[1.9.*] GTIndustries (Updated 04-02-2020)

Warezcrawler

31 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I will only mention all GTI errors I saw in the log:

[LOG 20:30:41.333] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ModRocketSys/Parts/Engine/NBintake1m/part/NBintake1m'
[ERR 20:30:41.337] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:41.357] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ModRocketSys/Parts/Engine/NBintakeBasic0m/part/NBintakeBasic0m'
[ERR 20:30:41.361] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:42.665] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Aero/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/airScoop'
[ERR 20:30:42.669] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:42.925] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Aero/circularIntake/intakeShockCone/shockConeIntake'
[ERR 20:30:42.928] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:43.347] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Aero/intakeRadialLong/intakeRadialLong/IntakeRadialLong'
[ERR 20:30:43.351] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:43.368] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Aero/miniIntake/SmallIntake/miniIntake'
[ERR 20:30:43.371] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:43.398] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Aero/ramAirIntake/ramAirIntake/ramAirIntake'
[ERR 20:30:43.402] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:42.917] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Aero/circularIntake/circularIntake/CircularIntake'
[ERR 20:30:42.921] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:45.627] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/jetEngineBig/turboFanSize2'
[ERR 20:30:45.636] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:49.791] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/engineBodyRadial/radialEngineBody'
[WRN 20:30:49.793] PartLoader Warning: Variable cryoPower not found in Part
[ERR 20:30:49.795] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:49.838] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/engineNacelle/nacelleBody'
[WRN 20:30:49.840] PartLoader Warning: Variable cryoPower not found in Part
[ERR 20:30:49.843] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

[LOG 20:30:49.925] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/mk1FuselageIntake/MK1IntakeFuselage'
[WRN 20:30:49.927] PartLoader Warning: Variable cryoPower not found in Part
[ERR 20:30:49.930] Invalid boolean value! Field preserveResourceNodes, value true; on object of type GTI.GTI_MultiModeIntake

Lol..... I had a ";" after the boolean value in the MM patch..... I've been doing too much C# coding....

I will publish a minor update soon.

Thanks!

48 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

Lol..... I had a ";" after the boolean value in the MM patch..... I've been doing too much C# coding....

I will publish a minor update soon.

Thanks!

@FreeThinkerI updated the MM.... I don't have the errors anymore. Thanks.

Edited by Warezcrawler

17 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

I know what you mean, I got the same quirk from time to time

Edited by FreeThinker

19 hours ago, budda said:

any chance of adding more and different engines ?

Well, this mod is actually intended to be integrated into other mods which will provide parts. However, if you have some idea's to which engine types you would like to see, I might consider taking the example engines I made, and create a small pack out of it.

Would that be something anybody is interested in?

19 hours ago, budda said:

(this is one of my fav mods)

I'm happy to hear that somebody likes the product, and enjoys it like I do myself :cool:

1 hour ago, Warezcrawler said:

Well, this mod is actually intended to be integrated into other mods which will provide parts. However, if you have some idea's to which engine types you would like to see, I might consider taking the example engines I made, and create a small pack out of it.

Would that be something anybody is interested in?

one of the aerospikes and possibly one of the turbob or ramjets

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Warezcrawler Really great work on this mod, the functionality of being able to have 3+ engine modes is very much appreciated!

Quick question: I'm trying to use your DLLs in a mod I'm working on, where I'm creating a custom engine module which depends on the GTI_MultiModeEngineFX module. However, in working on my DLL code, I cannot seem to reference the GTI_MultiModeEngineFX class. Looking at your source code, it appears this is because it lacks the "public" identifier, being marked simply as

"partial class GTI_MultiModeEngineFX : GTI_MultiMode<MultiMode>"

Is this by design, and am I referencing the wrong object? Should I instead be referencing a GTI_Multimode<MultiMode> object?

7 hours ago, trias702 said:

@Warezcrawler Really great work on this mod, the functionality of being able to have 3+ engine modes is very much appreciated!

Quick question: I'm trying to use your DLLs in a mod I'm working on, where I'm creating a custom engine module which depends on the GTI_MultiModeEngineFX module. However, in working on my DLL code, I cannot seem to reference the GTI_MultiModeEngineFX class. Looking at your source code, it appears this is because it lacks the "public" identifier, being marked simply as

"partial class GTI_MultiModeEngineFX : GTI_MultiMode<MultiMode>"

Is this by design, and am I referencing the wrong object? Should I instead be referencing a GTI_Multimode<MultiMode> object?

It's sort of by design. I did basically not consider that anybody needing to reference my partmodule class from another mod. But I do not have a problem with it.

Can I ask what you are trying to achieve that my mod does not currently support? I'm not asking because I'm unwilling to make the class public, I'll be happy to, but I am interested.

Side note: I'm not currently actively playing Kerbal (I'm kind of on a break), but I can make the change "blind", so that would be without testing - hopefully you could help testing then? (on top of that, I have not even upgraded to 1.3 yet!:rolleyes:)

8 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

It's sort of by design. I did basically not consider that anybody needing to reference my partmodule class from another mod. But I do not have a problem with it.

Can I ask what you are trying to achieve that my mod does not currently support? I'm not asking because I'm unwilling to make the class public, I'll be happy to, but I am interested.

Side note: I'm not currently actively playing Kerbal (I'm kind of on a break), but I can make the change "blind", so that would be without testing - hopefully you could help testing then? (on top of that, I have not even upgraded to 1.3 yet!:rolleyes:)

Actually, there is no need to make the class public, I figured out how to reference the class from another DLL without issue. Your design is actually quite brilliant: rather than have users reference the GTI_MultiModeEngineFX directly, you've made it inherit from the base template class GTI_MultiMode, which in this case uses MultiMode as the template (the naming conventions are a bit confusing though). So I just referenced that in my code:

GTI.GTI_MultiMode<GTI.MultiMode> multiModeEngineObj = ...

This works perfectly. I'm guessing you did this so that users could just reference the abstract+template instead of MultiModeFX vs (regular)MultiMode; since both accomplish the same thing, one for ModuleEnginesFX and the other for ModuleEngines, it makes sense to tie them both to a unified base class and then have any downstream users work with that.

The mod I'm working on at the moment is to try and make a 3 mode engine which has variable thrust/ISP via a slider. Unfortunately, the base game MultiMode system only supports 2 modes, but your mod allows any engine to take 3+ modes. Therefore, I'm using your mod for the 3 mode effect, and then my mod provides a separate Module to allow a user to vary the thrust/ISP. But in order to do that, my mod needs to communicate with the MultiMode module so it knows what the current running mode is. Basically, in a perfect world, your mod would be integrated with the base game, such that the vanilla MultiMode system allowed for more than 2 modes.

2 hours ago, trias702 said:

....then my mod provides a separate Module to allow a user to vary the thrust/ISP

Just so you are aware, on a request I made a throttle dependent ISP feature for the MultiModeEngine. However, I never did integrate the feature into the multimodeengineFX module. It's not the same as what you describe, but it's not far off either.

• 4 months later...

@Warezcrawler Been playing around with your plugin for some weeks now and I have to say: Nice work! Sadly it doesn't work on KSP 1.3.1 (game crashes after loading screen, fresh install, no other mods). Do you have plans for a recompile / update in the future? I'm asking because I want to make use of it with an upcoming (part)mod I'm working on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/11/2017 at 4:35 PM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

@Warezcrawler Been playing around with your plugin for some weeks now and I have to say: Nice work! Sadly it doesn't work on KSP 1.3.1 (game crashes after loading screen, fresh install, no other mods). Do you have plans for a recompile / update in the future? I'm asking because I want to make use of it with an upcoming (part)mod I'm working on.

Hi. I didn't know it wasn't working with 1.3.1... Sad.. I do not have visual studio installed right now. But I will look into getting things set up for an update. Any unofficial updates are welcome until I can get around to it. Hopefully I will have it working before xmas.

• 1 month later...
On 30/11/2017 at 4:35 PM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

So I finally got around to looking at my KSP mod. I've got it recompiled, and I am now able to load the game with the mod.

Excellent! Thank you very much! I'm gonna give it a go right away.

Also I've got an idea/suggestion for the Resource Converters. Would it be possible to have "converter-groups"?

Use case example: A single part with multiple Ore refinement converters and multiple propellant production converters. One Ore refinement converter could run at the same time as one propellant production converter but not two of the same group (at the same time).

1 hour ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

Also I've got an idea/suggestion for the Resource Converters. Would it be possible to have "converter-groups"?

Use case example: A single part with multiple Ore refinement converters and multiple propellant production converters. One Ore refinement converter could run at the same time as one propellant production converter but not two of the same group (at the same time).

Interesting Idea. I guess it could be done. However, you can achieve something close to this by simply defining a converter that does both of these tasks at the same time.

What is you thought on that?

From a design perspective, this would take some work. The current design i really very simple. It basically takes all resource converters and store them. Then it simply switches all of them off, except for the one selected. Your idea would mean, that a framework would have to be created, where all converters are tagged with their groups, and then having the switcher allow for one of each group at the same time.

As I said, possible, but is it worth the effort when a simple 80% alternative is available.

I look forward to you thoughts on the matter.

1 hour ago, Warezcrawler said:

Interesting Idea. I guess it could be done. However, you can achieve something close to this by simply defining a converter that does both of these tasks at the same time.

What is you thought on that?

From a design perspective, this would take some work. The current design i really very simple. It basically takes all resource converters and store them. Then it simply switches all of them off, except for the one selected. Your idea would mean, that a framework would have to be created, where all converters are tagged with their groups, and then having the switcher allow for one of each group at the same time.

As I said, possible, but is it worth the effort when a simple 80% alternative is available.

I look forward to you thoughts on the matter.

Think I have to elaborate my situation a bit more: The mod will focus around hybrid rockets that use Aluminium and Silicon in combination with Oxygen as propellant. Resources can be extracted from Regolith (Al+Si+O2), Spodumene (Al+Si+O2), Alumina (Al+O2) and Silicates (Si+O2).
One rocketmotor uses a slurry (Monopropellant) of Al/Si in LqdOxygen with different mixtures. For example Al/Oxygen slurry, Si/Oxygen slurry, Al/Si/Oxygen (50:50 Al:Si), and so on.
It requires a lot of converters to cover all possible solutions and that's only for one motor. This is why I split the converters into resource extraction and propellant production.

Atm I use the converting part only for resource extraction. The propellant production converters are put in the storage tanks. It works but is a bit hacky and not intuitive. The search for a better solution lead me to the converter-groups idea (I'm also open for other/better ideas, was just the first that came to mind).

So to sum it, converter-groups would definitly be an improvement but only if it's not too much work :wink:

16 minutes ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

Think I have to elaborate my situation a bit more: The mod will focus around hybrid rockets that use Aluminium and Silicon in combination with Oxygen as propellant. Resources can be extracted from Regolith (Al+Si+O2), Spodumene (Al+Si+O2), Alumina (Al+O2) and Silicates (Si+O2).
One rocketmotor uses a slurry (Monopropellant) of Al/Si in LqdOxygen with different mixtures. For example Al/Oxygen slurry, Si/Oxygen slurry, Al/Si/Oxygen (50:50 Al:Si), and so on.
It requires a lot of converters to cover all possible solutions and that's only for one motor. This is why I split the converters into resource extraction and propellant production.

Atm I use the converting part only for resource extraction. The propellant production converters are put in the storage tanks. It works but is a bit hacky and not intuitive. The search for a better solution lead me to the converter-groups idea (I'm also open for other/better ideas, was just the first that came to mind).

So to sum it, converter-groups would definitly be an improvement but only if it's not too much work :wink:

Ok, I will not promise anything. I'm not entirely sure I get all of the complexity of what you are doing, but I do get the base need -- something which can group converters to allow two or more groups to work simultaneously.

Let me look into how much work it will be - If I do it, It will be a new module.

Now we have "GTI_MultiModeConverter", and then this will be something like "GTI_MultiModeConverterGroup". I will keep them separate since the current one seems stable, a work as intended.

I'm glad you wanna give it a try!

The recompiled version works with KSP 1.3.1 but requires CRP or a definition for Resource IntakAtm, othwerwise KSP won't start:

[LOG 11:30:48.557] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Aero/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/airScoop'
[ERR 11:30:48.558] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[WRN 11:30:48.564] Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeAtm

There seems to be a minor bug with the GTI MultiModeHarvester. The radial drill can extract ore without beeing deployed first.

Spoiler

DCdIvB1.png

Tested fresh KSP 1.3.1 install with GTI 2.4, CRP 0.8.0.0, ModuleManager 3.0.1 and 3.0.4 in a new game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 11:54 AM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

I'm glad you wanna give it a try!

The recompiled version works with KSP 1.3.1 but requires CRP or a definition for Resource IntakAtm, othwerwise KSP won't start:

[LOG 11:30:48.557] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Aero/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/airScoop'
[ERR 11:30:48.558] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[WRN 11:30:48.564] Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeAtm

There seems to be a minor bug with the GTI MultiModeHarvester. The radial drill can extract ore without beeing deployed first.

Hide contents

DCdIvB1.png

I will add resource def to the mod. I never noticed it missing since I had that in another personal mod of mine + I nearly always use CRP.

As for the harvester thing, I'm not sure why that happens. I will take a look at it, when I get access to it in my current game. Maybe I need another check for the state upon loading the scene.

On 04/03/2018 at 11:46 AM, Warezcrawler said:

I will add resource def to the mod. I never noticed it missing since I had that in another personal mod of mine + I nearly always use CRP.

As for the harvester thing, I'm not sure why that happens. I will take a look at it, when I get access to it in my current game. Maybe I need another check for the state upon loading the scene.

Found it just because I wanted to make sure no other mod is causing the harvester thing :wink:

During my read through the thread I stumbled upon this from about a year ago:

Are any of the current modules you think are missing some functionality, which you would like to see them having in the future? Or are there something else that you think could be nice to add in? MultiMode RCS maybe?

I know it's very quick to ask for another feature already, but do you have plans for a MultiMode RCS Module?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

Found it just because I wanted to make sure no other mod is causing the harvester thing :wink:

During my read through the thread I stumbled upon this from about a year ago:

I know it's very quick to ask for another feature already, but do you have plans for a MultiMode RCS Module?

I found the issue with the Harvester. It was the same with the converter. I'm not sure what changed, but it should be fixed for when I update to 1.4.1. However, I myself is waiting for a lot of other mods to update, and I will probably not recompile before I can convert my game til the new version.

On MultiModeRCS..... I'm looking into making that. I think it is a good way to start up modding again. I'm a bit rusty.

Great mod, I'm liking it.  Not sure if it has been asked, but what exactly do I have to add to an engine's confg file?  I've tried adding/changing multiple combinations of modules, even copying/pasting from your raptor cfg to see if that works but not able to switch or add correctly.  Is there a way you can show me an example for adding this to a LFO type and an open cycle/closed cycle?  I tweaked a few of the stock squad engines but would like to add this awesome feature, just not sure what i'm missing.  much appreciated.

10 hours ago, Diggz81 said:

Great mod, I'm liking it.  Not sure if it has been asked, but what exactly do I have to add to an engine's confg file?  I've tried adding/changing multiple combinations of modules, even copying/pasting from your raptor cfg to see if that works but not able to switch or add correctly.  Is there a way you can show me an example for adding this to a LFO type and an open cycle/closed cycle?  I tweaked a few of the stock squad engines but would like to add this awesome feature, just not sure what i'm missing.  much appreciated.

Maybe you could post your try. Then I will look it over and comment one where I find the bug and point out why that is. Especially effects are a nasty one in KSP, but your problem could be simple enough.

Edited by Warezcrawler

Ok, will see if i can post one to you when i get back home.  Stuck at work for 2 days...  I kinda noticed on the last one i tried, the first mode had the visual animation(nozzle lights up effects), the second one had no sound or visual effects, then the 3rd mode had only sound but now visual.  I kept reading your first post and i did notice it saying: for moduleEngines....and for moduleEnginesFX, but dont know the difference.  Im sorry if i sound really dumb with what im referring to, im asically self taught on how to read this code.  I grew up realizing i could tweak games by changing values but i was never formally taught.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will get back to you w an example when i get back on my pc. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.