[1.х.x+] Ballast Water Tanks, SmallTweaks and some more for KSP

Jenyaza

Ballast Water Tanks: add few parts with changeable mass in flight. Designed for submarines, act good if used as payload weight.

Spoiler

I4wVk2c.jpg

Include only few parts: three grey tanks (normal 1.25m, short 1.25m, normal 0.625m, will add normal 2.5m) that can change mass and a radial-attached compressor (copy the atmosphere sensor model until I can create something better), that act as in-flight mass controller.

You can simply set mass of those tanks in editor, just use standart right-click menu and change amount of heavy Ballast Water.

Compressor unit in real time during flight can 

1. Make ballast water from... um, nothing. It desired to work under sea level, where already is too much water.
    Caution: compressing water physically pointless is power-hungry. Install some fuel cells, RTG, or, at least, good batteries.
  2. Make ballast water back into nothing (decrease total ship mass). You still need some EC, but much less.
  3. Convert good old IntakeAir into brand new CompressedAir. You also need any air intake for this. 

Some amount of compressed air stored in all tanks with ballast water. It is "safety feature".
If you run out of EC at sea bottom, you cannot just start compressor to decrease mass, as you need electric for it. You always (mostly) can EVA and kerbal will go up until sea level. But craft will be lost (recovery)

Every tank has additional button "Empty this tank". When pressed, compressed air displaces water - and do this QUICKLY and without power.
Every tank can contain no more CompressedAir than need to one-time eject all ballast. Than you need to re-compress new air with compressor part.

Known Bugs:

• Compressor can generate water in entire solar system, while you have IntakeAir
  • Air intakes still produce air even deep underwater.

ToDo list:

• ( try to ) Make even better textures.

Partially work without ModuleManager
Download and changelog: GitHub

License: MIT, except Squad`s compressor model.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SmallTweaks: so small, so useless useful... 

Spoiler

Any from this mods patches can be removed without any restricts and conflicts
But better is to do it before start new savegame.

LIST OF CURRENT PATCHES:

- AlternatorForAll - add small alternators to all engines, except boosters and which already have - MM patch

- CommandInventory - build-in KIS storage for all crewed parts, only works if you have KIS installed - MM patch

- ElectricCost - no more free electricCharge. But it still cheap - MM patch

- EngineResponse - add small (not like jeeets) response time for all engines - MM patch

- FSFuelSwitch - allow changing fuel type in LF+OX or MP tanks, including non-stock. Required Firesplitter.  - MM patch

- NervPlumeFx - move exhaust fx closer to engine belt at LV-N engine - MM patch

- SmallGimbal - add small gimballing (0.1 degree only) to all engines, except boosters and which already have - MM patch

Bugs:

• None known.

Plans:

• ...Tell me about your favorite feature...

Will NOT work without ModuleManager
Download and changelog: GitHub

License: MIT. But FSFuelSwitch is mostly rewrite of micha030201's  fuelSwitch to every tank and will be under original CC-BY-SA.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kerbin2.5x: so large...

Spoiler

FEATURES:

- 2,5x size of Kerbin radius (1500km instead of 600).

- New atmosphere limit: 100km instead of 70.

TzqMFcql.png

- New LKO speed: near 3300m/s.

- Remix of moons.

- - Eve - none

- - Kerbin - Mun - Pol

- - Duna - Gilly - Bop

- - Jool - got Minmus instead of Pol

- Brand new Jool texture. Now orange!

xAv0sbBl.png

- All features in differend files, you are free to delete some of them.

Bugs:

• Science values need to be updated...

Plans:

Will NOT work without ModuleManager AND Kopernicus
Download and source: GitHub

License: MIT.

KSP Primitives: more 3D forms, when you need 'em 

Spoiler

Only 2 parts, Sphere and a Cube. No additional features.

- 6 nodes from each side on both.

- for true engineering.

Partially work without ModuleManager
Download: GitHub

... another mods incoming.

Use MM and have fun!

Edited by Jenyaza
1.х Update

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tochas said:

I surely will try this one TODAY!

It would be awesome to have multiple textures / colors for the tanks, to accommodate various ship aesthetics.

WoW!

It works real nice!

20161213191948_1.jpg

Yeah more sizes and textures would be awesome!

Also would be Game Design / balance wise to check for "splashed down" status on the vessel to allow the "increase mass" action.

Both Texture changes and check ship`s status needs a plugin, because this is not in stock, I want to make it as stock as possible.

I heard about Firespitter texture (or mesh) change feature, try to look in some days.

Added this to ToDo list

Edited by Jenyaza

• 4 weeks later...

@jrolson, It`s easy, but what if I add 2,5m sized large tank, it will be enough? (or tell what size you need?)
That part(s) will be available for all, not only for TweakScale users.

Next update include it, and brand new powerful underwater engine (don`t look at it 0.5 kH stats, there`s more)!

(concept under testing)

Edited by Jenyaza

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, lmk23 said:

i downloaded the mod but i cant put it on ksp can someone help me?

1) Use CKAN, it is thebest tool for easy mod installing with all depencies included. What is CKAN?  and  Where to download?

2) In .zip that you download manually you can see "Jenyaza" folder. Each mod author has own folder(s). Even "Squad" inside GameData is "master" mod folder.

Place ""Jenyaza" folder into your Gamedata folder, not just game folder.

Download manually ModuleManager. and place the .dll next to my and Squad foler. What is MM; If you use CKAN, it already did this

Run game, go into sandbox (you may need to create new save) and search for new parts. In career you might not see any new parts as you did not research them yet.

Keeep in mind, that SmallTweaks and Kerbin2,5x do only tweaks, not add any parts.

BWT parts must be under "Payload" category.

If you stil has no result, send KSP.log file (or ksp.x64, if y run x64 exe)

Edited by Jenyaza

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
5 hours ago, Jenyaza said:

1.2 > 1.3 > 1.4 > ... I just set it to 1.x.x, because mod uses basic game functions like stock ModuleResourceConverter, and will work fine for every future release, that does not change way MRC works. 

Cool, whatever works. Now, is there an engine you  recommend using underwater? I am using the electric ducted fan provided by... what was it again, airplane plus or perhaps SXT? But it's not ideal. 

• 1 year later...

Hello?, Is someone still here?

Im here to say that this is the only good mod that I found useful on ballast water, so im requesting some things

1.- Increse the value of the ballast tanks: for me a 3.75m small submarine needs like 7 2.5m ballast tanks which is a lot.

2.- Increase the rate of filling, emptying the tanks: 1 unit per second isnt enough, specially with the 2.5m tank, you need to skip almost the entire day timewrapping, I would be fine timewarping but since your done timewarping the physics turn back on and you submarine explodes and shreds onto the ocean, so it would be great if these changes would be made.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.