Alexander. "Euh, Alex? Will the experimental vehicle be the same vehicle used to get to the Moon?" asked Zara Bruin. "Hmmm, well, yeah. We have to test everything we need for a Moon mission, and we might as well use the same thing to get there, maybe the only difference is going to be the size of the Service Module." answered Alexander "Does anyone else have something to say?" asked Alexander to everybody. "I thought about the space assembly thing for a bit and im now 99% sure we need a single rocket in order to get to the Moon" told Anne Poets to everyone. Everybody started talking. "Ahem," the whole room turned silent. "I know someone who is going to take care of the rocket problem." said Alexander, he looked at Dimitri. Dimitri winked and smiled.

"Now lets get started on the Experimental vehicle. It needs to carry 2 people for the first few missions around the Moon, any suggestions?" asked Alexander. "Well, i think we should use a capsule that is a little smaller than the Apollo capsule but simulair in shape, modern computer technology should scale down the volume and weight of the electronics alot more than used in the 70s." suggested John Kerman. Everybody agreed. "So how about habitation? Will the spacecraft have a habitation module?" asked Herman. "No, due to the electronics that are lower in volume, the crew has more living space. Pooping and peeing could be done with good old diapers and a mini airlock to get rid of that dirty junk. Sleeping can be done in the main seats. Privacy could be provided with a blanket covering their seats, making them invisible to the 'public'. A habitation module just adds in more weight, a higher cost and wastefull space." answered Dimitri. "Now should we store the food and life support like the scrubbers near the heat shield?" asked Johannes Pannes. "Yes, expect for the air tanks, there is quite alot of air compressed in there and if it heats up, the thing will leak and that can cause...." Dimitri stopped talking. Someone knocked on the door. Alexander opened the door. "Hello sir, we have some very important news for you." said the person at the door, he was a messenger, someone else news. It was a paid job back when all electrics shut down during the Solar Storm in 2017, but some people still enjoyed it and the job was still a thing, even though talking via phone is possible. Anyways, back to the story.  "Im sorry sir, but we are in the middle of a discussion." told Alexander to the messenger. "Im sorry, look, here are some files, bye." said the Messenger. The Messenger gave him the files, closed the door and walked away. "Okay, continue." said Alex. "Well, if we put the air tank near the heat shield, it might heat up, become softer and leak, and that would cause problems." Continued Dimitri. "But a heat shield is a heat shield, it protects the spacecraft from heat." explained Anne Poets. "Yeah, ur right, but would it be a problem if we put it not near the heat shield?" Asked Dimitri. everyone shaked their head. "And how about temperature regulation? Should we do like the water thing, that pumps cold/warm water around to make the temperature of something nice enough to live in?" asked Zara Bruin to her team. "Yeah, thats a nice idea, but first we need to perfect that technology because its known for bursting all the time" answered Anne Poets. Bill Kerman yawned. "This is getting kind of boring, you know what, im going to design this thing at home, let's continue to the lander" explained Bill. "So you... you want to design one of worlds most advanced vehicles at home by yourself?" Asked Johannes Pannes. "Yeah, trust me! I am an engineer! And, we have the PDB (Precision Design Bureau)" answered Bill. "Okay on to the next part!" Said Alexander Kerman.

"Okay so how about the lander?" asked Alexander Kerman to his team. Lisa Doya walked in the room. "Did someone say lander? I have an idea!" Said Lisa Doya. Everyone looked at her strange. She began to draw on the whiteboard. "2 of our first tier lander habitation modules, welded together, boom! Habitation module done! Now, the Ascent Stage, just rip away the lander legs, boom, done! Descent stage? Just the Service Module of the Expirimental Vehicle with lander legs. Boom! Clap! Done!". The room was silent. Zara Bruin stood up and started to clap. The rest started clapping too. "Amazing! How did you come up with that? Thats freaking genius!" asked John Kerman. "I played Kerbal Space Program!" Answered Lisa Doya. The whole room started laughing. The day of work had a happy ending.

1 hour later...

John Kerman and Alexander Kerman were in their office, reading the files they recieved from the messenger. "So, wich one should we read first? The political journal or the astronomical discovery journal?" Asked Alexander. "You read the astronomy journal, and i read the politics journal" said John Kerman. They started reading. "Oh this is not good, ah well." said John. "What is wrong?" asked Alexander Kerman. "Annie Buckman, you know, the lady who wants to make peace by banning violence, is now in the hands of our country." Answered John. "Any astronomy drama?" Asked John to Alex. "So apparently there is a small comet-like object orbiting Earth, lower than the Moon, and it looks like, its a permanent one too." Answered Alexander. John Kerman takes a look at the Astronomy Journal. "Screw politics, the discovery of  Minmus is much more important." Said John.

-To Be Continued 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.